Choppy, blackout and green screen
5891 32 2017-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andyc57
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184032 ft
United States

hello everyone im having video or video link  issues,  that I never had before. since i updated the DJI GO app. i been having blackout
,green screen and choppy movements issue. i uploaded the video to Youtube. if you notice i have other video i posted on Youtube
and the display is fine or video link are fine.....

thank you

here my Setup

P4Pro with  latest Firmware to include the RC
IPAD 5th generation WI-FI
Chip A9Chip w 64-bit architecture
embedded M9 motion coprocessor
32GB

2017-7-6
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
China

i have the same issues. before everything was fine. then DJI forced me to update, ruined my holiday and since then its a disaster everytime i fly...

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=240403
please see my photos here and tell me whether you have same issues
2017-7-7
Use props
andyc57
lvl.2
United States

PandaFlyingcat Posted at 2017-7-7 00:48
i have the same issues. before everything was fine. then DJI forced me to update, ruined my holiday and since then its a disaster everytime i fly...

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=240403

hello and thank you for your reply, yeah my was simple app update via ipad, but man now is hell. now I fly in open area stay low and slow. now the AC (P4pro)  respond to the control fine. but the video link suck, later on today going to concat DJI  support via Chat and paste my youtube  link and see what bullcrap or BS they going to tell me. ok my friend sorry for you issues, if I resolve my problem il let you know asap........  safe flying
2017-7-7
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
China

andyc57 Posted at 2017-7-7 01:08
hello and thanks you for your reply, yeah my was simple app update via ipad, but man now is hell. now I fly in open are stay low and slow. now the AC (P4pro)  respond to the control fine. but the video link suck, later on going to the DJI Chat support and paste my youtube  link and see what bullcrap or BS they going to tell me. ok my friend sorry for you issues, if I resolve my problem let you know asap........  safe flying

got it. keep up the spirit in these dark ages from DJI
2017-7-7
Use props
andyc57
lvl.2
United States

PandaFlyingcat Posted at 2017-7-7 01:33
got it. keep up the spirit in these dark ages from DJI

dude life is too short..... I don't sweat ,the small stuff.... specially from DJI...
2017-7-7
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

have you tried the Litchi app?
2017-7-7
Use props
Addy Overbeeke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 764869 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same problem using the iPad mini 4 but get total loss of video view for many seconds at a time , making ti dangerous to fly when operating at low altitudes like for real-estate shoots. This can ruin someone's business. I got a reply from DJI tech rep that engineers are aware of problem and working to resolve. Lets see how long and if  patch works. I had just purchased the iPad that was on the DJI's compatibility list because I had problems with an Android tablet . Well that last a month, and now I have issues with both.
2017-7-7
Use props
Inspired UAV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 337100 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just tested having the same issues GROUNDED
2017-7-7
Use props
andyc57
lvl.2
United States

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-7-7 02:04
have you tried the Litchi app?

Hello thank you for your reply, no sir Not yet but is on my future add on
2017-7-7
Use props
andyc57
lvl.2
United States

Addy Overbeeke Posted at 2017-7-7 02:34
I have the same problem using the iPad mini 4 but get total loss of video view for many seconds at a time , making ti dangerous to fly when operating at low altitudes like for real-estate shoots. This can ruin someone's business. I got a reply from DJI tech rep that engineers are aware of problem and working to resolve. Lets see how long and if  patch works. I had just purchased the iPad that was on the DJI's compatibility list because I had problems with an Android tablet . Well that last a month, and now I have issues with both.

I broke one of the oldest rules that has been around for a long time "if ain't broke don't fix it" so later today going contact DJI support send my  you tube link see what bull crap or BS they going to tell me
2017-7-7
Use props
Inspired UAV
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats the exact thing I am getting was ok before update? and one know of a work around yet?
2017-7-7
Use props
fansb051060d
lvl.1

United States

This was a definite introduction with the latest RC firmware.

DJI did zero testing of it before releasing it to the public, and now it has been over one month with this problem still unresolved. Pathetic and zero accountability.
2017-7-7
Use props
fansb051060d
lvl.1

United States

It is issues like the bad live feed and the removal of Smart RTH toggle which cause things like this to happen:
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/3knkgn/dji-is-locking-down-its-drones-against-a-growing-army-of-diy-hackers

People wouldn't be so motivated if DJI didn't release buggy crap.
2017-7-7
Use props
andyc57
lvl.2
United States

Inspired UAV Posted at 2017-7-7 04:43
Thats the exact thing I am getting was ok before update? and one know of a work around yet?

I'm working on it, , il will post any fix as soon i resolve  it...thank you for your reply
2017-7-7
Use props
andyc57
lvl.2
United States

fansb051060d Posted at 2017-7-7 08:38
This was a definite introduction with the latest RC firmware.

DJI did zero testing of it before releasing it to the public, and now it has been over one month with this problem still unresolved. Pathetic and zero accountability.

yeah you correct the just go live never checking it out first before they release it thank you for your reply
2017-7-7
Use props
andyc57
lvl.2
United States

fansb051060d Posted at 2017-7-7 09:33
It is issues like the bad live feed and the removal of Smart RTH toggle which cause things like this to happen:
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/3knkgn/dji-is-locking-down-its-drones-against-a-growing-army-of-diy-hackers

thanks for reply that was a good read. i think DJI need to know we own the product and if people want to make changes i.e. paint or mod they can't stop a person from do it.  look at apple product how it gets jailbreak.  DJI is a new company and they finding out is not easy in the real world. i dont think they will stop the hacker jailbreakers or anyone from moding there product
2017-7-7
Use props
PinpointMapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ditto on the issue of video drop/green screen.  Worked fine earlier, but since last update it has been very poor.  Updates are supposed to be better not WORSE
2017-7-7
Use props
Inspired UAV
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just been out and done 3 batteries using the Litchi app "ZERO PROBLEMS". So this makes me think its not the bird but the App thats the problem? But I could be wrong? video transmission was smooth and no green screen and drop outs... Quite like the Litchi app
2017-7-8
Use props
Inspired UAV
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just done some testing and with my Cinemizers plugged into the HDMI module for FPV there was NO BREAK UP AT ALL??? but still visible there on the App??
2017-7-8
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been using my iPad Mini 2 with my P4 for the past year and it has been incredible.  

Today, I had my first flight with my brand new P4P after updating all firmware, software, etc.  I flew with my iPad Mini2.  It was a terrible experience with the mini 2, and I'm really bummed about it.  Never ending video transmission problems.  Green and black stripes on the screen constantly.  About 2 fps at times.  Didn't matter how close or far I was from the bird.  Rebooted everything, tried different cable, tried different file format settings,  carefully adjusted the antenna, I tried airplane mode on the iPad, etc etc etc.

The entire time I had full bars for RC connection, GPS, Sensors, etc.  and I had no trouble at all with controlling the bird, just problems with the video signal transmission.

I FINALLY decided to see if the iPad Mini was the problem (rather than thinking the problem was part of the RC/Drone/iPad communication), so I decided to try my iPhone 7 plus to control the bird.  Worked perfectly... absolutely perfectly.  So, the iPad Mini 2 = Problem,   iPhone 7+ = excellent reception, Me = bummed.
2017-7-9
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

UPDATE:
I've been doing quite a bit of experimenting with this issue today and have found some repeatable results.
1) The problem does not appear when cold booting everything.  The video transmission is fine, even when flying quite a distance.
2) After a few minutes, the problem appears and gets worse minute by minute.  This indicates to me that it is heat related, probably the heat of the iPad.  Take a break to cool things off, the video transmission problem goes away, until things heat up again.
3) All things being equal, this problem only shows itself on the iPad Mini 2, not on my iPhone 7 Plus.
4) Although this is just a gut reaction (with no evidence)... as soon as I started recording video (rather than just watching on the iPad), the image started hesitating, then soon after started pausing with green and black bars.  I'm thinking that the combination of processing the typical bandwidth of flying, coupled along with recording video and audio to the iPad Mini, might be more than the thing can handle.  The iPad mini 2 is getting long in tooth, and the new DJIGo4 might not be the most frugally scripted app in the world.
2017-7-9
Use props
andyc57
lvl.2
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-7-9 09:35
I've been using my iPad Mini 2 with my P4 for the past year and it has been incredible.  

Today, I had my first flight with my brand new P4P after updating all firmware, software, etc.  I flew with my iPad Mini2.  It was a terrible experience with the mini 2, and I'm really bummed about it.  Never ending video transmission problems.  Green and black stripes on the screen constantly.  About 2 fps at times.  Didn't matter how close or far I was from the bird.  Rebooted everything, tried different cable, tried different file format settings,  carefully adjusted the antenna, I tried airplane mode on the iPad, etc etc etc.

ok so  you  think this could be heat related  due to iPad on screen capture record .cuz i started doing  video record on my iPad  while flying. .  .  tomorrow if weather permits will do a test fly with out screen video capture  thank you info safe flying.....
2017-7-9
Use props
Inspired UAV
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Anybody heard from DJI regarding this issue? seems to have gone very silent??
2017-7-16
Use props
gt3rs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280056 ft
Switzerland

I have the same problem and it is definitely heat related. In my case P4p, iPhone 6 plus.
I believe that the new versions of DJI GO are taxing more the CPU of the tablet/phone, so the phone overheat and slow down causing problems in decoding the live stream.
I also have the impression that while recording the problem occurs more frequently although I have disabled local caching. It seems that while recording the app does some something more to tax the CPU that does not make sense. In my case I had the problem already with the previous version of DJ GO (May) but now it is more severe but also the temperatures are higher.

Yesterday I flew at the same spot at 11.30 in the morning at 30° C in the sun and after 4 minutes the stream was unusable. I flew at sunset at around 22° C with a bit of breeze and I could fly and record for 40 minutes (two battery) with no issue at all.

DJI needs to optimize the code to be less taxing on the device and also do a much better testing especially at higher temperatures.
2017-7-16
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Excessive heat will cause this. It gets worse when the battery voltage starts to go low and the temp. in thee compartment goes up .  Check those parameters by using the battery icon in you Go App. On very warm days you have to keep your Phantom moving right along to keep this cool inside.
2017-7-16
Use props
gt3rs
lvl.4
Switzerland

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-7-16 03:35
Excessive heat will cause this. It gets worse when the battery voltage starts to go low and the temp. in thee compartment goes up .  Check those parameters by using the battery icon in you Go App. On very warm days you have to keep your Phantom moving right along to keep this cool inside.

In my case it has nothing to do with the drone but like many it is an issue with the app/device. Many have reported that using the hdmi out on the remote the video signal is perfect although the device shows the choppy stream at the same time. Also many have reported that the iPhone 7 (faster cpu than mine and most iPads) is not having the issue but the same drone with the iPad or older iPhone it shows the issue. Check the inspire forum where others have the exactly same issue but the drone is a completely different one.

I had the problem while filming surfers with a wind of 20-30 km/h and continuously moving the drone.... Also the video saved on the SD is perfect with no glitches.... The phone was super hot the drone was not hot at all...

The issue is that the latest DJI GO app for iOS are more demanding on the CPU that cause the device to throttle the cup speed making the decoding of the h264 stream choppy.

2017-7-16
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

gt3rs Posted at 2017-7-16 10:12
In my case it has nothing to do with the drone but like many it is an issue with the app/device. Many have reported that using the hdmi out on the remote the video signal is perfect although the device shows the choppy stream at the same time. Also many have reported that the iPhone 7 (faster cpu than mine and most iPads) is not having the issue but the same drone with the iPad or older iPhone it shows the issue. Check the inspire forum where others have the exactly same issue but the drone is a completely different one.

I had the problem while filming surfers with a wind of 20-30 km/h and continuously moving the drone.... Also the video saved on the SD is perfect with no glitches.... The phone was super hot the drone was not hot at all...

I am only going by my experience. I use an iPad mini 4 with Cellular. I was experiencing the green screen on very warm days while doing a lot of hovering and not much movement. It got worse as the voltage in the Phantom battery dropped to around 28%. The Phantom was within 10 feet of me. I can make it do this every time on a very warm day. If I keep it moving along and venting the warm air things are fine.
2017-7-17
Use props
gt3rs
lvl.4
Switzerland

Today on the latest iOS app I was getting the same issue so I did disable the Over Exposure Warning and Histogram and I had no problem thereafter.... After a full battery I switched back the histogram and I add no problem. I will test more but it seem that the Over Exposure Warning generate more load on the cpu of the phone but I need to test more to be 100% sure.
2017-8-3
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5384334 ft
France

Hi Guys
I also randomly have this same issue with my P4P , i must admit , it’s worst when using Litchi  and less annoying with DJI Go , but before the update , its was just fine .
2017-8-3
Use props
djiuser_55RMcis
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-8-3
Use props
Mousedriven
New
Flight distance : 54281 ft
Australia

Same issue I fixed it by unistall new updated version for an earlier version. manual apk install.....
2017-11-24
Use props
fanse2c2c86f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 478547 ft
Australia

Same Green choppy fault. Must be heat related in the iPad mini. Mine got hot really fast. DJI - how can bee reduce our CPU usage? What can I turn off that will reduce the CPU stress on the iPad?
2017-12-6
Use props
fans2f3fd0e2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hey, used the fly app with no issues with Mavic mini, now I've upgraded to the mini 2 I have a green screen display after take off, any ideas?
2020-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules