Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dropped RC Now Left Stick Not Working
846 10 2017-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Committee L
lvl.1
United States

I dropped my controller after flying a few days ago. Afterwords I attempted to fly to make sure everything was still working, and it would not take off. After looking into what the issue could be I discovered the left stick was not reading when I moved it left/right. I took it apart and messed with the wires a little bit and all the sudden it started to read everything. When I attempted to fly everything went well, but when I try to land it will not shut off the engines when I hold the left stick all the way down. Do I need a new controller? Also is it safe to fly? I have a P3 Standard. Thank You
2017-7-5
Use props
The Committee L
lvl.1
United States

If I could get any help that would be great
2017-7-5
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried calibrating the RC? That might help. If that doesn't, you may need to have it repaired.
Sounds like a cable inside may have come loose.
2017-7-5
Use props
The Committee L
lvl.1
United States

I took It apart and played with the wires a little bit and it started to work. I am just not sure now if I should trust flying it with that rc
2017-7-5
Use props
The Committee L
lvl.1
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-7-5 19:42
Have you tried calibrating the RC? That might help. If that doesn't, you may need to have it repaired.
Sounds like a cable inside may have come loose.

I replied to your comment, and yes I have calibrated it
2017-7-5
Use props
MrPinaColada
Second Officer
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Sounds like a bad connection with a cable or a wire is not in good shape. If you're handy at soldering wires and replacing wires then I believe it would be an easy fix. You could also learn how to solder but I wouldn't do my first soldering job on the remote, id practice before going in.
2017-7-6
Use props
The Committee L
lvl.1
United States

MrPinaColada Posted at 2017-7-6 16:47
Sounds like a bad connection with a cable or a wire is not in good shape. If you're handy at soldering wires and replacing wires then I believe it would be an easy fix. You could also learn how to solder but I wouldn't do my first soldering job on the remote, id practice before going in.

If it is working now should I still go in and solder it? I have a member In my family that is good with that sort of thing.
2017-7-6
Use props
stuka75
First Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Before you solder, you need to know what wire is the issue.  If there is an obvious wire shorting then it could be soldered. If the stick still centered properly, then its electronic or electrical. Try jiggling wires around the stick without moving the stick while its connected to the ac. Otherwise new controller or sending it in could be done.
2017-7-6
Use props
MrPinaColada
Second Officer
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

The Committee L Posted at 2017-7-6 18:47
If it is working now should I still go in and solder it? I have a member In my family that is good with that sort of thing.

I would only solder it if needed, if it's working fine I would probably wait. However you just don't want it cutting out midflight, since you'd have to hit auto land or rth to get it back.
2017-7-6
Use props
The Committee L
lvl.1
United States

MrPinaColada Posted at 2017-7-6 19:39
I would only solder it if needed, if it's working fine I would probably wait. However you just don't want it cutting out midflight, since you'd have to hit auto land or rth to get it back.

Exactly, I am most worried about it stopping during the flight and I have to risk flying it without any control of it.
2017-7-7
Use props
The Committee L
lvl.1
United States

stuka75 Posted at 2017-7-6 19:07
Before you solder, you need to know what wire is the issue.  If there is an obvious wire shorting then it could be soldered. If the stick still centered properly, then its electronic or electrical. Try jiggling wires around the stick without moving the stick while its connected to the ac. Otherwise new controller or sending it in could be done.

Thank You for the help.
2017-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules