3756 16 2017-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JBSonic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am more and more struggling with using the Inspire 2 as a professional tool and begin to think that it was a rushed and flawed release.

Let me elaborate:

The rattle props (you knew this was coming), it has been 8 months, no progress, no advice, no help, no assistance. Thread after thread, complaint after complaint. The props still rattle, or dont fit properly, sometimes requiring a tool to remove by force because they are stuck on the motor, this is with the "V2" propellers.
It is embarrassing, there are hundeds of videos online complaining about the issue, people are starting to make their own solutions, you can buy 3D printed extras now

Range, my Mavic has by far superior range than the Inspire 2, but I hear you, I know the Inspire 2 is not for "long range flying anyway", but should rather be used as a professional filming tool, not flying miles away from the operator.
My problem is me standing next to the inspire 2, 10 meters, Video signal is poor, in fact the recorded video on the smartphone show corruption a lot, due to bad signal.
My Mavic, flying at the same location, moments later, has no issues (using the same smartphone), perfect signal even further away.

Reliability, Today I went to shoot a bunch of Tesla Cars, the Model S Ludicrious ($100k car) and a brand new Model X for a cheuffeur service company.
Upon starting the Inspire 2, I got a pop up saying that I cannot record in Cinema DNG because I do not have the license. First time I saw this message, I did not update the firmware and obviously I do have the license (recorded in that format a lot before). I restarted the Inspire 2, same issue though, so had to shoot on the SD card instead. £1600 for the DNG license and £1000 for the 480GB SSD and the Inspire 2 refuses to shoot in that mode, good stuff.

Quality, and I mean Build quality.
The arms are wonky, the left and right arm are not aligned properly, I was made aware of a screw which I should tighten. I have done so, it is impossible to tighten the screw enough to NOT make the left right move, or it becomes loose after a single flight. I am sure flight performance, vibration, is the consequence. My Mavic does not have alignment issues, it is perfectly aligned.

Why does the Mavic, the first in a generation of drones, have superior signal range, reliability, build quality and just no issues worth mentioning compared to the Inspire 2, which is based on the Inspire 1, but with far more issues.
It does not make any sense, guess the product was rushed, it is the only explanation.

Better to admit that than saying you worked tirelessly on the Inspire 2 and this is the result.

Search the forums, search online, its a never ending story of issues and problems with the Inspire 2.
I hope threads like these inspire you to do better in the future DJI ;)

2017-7-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

JBSonic, I'm so sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product. We would like to try our best to get it addressed if you could help me to clarify the following information:
1. It is normal if there is slight rattle sound, the flight performance and safety will not be affected. Is there any foam in your propellers? Have you contacted our support to send in the propellers for replacement of propeller with foam?
2. Does the image transmission issue in every places? What is the model of your mobile device? How's the channel quality during flight?
3. Would you please provide me the serial number so I can help to check the license status. Does this issue still persist? You may happen to try to reload the licence via DJI Assistant 2.
4. Is it possible to upload a short video of loose arm to Dropbox and post the link here? We would like to analyze if it is normal or not.
I do apologize for the inconvenience that has been caused, we care much about your feedback and hope to locate the problem and help your out. Thanks for your cooperation in advance.
2017-7-6
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-6 19:57
JBSonic, I'm so sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product. We would like to try our best to get it addressed if you could help me to clarify the following information:
1. It is normal if there is slight rattle sound, the flight performance and safety will not be affected. Is there any foam in your propellers? Have you contacted our support to send in the propellers for replacement of propeller with foam?
2. Does the image transmission issue in every places? What is the model of your mobile device? How's the channel quality during flight?

Hi Mindy,

I respect your answers and realize you are trying to help.

One of your points regarding the loose props or noise does not make sense. I believe the Inspire 2 1550T mounting hubs and propellers have a tolerance issue. It is not much but the props should not be loose or making noise, this is not acceptable.  I have been waiting for replacement  hubs and props for over 3-4 weeks now.  

I waited to buy  the Inspire 2 until June 1, 2017.... so you guys would get these minor bugs worked out. I received the first version of the red and white props with my kit. Guess what, the foam didn't make the props any tighter and three of them are loose.  Customer Service sent me some replacement props that were still version 1 and they were loose too.

Personally I do not have any other issues with the Inspire 2 but the prop issue should be addressed head on and should have been fixed, you should not say it is normal.  

You have read many threads about the prop issue on the forum and customers are finding other ways to get the props tight by using CA glue, shims etc...   I would hope that DJI can provide us with a better solution.

Thank you for all that you do on the forum and I am not bashing you, however the DJI R&D team needs to get this corrected.  I am very tried of waiting for new parts so I can fly my new Inspire 2 with confidence!

Rich
2017-7-6
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-6 19:57

Thank you for the response Mindy, I appreciate it.
1. Yes these are actually brand new propellers which I bought from the DJI website directly only about 2 weeks ago. They are still the V2 props which are bascially V1 props with a foam insert. The foam insert does not solve the problem, it tries to "hide it". As the foam gets compressed the issue returns just as  before, it is not a fix. We are still all waiting for you to fix this widely reported, documented and explained issue.

2. No not in every place, it appears that the I2 is more susceptible to interference than the Mavic. I use the Samsung S7 Edge.
My plan was to buy your Crystal Sky Ultra Bright screen but I have doubts whether it is worth it considering all these issues.

3. The issue seems to be intermittent, I do not use the latest firmware yet. Here is the SN 09YDDCQL040456

Alignment issue:
It is ok, I do not mind the issues that much, this is difficult to get right, but you should try more to address issues. Everybody makes mistakes, what counts is what you do to resolve them after.

Thanks.

2017-7-7
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Still waiting for the app fix DJI..
2017-7-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JBSonic Posted at 2017-7-7 04:55
Thank you for the response Mindy, I appreciate it.
1. Yes these are actually brand new propellers which I bought from the DJI website directly only about 2 weeks ago. They are still the V2 props which are bascially V1 props with a foam insert. The foam insert does not solve the problem, it tries to "hide it". As the foam gets compressed the issue returns just as  before, it is not a fix. We are still all waiting for you to fix this widely reported, documented and explained issue.

Thank you for your updating, the arm is too loose and the alignment is not normal, the drone will need to be sent in for repair, please obtain after-sale service via the link below: http://www.dji.com/support Our support will guide you to raise a ticket and send in, we are so sorry for all the inconvenience that has been caused. Besides, please leave me with the serial number.
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-6 20:49
Hi Mindy,

I respect your answers and realize you are trying to help.

Rich, I understand your feeling, this situation was confirmed by our R&D engineer, conclusion was given after thousands of ultimate tests. The flight performance will not be affected.
Actually, we will help to replace the propellers if there is any problem, would you please provide me your case number?  Have you contacted our support to replace again?
2017-7-10
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-10 04:08
Rich, I understand your feeling, this situation was confirmed by our R&D engineer, conclusion was given after thousands of ultimate tests. The flight performance will not be affected.
Actually, we will help to replace the propellers if there is any problem, would you please provide me your case number?  Have you contacted our support to replace again?

Hi Mindy,
Thank you for responding and your comments regarding R&D findings.

I have contacted email support again, but still waiting "Mark Renz DJI Support ((Your request(#618968))"  I provided them photos and explanation of the problem.  They say the are working on it.

PS I sent you a PM 3 days ago too.
thanks
Rich
2017-7-10
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So there is no longer a 45* tilt function for the flight camera ?
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-10 08:58
Hi Mindy,
Thank you for responding and your comments regarding R&D findings.

I see, they will create a case for your reference. I'm sorry that the message you sent to me was missed, please keep me updated on thread.
2017-7-11
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-10 03:37
Thank you for your updating, the arm is too loose and the alignment is not normal, the drone will need to be sent in for repair, please obtain after-sale service via the link below: http://www.dji.com/support Our support will guide you to raise a ticket and send in, we are so sorry for all the inconvenience that has been caused. Besides, please leave me with the serial number.

Hi Mindy,

ok I will raise a ticket to send the drone in for repair.
The serial number is: 09YDDCQL040456

Thank you
2017-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JBSonic Posted at 2017-7-11 06:17
Hi Mindy,

ok I will raise a ticket to send the drone in for repair.

Thanks, local repair team will take care of it when it arrives, should you have any other questions, please keep me posted.
2017-7-12
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 391293 ft
United Kingdom

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-7-10 09:05
So there is no longer a 45* tilt function for the flight camera ?

would like to know any news about this as well

I have created a post but official support still didn't feedback https://forum.dji.com/thread-103990-1-1.html
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JoePGM Posted at 2017-7-12 03:29
would like to know any news about this as well

I have created a post but official support still didn't feedback https://forum.dji.com/thread-103990-1-1.html

Have replied on your thread, please check it out.
2017-7-12
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 391293 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-12 03:52
Have replied on your thread, please check it out.

Thank you Mindy!
2017-7-12
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-11 02:13
I see, they will create a case for your reference. I'm sorry that the message you sent to me was missed, please keep me updated on thread.

Hi Mindy,
I finally received an email today with a case number CAS-793380-K9L2M5.  They said they will provide the SPR of 1550T hubs as requested. Can you see if they could send me 2 sets of the V3 White / Red props also.

Thanks for your help
PS, I would be happy to send all the other 1550T props back to DJI
Rich
2017-7-13
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just thought I would give an update on this in case others have the same issue:

I send my Inspire 2 back because one arm being wobbly (as described above). It was away for 3 weeks and went through 'repair'.

I received it back and to my shock it is still miss-aligned, I guess this is just the way it is?
DJI is this how it is supposed to be? Are you unable to line up 2 arms to the same height?

The arm is also still loose, they just tightened a screw which an Indian street repair shop could have done.
So they did not even attempt to solve the problem.

Anyway, my advice for anyone who do fall for the Inspire 2, get a refund and either go for Mavic/Phantom series or if you need larger one go for S800 or a Yuneec drone which seem better value (or apparently even better build quality funny enough)

2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules