885 8 2017-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can I do a palm launch and set the spark to track me without waving it away, i want it to stay hovering after palm launch but track me while i move into position ready for a selfie.
2017-7-6
Use props
Galchanto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101066 ft
Ireland

Yes, use the palm gesture control to set it to the position you want.. If you have your palm up and move backwards it will follow you and move forward it will move away..
2017-7-6
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

just need to change in app after launch from gesture to active track , and again to gesture to take a selfie ...Or , as above friend is pointing , you can use your hand to follow .
2017-7-6
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ok, i dont think i explained it very well. In this scenario I wont be using my phone, just purely gestures. I take out the spark, palm launch and use my hand to position it where I want it. At this point if i waved it away it would track me from the air. I dont want this. I want it to track me from where I left it using the hand gesture. I have a recollection of reading somewhere that if you hold your hands up like the beckon command this activates tracking if you havent waved it away. I have a bit of time now so will look into this and post my results.
2017-7-6
Use props
Galchanto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101066 ft
Ireland

You could just palm launch it, wave it away, have it track you and then when happy with location, beckon it back and then take the closer selfie at the new location...  
2017-7-6
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

According to the app you can set follow me without having to wave it away. Just use the same gesture as Beckon when its not tracking.
ConfirmFollowGesture.PNG
2017-7-6
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

The only way to accomplish this currently is to beckon the aircraft so it makes it way back towards you, then move from your location (while it tries to make its way back to you), keeping your body in frame.

It's not a perfect solution because you need to keep moving away from it or it will stop when it gets to a few feet in front of you, but I personally at least find it fun. You can take gesture photos while doing this, too.
2017-7-6
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-7-6 08:34
The only way to accomplish this currently is to beckon the aircraft so it makes it way back towards you, then move from your location (while it tries to make its way back to you), keeping your body in frame.

It's not a perfect solution because you need to keep moving away from it or it will stop when it gets to a few feet in front of you, but I personally at least find it fun. You can take gesture photos while doing this, too.

This isnt true, you can initiate tracking without waving it away, just make sure you hand gesture it as high as you can reach then do the becon command, it then starts tracking you.
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-7-24 13:20
This isnt true, you can initiate tracking without waving it away, just make sure you hand gesture it as high as you can reach then do the becon command, it then starts tracking you.

Often this is too close, but if it works for you then fantastic!
2017-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules