Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Firmware for Phantom 3 Pro is Available (06/07/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tima
lvl.4
Flight distance : 930230 ft
United Kingdom

No ATTI Mode or  S mode after update P mode is ok
phantom and controler all up to date
DJI APP up to date to.
2017-7-9
Use props
Sasquad
First Officer
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

fansa7dc5944 Posted at 2017-7-9 07:12
Well... one major reason, if I am correct, before this firmware, you are able to fly the quad without mobile device connected and there is no range limit control with this. You may fly P3x as far as it can go and for whatever reason if you lost your sight with the drone that is where the trouble begin. Dji Go does help the pilot know the status of the aircraft. To prevent any trouble that may happen, Dji limits flying their drones without app to the range that you can clearly see and take whatever necessary action in time of trouble. That is the intention of this update. But....did they test it well before releasing the firmware. For me, I have never ever fly my drone without app. So this update is not necessary for safety enhancement.

I still use the dji go app, along with firmware from about 6 months ago. I fly as far as the controller will let me. I get about 7000 feet or so before I need to start bringing it back. No issues. But I will not update to the latest version that makes you hook up to your account to update. I fly with an apple iPad Air 2. Wifi only, No need to update
2017-7-9
Use props
frankencopter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 176936 ft
Australia

Sasquad Posted at 2017-7-9 05:12
This sort of information after the update is why I am NEVER going to update my RC or AC past the latest version (6 months ago)  when DJI proclaimed they were no longer supporting the P3 series. The only reason they released an update after saying they were NOT going to, is the fact they want to tighten the noose on the NFZ. Leave us alone DJI. We bought the stinking quad from you to fly it, not to have you involved in the process other than warranty and repair.

What is the last WORKING firmware version for quad and controller?  I am going to revert (if I can) back to that one.   Thanks
2017-7-9
Use props
frankencopter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 176936 ft
Australia

Sasquad Posted at 2017-7-9 05:12
This sort of information after the update is why I am NEVER going to update my RC or AC past the latest version (6 months ago)  when DJI proclaimed they were no longer supporting the P3 series. The only reason they released an update after saying they were NOT going to, is the fact they want to tighten the noose on the NFZ. Leave us alone DJI. We bought the stinking quad from you to fly it, not to have you involved in the process other than warranty and repair.

What is the last WORKING firmware version for quad and controller?  I am going to revert (if I can) back to that one.   Thanks
2017-7-9
Use props
Phantom One
Captain
Flight distance : 135299 ft
United States

frankencopter Posted at 2017-7-9 17:30

Really depends who you ask.  Every time they release an update there is always someone that has issues.  I've been using 1.10.90 and have had no issues.  I wish I had never updated from 1.9.60 but someone on DJI chat lied and assured me that I would be able to roll back from 1.10.90 if it didn't resolve my video issue.
2017-7-9
Use props
Sasquad
First Officer
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Sasquad Posted at 2017-7-9 05:14
Why are you offering this update after saying 6 months ago, that you were not supporting the p3 series anymore? I smell a rat.
(this question is for anyone at DJI who would like to bring us up to speed on the update..... Doubt we will here back from you)

HELLO DJI, I know you follow these threads........ No answer for the question above leaves us all in wonder. how about it.
2017-7-10
Use props
Jartsa
New
Norway

Hows Litchi and ultimate flight? Still these unlock?
2017-7-10
Use props
Phantom One
Captain
United States

Sasquad Posted at 2017-7-10 00:56
HELLO DJI, I know you follow these threads........ No answer for the question above leaves us all in wonder. how about it.

Relax, I believe they have weekends off like most companies
2017-7-10
Use props
fans48d81f5e
New
Flight distance : 2510 ft
Indonesia

I have same problem today. after updating P3P & RC , is success, and connecting is fine, but is for view second then its lost transmision... relink again, connect but again is lost again.... try unsinstall dji go app, the result is the same.
any suggestion.... thanks
2017-7-10
Use props
fans32a9fd5c
Flight distance : 7280 ft
United States

Is there any improvement to the video lag issue that was introduced with the previous firmware?  
2017-7-10
Use props
Bert L
New
Canada

Good news, i got my gimbal and camera connected, all i did was press the button with a paper clip on the drone next to the red light while drone was on, then selected RC on the Go app  and selected (link RC ) and it worked. I took it out for a short flight, all good.
2017-7-10
Use props
fans66fed949
New
Flight distance : 571 ft
United States

P3 pro emote won't turn on after update
any1 know how to fix?
the led indicate light not even show up
2017-7-10
Use props
jhartlove
lvl.1
Flight distance : 897618 ft
United States

DON'T INSTALL!!!   Just wondering if you have heard about all the problems with the new firmware release from DJI.  It just came out and there are big time issues.  I flew today for the first time since upgrading, I use an iPad mini.  Within a minute I had a message pop up in the app.. "Mobile device CPU fully loaded" .  Then the video feed turned to crap. Freezing up, green screen, etc.  Horrible.  Contacted support and they are scrambling to come up with a fix.   
2017-7-10
Use props
EmilioCid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7445200 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

After updating the drone phantom 3 advanced I turned on the radio and it asked for an update, I did the update, I suppose the light was flashing green and red.

I rebooted and it did not communicate more with the drone nor with the dji go app.

I manually linked it with the drone and how and there was no more communication with the usb port because it no longer recognizes to open the app.

I do not know how to redo the installation if it occurs by the app and it does not open anymore.
2017-7-11
Use props
fans03dff440
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81099 ft
Netherlands

After the All-in-One firmware version updated to v1.11.20 I can’t re-link the aircraft with the remote controller anymore. How can I fix this?
2017-7-11
Use props
Pitchousmart
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31719 ft
Belgium

Hallo,
I explain: I recently acquired a version ghost 3 with a radio GL300C, peak demand my ask to do the update of the drone, the remote control and battery. I did the update of the drone without worry (bin via the micro SD card file). After having updated the dji go remote app and there is problem with the update of the radio, well expected by the end of the update and then I turned off the radio, but now it won't start more (no response to the remote control level)... nothing to do the same by plugging the power cable the lights!
Tanks, Patrick
2017-7-11
Use props
fans5a97c2dc
New
United States

PowerAg Posted at 2017-7-6 12:26
After successful update of App, RC, and Drone, the RC will no longer attempt to connect to the Drone. Anything to do to fix this issue?

Re-link the aircraft to the controller.  Manual spells out how to do.  Pretty simple. You'll need a paper clip or something similar to be able to depress the reset button on the AC.  
2017-7-12
Use props
Carl France
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66699 ft
United Kingdom

Swiss Tony Posted at 2017-7-7 12:22
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,!!!

I had the same issue. The update didn't go as described by DJI, I got to the D....D-D but without the green light. Waited a while to be sure, then powered off and on, to be met with the same symptoms. Thought I'd scuppered it and would have to send it away, you are a life/ P3P saver for sharing this.

You're most welcome
2017-7-12
Use props
djiflyer
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

After installing latest firmware I get an "ESC Status Error" message every time I turn my P3P on.  It says to try re-booting and contact DJI if problem persists.  Anyone else having this problem?  DJI says I need to send it in for repairs.  Never got the ESC Status Error before installing new firmware.  After new firmware was loaded I did have to re-connect controller with aircraft and it worked fine for one battery before ESC error message started happening.  Also experiencing the weak image transmission problem other people have been reporting.  But the main problem is the ESC Status Error that won't let me start the motors.
2017-7-13
Use props
GoodmanRP
Captain
Flight distance : 4344974 ft
  • >>>
Poland

I have exactly the same as the others! . "ESC Status Error"  There is every moment showing the message!
Sometimes he does not have it but he does not even know when!
After all, it can not be! Why can not I do something like returning to "first" software or "hard reset"? Or just restore factory settings! ?? The DJI is getting worse!

During installation it was so!:
2017-7-13
Use props
Jean McK
New
Flight distance : 36988 ft
United Kingdom

I installed the new firmware using the SD card method and it all seemed fine - no linking problems or error messages. I went out to test it and it connected fine and flew a short mission using DroneDeploy.  However, when I took out the SD card, the date says 31/12/2013 and there were no pictures.  I don't know how to change the date - I believe it comes from the RC. Any advice?
2017-7-13
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Seems for me the Pro is same as the Std ... GO app is crap at updating.

I have never had the App do a full and complete no problem update.

This Pro ... GO did the download and updated the RC ... but then RC had no link to AC .... DJI - maybe an idea to make FW update the AC first ??  .... so that meant I had to revert to my way :

Put bin file on root of SD card.

Switch on RC ...... no need for tablet / GO
Card in AC
Switch on AC
AC will immediately start to read and LED will start RED .. GREEN ... RED etc. and all the doodahs beeping.

Go have a cup of tea ... it will take a while..... I suggest have a fan blowing on the gimbal and camera while this is going on.

Once completed LED on AC will be solid GREEN ...  

Switch of AC ..

Switch of RC ..

Switch on RC

Switch on AC

Switch on tablet ...

Check that you have GREEN link on AC and Green on RC. If not - do the re-link bit.

Once linked and GO fires up OK ... you will have to reset your user settings and disable Beginner mode ... latest FW ... DJI decided to reset settings to factory default.

Good luck.
Nigel
2017-7-13
Use props
fans5aa4ee63
lvl.1
United States

I updated firmware using the DJI Go app on my RC and I have a red light also. I also updated the P3P's firmware through the SD card, and it seems fine, but there was no text file saying so. Light on gimbal is green.

How do I fix this? I've read the above posts, but I'm confused what to do! Please help!
2017-7-13
Use props
Hazman54
New
United States

First post......new guy here. Do I delete the .bin file on the card after all updates are done? Flew the P3 today for the first time and the generated txt file says "success" then abort, abort, abort I'm guessing for my battery changeouts and turning off. So, is the .bin file needed after update, or can it too be deleted?

2017-7-13
Use props
IB-Drone
lvl.1
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-7-13 10:56
Seems for me the Pro is same as the Std ... GO app is crap at updating.

I have never had the App do a full and complete no problem update.

Tried that, but it didn't work! Left the thumb drive in RC for 3 or 4 minutes, light remained redl, than it started to beep....beep....beep, 4 or 5 times, than stopped, and seems to have shut off. All lights are off.

I turned it back on, and the red light is still solid.

What do I do! I feel helpless!
2017-7-13
Use props
IB-Drone
lvl.1
United States

IB-Drone Posted at 2017-7-13 14:26
Tried that, but it didn't work! Left the thumb drive in RC for 3 or 4 minutes, light remained redl, than it started to beep....beep....beep, 4 or 5 times, than stopped, and seems to have shut off. All lights are off.

I turned it back on, and the red light is still solid.

Wow, turned on the RC again, light is red, than it started blinking and beeping!

YIKES! What do I do???
2017-7-13
Use props
Phantom One
Captain
United States

Hazman54 Posted at 2017-7-13 14:11
First post......new guy here. Do I delete the .bin file on the card after all updates are done? Flew the P3 today for the first time and the generated txt file says "success" then abort, abort, abort I'm guessing for my battery changeouts and turning off. So, is the .bin file needed after update, or can it too be deleted?

Yes, you can delete the bin file after updates are done, including all your batteries.  You will only need to put the file back on the card if you purchase more batteries at a later date.
2017-7-13
Use props
Hawk Wingover
Second Officer

United Kingdom

ESC status error here to never had that before, even had a battery error never had that one before either. Had to turn everything on and off a few times to get rid of them before i could fly, strange but no warning messages in the app to delete, only warning i ever had before this was a vision position error turned the vision position off and solved it. Knew i wouldnt be the only one nothing surprises me anymore LOL
2017-7-14
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

Phantom One Posted at 2017-7-13 15:11
Yes, you can delete the bin file after updates are done, including all your batteries.  You will only need to put the file back on the card if you purchase more batteries at a later date.

Its such a small file - why delete ? Saves downloading it again to update any new battery ..

Nigel
2017-7-14
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

IB-Drone Posted at 2017-7-13 14:24
Wow, turned on the RC again, light is red, than it started blinking and beeping!

YIKES! What do I do???

LEAVE it to complete ....

2017-7-14
Use props
fansf1148082
New
United States

fansa7dc5944 Posted at 2017-7-9 07:12
Well... one major reason, if I am correct, before this firmware, you are able to fly the quad without mobile device connected and there is no range limit control with this. You may fly P3x as far as it can go and for whatever reason if you lost your sight with the drone that is where the trouble begin. Dji Go does help the pilot know the status of the aircraft. To prevent any trouble that may happen, Dji limits flying their drones without app to the range that you can clearly see and take whatever necessary action in time of trouble. That is the intention of this update. But....did they test it well before releasing the firmware. For me, I have never ever fly my drone without app. So this update is not necessary for safety enhancement.

1) I can fly the drone across a football field and still see it and control it. So these artificial limits are a bit subjective and shouldn't exist. I didn't buy the P4 with the expectation later that they would disable parts of functionality. When I purchased it, I knew what it could or couldn't do, and bought it on those merits. Now in order to get newer functionality, I have to be throttled back to 1/2 a football field, if I choose not to watch a screen all the time, and instead fly it as needed on my own using the controller. This is unacceptable, at least they should allow the end user to remove that constraint from the app when logged in as to register the deactivation of that function.

2) The Goggles don't use the DJI Go app, nor do they log into the account. Do I assume my Goggles are now restricted? Doesn't really matter, because the Goggles are going back anyways I guess. The purported capabilities of the Goggles with the P4 aren't there, I cannot have the Goggles hooked up to the controller and also a tablet, so that I can comply with US laws that the PIC has visual on the bird at all times. My goal was to have a 2nd person with the goggles as I carefully flew the drone. That isn't happening. I also cannot control the camera with my head either, something else that was purported to be true during the pre-order period.

3) With all the issues of this upgrade, I think I will sit it out until the next firmware to see what all changes then.
2017-7-14
Use props
fans4124c35d
New
Flight distance : 56086 ft

United States

This is the problem I'm having.

I tried updating the iOS Go App and it won't give me anything (none of the camera feed and cam/craft settings)

https://youtu.be/Ef28Xwu1IoQ
2017-7-14
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

fansf1148082 Posted at 2017-7-14 13:40
1) I can fly the drone across a football field and still see it and control it. So these artificial limits are a bit subjective and shouldn't exist. I didn't buy the P4 with the expectation later that they would disable parts of functionality. When I purchased it, I knew what it could or couldn't do, and bought it on those merits. Now in order to get newer functionality, I have to be throttled back to 1/2 a football field, if I choose not to watch a screen all the time, and instead fly it as needed on my own using the controller. This is unacceptable, at least they should allow the end user to remove that constraint from the app when logged in as to register the deactivation of that function.

2) The Goggles don't use the DJI Go app, nor do they log into the account. Do I assume my Goggles are now restricted? Doesn't really matter, because the Goggles are going back anyways I guess. The purported capabilities of the Goggles with the P4 aren't there, I cannot have the Goggles hooked up to the controller and also a tablet, so that I can comply with US laws that the PIC has visual on the bird at all times. My goal was to have a 2nd person with the goggles as I carefully flew the drone. That isn't happening. I also cannot control the camera with my head either, something else that was purported to be true during the pre-order period.

Why are you bitching about a P4 on a P3 site ?

Nigel
2017-7-15
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

Today I had a good video feed to display flight ... but I had to literally shut down all default apps and services ... AND reduce transfer rate to minimum 4mbps ....

Nexus 7 vers 2 16gb

Nigel
2017-7-15
Use props
fans4484cdf6
New
Germany

Hello Everybody,
I need your help. After upgrading to the new firmware, i can not start (turn on) my remote for the DJI Phantom3 Advanced.

What is wrong. No LED is on. The Remote was fully charged.

ThX
Schaubi
2017-7-15
Use props
prebenven
New
Norway

Hi. Im really having a hard time after doing this last firmware update. Now both the controller and the drone is red on the led, And there is no communication between them. The app states that everything is normal and that it has the latest version of firmware. And the report from the drone says it has the latest version. What do I do? DESPERATE...
2017-7-15
Use props
Daniel Melo
New
Flight distance : 265128 ft

Brazil

Hawk Wingover Posted at 2017-7-8 10:46
Hi all, phantom3 pro 1.1100.20 firmware  remote 1.9.2  3.1.13  dji go app   ipad4 mini with the latest software,so everything is up to date with the very latest updates. The only problem i had before the update was with video lag and the only warning i have ever had was vision position sensor land asap. After the update i had to re-link the remote not a problem, then i inserted my first battery and ESC status error came up tried to start the motors and got the restart the aircraft if problem persists contact support, still would not start. Downloaded the new firmware back onto the micro sd card again then tried to reinstall it on the phantom, the first time i got success so it wouldnt start the update again, took the sd card back out formatted it and when i turned the drone on again the ESC status error message was gone?. Charged everything up to 100% and went out to fly, inserted my first battery and everything connected fine waited for the green light ready to fly home point updated and took off, the video was way better than before the update flew it out 700 meters video did refresh a couple of times but did it fast with no lag and not a problem like it was before. Inserted my second battery and got the ESC status error again and motors would not start, turned everything on and off a few times and the message went away and motors started green light home point updated so took off flew right out over 800 meters video still good refreshed a few times but as before fast with no lag good flight with no problems. Third battery inserted and got battery error never had that before ever, turned things on and off a few times message went away, waited for the green light home point updated and took off good flight with no problems or any warnings, video still good, i flew all batteries down to 30%. DJI you have done a great job with the video but whats with all the warning messages i never had before? the phantom flys perfect and all signals are good. Uninstalled the app and reinstalled it thinking that might be the problem it made no difference, has anybody got any ideas what might be going on here, DJI has improved the video problem but now there seems to be so many bugs its crazy. Done everything as it should be done what more can you do , only thing ive not done is recalibrate the IMU  and thats because it says it doesnt need to be done, iam right out of ideas anybody including DJI PLEASE HELP because ive run out of things to try.

Hello, my problem is a bit worse. I did the same update using the MicroSDCard on the P3P but on the remote it did automatically using the web. After the reboot of the remote, the remote did not turn on anymore.

Any ideas folks?
2017-7-15
Use props
fans21cfe5ee
New
Australia

I keep getting a message that says gimbal disconnected, it was working fine before the update ....PLEASE Help!
2017-7-15
Use props
fans920a1b6b
lvl.1

New Zealand

fans804c0cfc Posted at 2017-7-7 10:38
I just updated both the controller and the phantom itself. Controller was fine but now after upgrading my phantom has solid red light and fast blinking yellow. Not connecting anymore to the app. Argh!!!
Now I can't fly anymore. Is there a way to roll back?

I have same issue did you find an answer, it is not Linking I have done that. Controls work but the video stream is broken up with green
2017-7-15
Use props
vicThor
lvl.1
Finland

So, after all these terror stories and no official reply, why would anyone update?
2017-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules