New Firmware for Phantom 4 is Available (06/07/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eye Spy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 531467 ft
Canada

Precision Landing feature not available with latest version - everything else seems t work fine...
CORRECTION!!! Very unstable flight/hover.....
2017-7-18
Use props
ekid
New
Flight distance : 162402 ft
Curaçao

Max App Posted at 2017-7-6 06:16
Well that update has screwed with my gear. Updated which took a while. Update got to 99% then gave me a message to disconnect cable and reconnect. Dumb or not I followed the instructions. Now my controller flashes red and green and the aircraft connects and disconnects. I am abroad and can't do anything about it until I get home where I have a pc. I get updates are important but some more flexibility is needed I shouldn't be forced to do it in order to fly. What a lot of crap

I have the same experience, unable to connect, red and green blinking remote control. I tried updating the remote, but 1.9 is not available. It screwed up my assignment for today.
2017-7-18
Use props
ekid
New
Flight distance : 162402 ft
Curaçao

Mariuss Posted at 2017-7-6 09:40
I havent updated but let me know if the rollback goes well! Would be nice to know it's possible...

rollback is impossible when you updated the new dji go 4 app. They removed downgrading
2017-7-18
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

This is not a firmware update for me, It is a malware update. Time to rescue my old Q from the bottom of the wardrobe to get smooth footages again. I will not film with my P4 until a new FW update fixes these issues.
2017-7-18
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ekid Posted at 2017-7-18 13:03
I have the same experience, unable to connect, red and green blinking remote control. I tried updating the remote, but 1.9 is not available. It screwed up my assignment for today.

Try this to update remote:-

Connect RC to display and power both up (aircraft off), device needs good wifi connect. Run DJI Go 4, and when in main screen tap on status bar at top of screen. The top line of the drop down list should give current firmware status. If RC needs updating it should say 'Firmware Update' (or similar) and a red triangle to the right of message. Tap on that line and it should ruin through the RC update process (make sure RC well charged). Power all down when completed , repower all and that should be it.
2017-7-18
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

Did anyone who encountered issues with the new firmware tried Litchi after the firmware upgrade?
2017-7-18
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Callatis Posted at 2017-7-18 16:27
Did anyone who encountered issues with the new firmware tried Litchi after the firmware upgrade?

Yes. It made no difference to the unstable flight.
2017-7-18
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Canada

JockC Posted at 2017-7-18 16:34
Yes. It made no difference to the unstable flight.

Wow, I was hoping Litchi will make a difference. When I send the drone on a Draw Mode mission, at the end of the flight it start wobbling. As soon as I stop the Intelligent Flying Mode the wobbling stops.
2017-7-18
Use props
Håkan K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans1f690efe Posted at 2017-7-18 09:46
Just had my P4 out for the first time since updating the latest firmware, ran 3 battery's through and everything  looks good. Tried new intelligent modes  while recording  them and there working fine. No high wind warning or imu cal. What I did to update  was, RC first through DJI go 4 followed by update Drone also through the go 4 app , IMU calibration, didn't touch DJI assistant 2 to  update  anything.

Thanks for that info. I think I will hold off this until after my vacation as I was planning to use it a lot. Also I think it might be some differences in hardware which this new firmware can't coop with given the amount of  upgrade failure issues and the aftermath with questionable flying capabilities. But I imagine DJI will sort it out sooner or later. I wanted to have the horizon straightened up and the new modes looks like a nice feature too. But I can live with it for now.
2017-7-18
Use props
Cian McLiam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 366496 ft
Ireland

Yes I did wonder if they have small hardware differences in some Phantom 4s, not all were affected by the altitude drop problem last year either. That seemed to be barometer related? They eventually released a firmware that fixed the problem in almost all cases but the question now is whether they will consider investing a lot of time figuring this problem out and fixing it on a discontinued product.
At the moment my P4 is unflyable in P mode, I can only use either sport mode which is too fast or tripod mode which is often too slow.
2017-7-18
Use props
Mediaworx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44521 ft
Russia

Callatis Posted at 2017-7-18 16:27

In Litchi present the same problems as in the DJI GO.
2017-7-19
Use props
Mediaworx
lvl.1
Russia

Ercoupedriver Posted at 2017-7-18 09:11
Ok, I am a 63 year old, analog guy in a digital world.  That being said I followed DJI support instructions to the letter.  The main thing is to make sure all your apps. and electronics are up to date.  using the latest version is important I think.  But anyway I did the F W update, calibrated everything, and took it out for a test drive and had NO PROBLEMS.  So if I can do it I think everyone in this forum can do it. Sometimes it is easy to make a mountain  out of a mole hill.

All the problems appear only in the NTSC 4K 30FPS.
2017-7-19
Use props
Eaze
lvl.1
Flight distance : 356991 ft
Nigeria

I had my aircraft turn off and RC blinking red green at 96% "System controller" displaying in the update progress bar. Disconnected the cable from the aircraft and connected to RC. Restarted RC and when connected to aircraft opened the camera and hit the aircraft status bar. Selected the "Latest firmware" button and updated the RC. Restarted both and connected the aircraft to the phone with the cable and updated the aircraft.  Did all calibrations and everything works fine.

2017-7-19
Use props
StefanLichev
lvl.1
Bulgaria

Good Day. Can a download link for old firmware v1.2.602 for DJI Phantom 4. I looked everywhere but I did not find this firmware anymore and want to download it.
2017-7-19
Use props
Mediaworx
lvl.1
Russia

StefanLichev Posted at 2017-7-19 20:20
Good Day. Can a download link for old firmware v1.2.602 for DJI Phantom 4. I looked everywhere but I did not find this firmware anymore and want to download it.

Here you can download older firmware. And as You'll install the firmware?
2017-7-20
Use props
Mediaworx
lvl.1
Russia

Mediaworx Posted at 2017-7-20 05:37
Here you can download older firmware. And as You'll install the firmware?

Here you can download older firmware.
2017-7-20
Use props
StefanLichev
lvl.1
Bulgaria

Mediaworx Posted at 2017-7-20 06:01

Thank you very much I downloaded it.
2017-7-20
Use props
fans5de20ca9
lvl.1
United States

Saaber Posted at 2017-7-6 20:23
I updated RC first thru the DJIGO4 and then I update the P4 thru the DJI Assistant 2 from PC. Once all done, make sure to reboot both the remote and P4 and then using the GO4 app, relink the P4 and you are done. Make sure to set back your usual settings. It is that easy.

I plan on updating, when you did the update on the RC, was the AC on and connected to the RC and Go app like you normally would do before a flight? Or was the AC off when doing the update on the RC?
2017-7-20
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is that Malware & Virus free ?
2017-7-20
Use props
GrangerFX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-20 06:57
Is that Malware & Virus free ?

Could they possibly be worse than what DJI has given us? My drone is already sick. I am strongly considering going this route. I have always wanted to fly up a mountain with my P4.
Edit: Read the information on that site. It appears that DJI is in violation of the GPL by including open source software in their products but not releasing the source code of those products. This is why that site can exist. I think an open source version of the DJI firmware is the only solution. This would allow people to experiment under their own responsibility.
2017-7-20
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GrangerFX Posted at 2017-7-20 07:47
Could they possibly be worse than what DJI has given us? My drone is already sick. I am strongly considering going this route. I have always wanted to fly up a mountain with my P4.

Could be when it gets on your PC, keyboard loggers etc...
2017-7-20
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GrangerFX Posted at 2017-7-20 07:47
Edit: Read the information on that site. It appears that DJI is in violation of the GPL by including open source software in their products but not releasing the source code of those products. This is why that site can exist. I think an open source version of the DJI firmware is the only solution. This would allow people to experiment under their own responsibility.

Have you seen This post from DJI.
2017-7-20
Use props
GrangerFX
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-20 08:01
Could be when it gets on your PC, keyboard loggers etc...

We have these things called virtual machines that take care of issues like that. Just do your dirty work in the VM and don't log into anything sensitive while in there. This is a constant risk for anything you download. Even apps on the Android app store have been found to contain malicious code. For all we know, DJI's own apps could contain malicious code.
2017-7-20
Use props
Rockafilly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 464633 ft
Germany

May different versions of sensors, cpus etc cause the problems of some (or a lot) of our phantoms? I have an older revision of the p4 and its unflyable since the update
2017-7-20
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rockafilly Posted at 2017-7-20 08:53
May different versions of sensors, cpus etc cause the problems of some (or a lot) of our phantoms? I have an older revision of the p4 and its unflyable since the update

There could be many reasons, I too have an earlier P4, and had intermittent problem with video cut out, gimbal reset. Other than that stability of my flights has been good I would say, with a rock steady horizon view in the camera.
2017-7-20
Use props
fansdb95cc86
New
Flight distance : 4190 ft
Moldova

I have same problem with new firmware.... DJI.. what is going on?
2017-7-20
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Canada

Mediaworx Posted at 2017-7-19 05:39
All the problems appear only in the NTSC 4K 30FPS.

Thanks for the previous answer. As far as all issues being only in NTSC 4K 30fps ... I'll double check but I am pretty sure I was in NTSC 1080p 60fps.
2017-7-20
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-20 09:09
There could be many reasons, I too have an earlier P4, and had intermittent problem with video cut out, gimbal reset. Other than that stability of my flights has been good I would say, with a rock steady horizon view in the camera.

I also have steady flight with new firmware, but have black and green llines from video feed, really annoying
2017-7-20
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans1f690efe Posted at 2017-7-20 12:06
I also have steady flight with new firmware, but have black and green llines from video feed, really annoying

Is that an Android device ?
2017-7-20
Use props
Riggsy
New
Flight distance : 136250 ft
United Kingdom

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-7-6 06:26
Means you need a controller update.  Follow red status area to do this...then power both down and restart.

Wish I read this before I started throwing my toys out of the pram - Same issues... But thankfully I updated the controller ... Didn't check this did I?... Duhhhh... Thanks for the info though
2017-7-20
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-20 12:22
Is that an Android device ?

No it's an iPad mini 4
2017-7-20
Use props
luigi.punix.gma
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3120 ft
Italy

StefanLichev Posted at 2017-7-20 06:16
Thank you very much I downloaded it.

How to "retrodate"?
2017-7-20
Use props
Cian McLiam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 366496 ft
Ireland

I wonder can you just download the bin file and drop it into the app folder on an android device, then use the downgrade process in DJI Go?

Anyone know if the hack will downgrade the batteries too?
2017-7-21
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cian McLiam Posted at 2017-7-21 02:02
I wonder can you just download the bin file and drop it into the app folder on an android device, then use the downgrade process in DJI Go?

Anyone know if the hack will downgrade the batteries too?

Remember too, that any hacked firmware will mess up any warranty you may have left. DJI are saying that a 'Beta fix' will be rolled out soon (to those who request it), which may help those with flight instability problems.

See Here
2017-7-21
Use props
StefanLichev
lvl.1
Bulgaria

But now comes the next question ... How do I have the Firmware to update or to say yes if it will become a fan? I am not with the last firmware, and the Phantom Dron 4. Is there a patch to go to an older Firmware currently V01.02.0602?
2017-7-21
Use props
GrangerFX
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-21 02:38
Remember too, that any hacked firmware will mess up any warranty you may have left. DJI are saying that a 'Beta fix' will be rolled out soon (to those who request it), which may help those with flight instability problems.

See Here

The one good thing is that the errors (which absolutely should have been found and fixed before release) are going to get fixed quickly. DJI should tell all its Phantom 4 users that have updated their firmware to not fly their drones until the issues are fixed. All Phantom 4s with the update are unsafe to fly at this point. DJI knows this and could have a massive liability if they don't act now to recall their faulty firmware.
2017-7-21
Use props
JCJMC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2122467 ft
Spain

In case the DJI engineers have not yet solved the disaster of the new P4 firmware, I give them a temporary solution, enabling the option to return to the previous firmware. Simple.
2017-7-23
Use props
SajidShah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

Today is 23 and DJI Wont Fix Anything that is now a great service of DJI Just Sell new drone and whats problems users had no worry we r getting money
2017-7-23
Use props
Snap-man
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8770 ft
South Africa

I've read the comments on this forum with great interest. Whilst quite stumped at some Phantom 4 flyer's erratic behaviours and problems, I suppose I am fortunate in that the only thing "wrong" with my drone after the upgrade is "Weak Video Transmission Signal" after around 275 - 360m from me. I have tried everything suggested by all the contributors to this forum, but the problem persists....It is quite disappointing that one buys an expensive piece of technology believing all the info on the box....only to find that this piece of technology does not do what the manufacturers claim it can do...by a long margin.
2017-7-23
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-21 02:38

See Here

Hi Aardvark, did you get the beta firmware? Did you hear anyone having a much better experience with it?
There is an older post about DJI forgetting the Beta testers. It seems like those could not get the "new" firmware.
2017-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules