New Firmware for Phantom 4 is Available (06/07/2017)
83150 557 2017-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Callatis Posted at 2017-7-23 06:37
Hi Aardvark, did you get the beta firmware? Did you hear anyone having a much better experience with it?
There is an older post about DJI forgetting the Beta testers. It seems like those could not get the "new" firmware.

I've not asked for the new beta, as yet I've only been aware of the video stop recording and gimbal reset when using 4K @ 30fps (only had about 90 mins test flights). The older post about beta testers ended with this latest firmware release, which the previous beta testers received eventually. A significant number are reporting problems, the primary one is erratic flight, the secondary being what I see with gimbal reset. So far I've only seen a few times ( not had much opportunity to test this past week).
I've not read yet of anybody receiving the new beta firmware fix.
2017-7-23
Use props
Sam999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20856 ft
Greece

up..............................
2017-7-26
Use props
JCJMC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2122467 ft
Spain

Anything new, or DJI is waiting for the errors to be solved without doing anything?
2017-7-26
Use props
Pakawan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7264 ft
Thailand

I will keep it in the box, until DJI will fix new firmware issue. I'm afraid to fly unstable drone.
2017-7-26
Use props
Ntopakas
New
Flight distance : 9072 ft
Greece

While I was upgrading my RC the iPad restarted before the completion. Since then as soon I press the Power on all lights come up and the status light is white.  Nothing really works and it cannot connect to the P4. I tried everything to reinstall without success.  Please advice as I'm traveling and missing opportunities to fly and take videos.
2017-7-27
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

Hi
When will this firmware be fixed?
2017-7-27
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi team.

I've started a poll to find out the method used by people to update their P4, and whether it was successful or not. It's here: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;extra=#pid887294

Please take the time to share your method.
2017-7-27
Use props
x-acto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 837799 ft
United States

It is a weird update
2017-7-28
Use props
Cian McLiam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 366496 ft
Ireland

DJI, can we please have some kind of update? Please?
2017-7-28
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

DJI We as customers would like an update as to when the Firmware will be fixed.
2017-7-28
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

When is this firmware going to be fixed?
2017-7-31
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5256 ft
United States

DJI When will the firmware be fixed?
2017-7-31
Use props
Foghorn
New
United States

has latest firmware been fixed of all the bugs/

2017-7-31
Use props
Flyin Ryan 420
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2097713 ft
United States

DJI?? ANY REPAIRED FIRMWARE YET??????
2017-7-31
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Flyin Ryan 420 Posted at 2017-7-31 17:00
DJI?? ANY REPAIRED FIRMWARE YET??????

From what I can see, a beta for the P4 is not yet available - or at least, DJI are not ready to release it. There is a beta available for the P4P which I suspect will inform what the beta for the P4 will end up looking like. Hey, it makes sense that a beta is released for a single platform at a time, as there are components in common. Watch the progress of the P4P beta to production, then expect to see a beta for the P4 - is my bet.
2017-7-31
Use props
fansbc5ff075
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1116017 ft
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-31 17:20
From what I can see, a beta for the P4 is not yet available - or at least, DJI are not ready to release it. There is a beta available for the P4P which I suspect will inform what the beta for the P4 will end up looking like. Hey, it makes sense that a beta is released for a single platform at a time, as there are components in common. Watch the progress of the P4P beta to production, then expect to see a beta for the P4 - is my bet.

Hey DJI can I add my bricked drone lost month or more to my warranty and DJI Care Insurance?
2017-7-31
Use props
Aerography U.K.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 404219 ft
United Kingdom

Does this mean my flight will be restricted if I'm flying with no internet connection as my iPad is non cellular and wifi only.
2017-7-31
Use props
fans59c0de3c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 191998 ft
United Kingdom

Its all worked perfectly for me. No issues at all. Stable flight, Gimbal level and recording in 4K 30fps with no problems.  I like the new modes especially Tripod, well done DJI
All the woes on here very nearly put me off upgrading. Then I remembered that every upgrade has similar threads and Ive nearly been put off before by reading this forum. Those it went well for don't tend to let others know. So here I am, letting you all know. It went well
2017-7-31
Use props
fansb5a8fce5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7516 ft

Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-6 16:36
These are the same issues as experienced for the lastest P4P update, so no surprise really.

I propose the issue is with the RC update, rather than the P4 update. Try this.

When I get the list of available firmware 1.8.0 is the highest available.
How do I upgrade the remote controller to V1.9.2.0  ??
2017-7-31
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.2
Flight distance : 995259 ft
United Kingdom

fans59c0de3c Posted at 2017-7-31 17:49
Its all worked perfectly for me. No issues at all. Stable flight, Gimbal level and recording in 4K 30fps with no problems.  I like the new modes especially Tripod, well done DJI
All the woes on here very nearly put me off upgrading. Then I remembered that every upgrade has similar threads and Ive nearly been put off before by reading this forum. Those it went well for don't tend to let others know. So here I am, letting you all know. It went well

I wonder just how many say it all went well for me on the update really, I thought it had gone well for me also till I did a long test flight, I noticed that the craft was slowing down then speeding up, you could see the props in the video on screen then they were gone then they were back and so on, and when I took her to a high altitude 120 meters straight up it took for ever for her to come back down again thought my battery was going to run out before she landed, and in the hover for more than 5 or 6 mins she was jerking all over the place as if she was compensating for the wind when there was no wind, these I was getting so I rolled back to the version I have now and all is well, don't have all the new mods, but I have a stable Phantom 4, now if you would like to do a back up of your firmware and then pass me a copy I would love to try your version on my drone just to see what happens, I only need the drone firmware as I have all the rest up to date the Controller and the Ipad, regards TJK.
2017-8-1
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

fans59c0de3c Posted at 2017-7-31 17:49

Would you mind backing up the firmware on your bird and sharing it with me?
2017-8-1
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.2
United Kingdom

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-8-1 05:18
Would you mind backing up the firmware on your bird and sharing it with me?

Would you mind backing up the firmware on your bird and sharing it with all us Phantom 4 users who still are having issues with your P4  please Regards TJK.
2017-8-1
Use props
fans59c0de3c
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans7f228480 Posted at 2017-8-1 05:07
I wonder just how many say it all went well for me on the update really, I thought it had gone well for me also till I did a long test flight, I noticed that the craft was slowing down then speeding up, you could see the props in the video on screen then they were gone then they were back and so on, and when I took her to a high altitude 120 meters straight up it took for ever for her to come back down again thought my battery was going to run out before she landed, and in the hover for more than 5 or 6 mins she was jerking all over the place as if she was compensating for the wind when there was no wind, these I was getting so I rolled back to the version I have now and all is well, don't have all the new mods, but I have a stable Phantom 4, now if you would like to do a back up of your firmware and then pass me a copy I would love to try your version on my drone just to see what happens, I only need the drone firmware as I have all the rest up to date the Controller and the Ipad, regards TJK.

30 mins of Video today and it flys perfectly. I updated using Assistant 2 which downloaded the firmware from DJIs servers so I'm afraid any backup I made would be identical to what you already have.
I can only assume that those that are having problems have hardware issues that are only showing up with the update.
2017-8-1
Use props
annoyboyPicture
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

HELP.   I tried updating the firmware for my Phantom 4 Pro via the DJI Assistant software for my Mackbook, but it did not update.   it just keeps getting stuck on the
2017-8-1
Use props
annoyboyPicture
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

HELP.   I tried updating the firmware for my Phantom 4 Pro via the DJI Assistant software for my Mackbook, but it did not update.   it just keeps getting stuck on the 0% progress bar.   Does anyone have the .BIN file to download.  I thought since the DJI assistant Software is not working, I would try the old fashioned way by using the Micro SD card?  
2017-8-1
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fans59c0de3c Posted at 2017-8-1 14:27
30 mins of Video today and it flys perfectly. I updated using Assistant 2 which downloaded the firmware from DJIs servers so I'm afraid any backup I made would be identical to what you already have.
I can only assume that those that are having problems have hardware issues that are only showing up with the update.

Thank you for your reply, I don't think over 500 users have now got a hardware issues, and to think before the UPDATE all was well, Mine is less than a month old and I can only assume that the company that sold me the Phantom 4 is sending out faulty Drones, if we take what your saying.

Well thank you for giving us all the wisdom of your experience, and telling us that no matter what we get from any one we will still have these issues, because we all have hardware issues that we did not know until this new update came on the server. Regard TJK.
2017-8-1
Use props
fans59c0de3c
lvl.1
United Kingdom

annoyboyPicture Posted at 2017-8-1 19:41
HELP.   I tried updating the firmware for my Phantom 4 Pro via the DJI Assistant software for my Mackbook, but it did not update.   it just keeps getting stuck on the 0% progress bar.   Does anyone have the .BIN file to download.  I thought since the DJI assistant Software is not working, I would try the old fashioned way by using the Micro SD card?

I too was initially stuck at 0% on the the Transfer screen.
Reinstall the Assistant 2 software and make sure you install the driver too. It says the driver is to communicate with Android so if like me you thought, I'm on OSx, i don't need it, you were wrong. You do. Its needed to communicate with the P4.
Don't forget to reboot your Mac after the driver install then try again. Worked for me.
Hope it helps.
2017-8-2
Use props
fans59c0de3c
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans7f228480 Posted at 2017-8-1 21:54
Thank you for your reply, I don't think over 500 users have now got a hardware issues, and to think before the UPDATE all was well, Mine is less than a month old and I can only assume that the company that sold me the Phantom 4 is sending out faulty Drones, if we take what your saying.

Well thank you for giving us all the wisdom of your experience, and telling us that no matter what we get from any one we will still have these issues, because we all have hardware issues that we did not know until this new update came on the server. Regard TJK.

Logic tells me that a hacked version of the firmware is not going to work better or be more compatible than the original. It also tells me that if the vast majority of users don't have issues and the P4s all come off the same production line then those that do have issues must have something to do with a hardware fault or the user is doing something wrong themselves. What other possible explanations could there be?
Don't forget these things are at the cutting edge of consumer electronics and if yours is a month old and it is faulty get a replacement. I see your in the UK the laws on your side.
Hope you get it sorted.
All the best
2017-8-2
Use props
P4Mano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33990 ft
Spain

fans59c0de3c Posted at 2017-8-2 02:37
Logic tells me that a hacked version of the firmware is not going to work better or be more compatible than the original. It also tells me that if the vast majority of users don't have issues and the P4s all come off the same production line then those that do have issues must have something to do with a hardware fault or the user is doing something wrong themselves. What other possible explanations could there be?
Don't forget these things are at the cutting edge of consumer electronics and if yours is a month old and it is faulty get a replacement. I see your in the UK the laws on your side.
Hope you get it sorted.

So logic tells me that DJI before provided fake FW to hide the hardware problems !
And now  decided to provide a true FW
And now problems will appear!!
Seriously, is this your opinion?
2017-8-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You would likely find that all components used in every P4 are not all exactly the same manufacturer, these might introduce different tolerances between devices. Which in turn could have a knock on effect in firmware.

It could also be errors in the firmware installation process, it would depend on how robust their error checking system is.

Or a combination of both perhaps.
2017-8-2
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 546604 ft
Brazil

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-7-6 10:03
After several months of reading tales of woe here on the Forum,   I am hesitant about performing this upgrade until I hear a few more success stories, and no reports of catastrophic failure.
Currently flying a Standard Phantom 4 using the DJI Go4 App version 4.1.0 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8" with Android version 7.0 (Nougat).
I keep Airplane mode ON (Wifi OFF) in order to maintain the status quo, which is:   I have to clear the defaults for the DJI Go App before the RC will connect to the tablet.  Sometimes this works immediately, others it takes several goes and about five minutes of fiddling about to get it working.  After that, everything works brilliantly (occasional mid-flight App crashes which are quickly recovered from notwithstanding).  Bottom line:   Any re-assurances that this latest update will fix anything?   I'm inclined to do nothing for the time being, adopting a "wait and see" policy.

Should have read this post before making my update ....
2017-8-2
Use props
annoyboyPicture
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

fans59c0de3c Posted at 2017-8-2 02:22
I too was initially stuck at 0% on the the Transfer screen.
Reinstall the Assistant 2 software and make sure you install the driver too. It says the driver is to communicate with Android so if like me you thought, I'm on OSx, i don't need it, you were wrong. You do. Its needed to communicate with the P4.
Don't forget to reboot your Mac after the driver install then try again. Worked for me.

I think I forgot to reboot the computer when I tried to do it, but I did install that driver software.  I will try it again and see if it works.  
2017-8-2
Use props
fans59c0de3c
lvl.1
United Kingdom

P4Mano Posted at 2017-8-2 03:54
So logic tells me that DJI before provided fake FW to hide the hardware problems !
And now  decided to provide a true FW
And now problems will appear!!

Sorry but I am not sure what you are getting at.
Are you claiming "Conspiracy" or do you think I am?
For clarity I am not and think DJI operate reasonably honourably for a large corporation.
Ive owned three DJI drones over 4 years and have never had a problem with them. Lost two but they were undoubtedly my own fault.
Incredible pieces of tech they come up with.
I thoroughly enjoy using them.
2017-8-2
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fans59c0de3c Posted at 2017-8-2 02:37
Hope you get it sorted.

First off let me tell you that we are not using a HACKED version of the Firmware, we have downgraded to a firmware version that we all know has worked in the past, so where you get that Idea I have no idea, I have as I said had mine fr a month now and have had two updates since then, the first one went on no problems and I was very happy with it, the last one that went on in July gave me all the issues that not only me but others were suffering, Jerky hover, slowing down while flying forward and then speeding up again, unable to turn off the landing button on the screen of my I pad with the touch button and having to use the throttle stick to get control back, now if this is not a firmware glitch I don't know what is. Regards TJK
2017-8-2
Use props
fans59c0de3c
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans7f228480 Posted at 2017-8-2 13:57
First off let me tell you that we are not using a HACKED version of the Firmware, we have downgraded to a firmware version that we all know has worked in the past, so where you get that Idea I have no idea, I have as I said had mine fr a month now and have had two updates since then, the first one went on no problems and I was very happy with it, the last one that went on in July gave me all the issues that not only me but others were suffering, Jerky hover, slowing down while flying forward and then speeding up again, unable to turn off the landing button on the screen of my I pad with the touch button and having to use the throttle stick to get control back, now if this is not a firmware glitch I don't know what is. Regards TJK

Hacked firmware is freely available, even the latest version  and I was being asked to upload the version I used.
Being aggressive with people never helps any cause and signing off with the passive "Regards" just doesn't change it.
Cheerio, I'm outta here

2017-8-2
Use props
P4Mano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33990 ft
Spain

fans59c0de3c Posted at 2017-8-2 13:05
Sorry but I am not sure what you are getting at.
Are you claiming "Conspiracy" or do you think I am?
For clarity I am not and think DJI operate reasonably honourably for a large corporation.

What I do not understand is how you can give only two reasons for these problems!
1-... issues must have something to do with a hardware fault
2- or the user is doing something wrong themselves
Without going any further Aardvark gives you another reason
(...components used in every P4 are not all exactly the same manufacturer, these might introduce different tolerances between devices. Which in turn could have a knock on effect in firmware)
I'm glad you did not have any problems with your phantom,But many of us do (and many more have not yet realized that they do)
The only thing we all want is to fly safely and only DJI can solve the problem!!
2017-8-2
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.2
United Kingdom

P4Mano Posted at 2017-8-2 23:51
What I do not understand is how you can give only two reasons for these problems!
1-... issues must have something to do with a hardware fault
2- or the user is doing something wrong themselves

Thank you all for your reply's, I am sorry if I have upset some people by being truthful and frank about how I have found this situation, like P4Mano pointed out all we want to do is know that when we take our crafts out that we are doing so in a safe and secure way, that they are not going to jerky all over the place or even fly off to god knows where. Regards TJK.
2017-8-3
Use props
sofirgb
New

Malaysia

Compass always error after upgrading new firmware...do refresh buy still have same problem...how to solve it?
2017-8-3
Use props
fans7f228480
lvl.2
United Kingdom

sofirgb Posted at 2017-8-3 04:26
Compass always error after upgrading new firmware...do refresh buy still have same problem...how to solve it?

Roll back to V01.02.0602 on drone only, Regards TJK.
2017-8-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sofirgb Posted at 2017-8-3 04:26

Make sure your aircraft isn't sitting close to any steel object, desk legs etc, or anything that might produce a magnetic field. This will produce immediate errors, move aircraft away from source of interference. If that doesn't work:-

Have you tried a compass calibration in an open area, away from any ferrous objects ?

It could be as simple a fix as that.

Also:-

In 'Main Controller Settings' menu, go to 'Advanced Settings', then 'Sensors'. If you then tap on 'Compass' tab it will show the current status of the Compass'.
2017-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules