Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New aftermarket FPV upgrade for Inspire
5214 10 2015-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MainlineAerial
New

United States

Just came across this link and thought I'd share with everyone. Great upgrade here for people in need of more spatial awareness flying, especially for two operator setups where the camera is facing away from direction craft is heading!

VbXs
2015-3-18
Use props
choptlivah
lvl.3
Flight distance : 795633 ft
Canada

This is awesome.  My first flight with another person controlling the camera was disorienting at times.  Thanks for the share!
2015-3-18
Use props
daver/m
Second Officer
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Spoke with DSLRPROS rep last Tuesday , and it's a real nice set up .. Fixed low light nose FPV cam, uses the FlySight 7" black pearl HD monitor with 5.8 ghz diversity twin reciever antennas , and a 5.8 ghz video tx on the inspire . This is the way it should be for a true dual operation and its own stand alone video feed that has near no latency and won't drop out nearly as quick as the light bridge can ...
You could also use the fatshark dominator goggles with a 5.8ghz  reciever at the same time !
I'll be making up my own setup as soon as I figure the wires to tap safely for the video TXs power feed.
2015-3-18
Use props
MainlineAerial
New

United States

daver/m Posted at 2015-3-19 11:29
Spoke with DSLRPROS rep last Tuesday , and it's a real nice set up .. Fixed low light nose FPV cam,  ...

Sounds great, and agree it would have been a nice option from DJI. I'm not quite ready to make this leap but it is on my radar. Keep me posted if you  set it up, like to know how it goes!
2015-3-18
Use props
Bob Marley
Second Officer

United States

MainlineAerial Posted at 2015-3-19 12:27
Sounds great, and agree it would have been a nice option from DJI. I'm not quite ready to make thi ...

This ..... or the Cinimizers ...... hmm same price, different purpose. wish I had money for both.
I plan on working the farms and letting the farmers work the camera, the aftermarket fpv might prove very useful, while the cinimizers are just about fun.
2015-3-18
Use props
lethbrp
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Yes, this is a much needed upgrade. I'm surprised DJI never originally though this through on the original design. It only become apparent when you use dual operator how important a separate feed is.
2015-3-18
Use props
Bob Marley
Second Officer

United States

daver/m Posted at 2015-3-19 11:29
I'll be making up my own setup as soon as I figure the wires to tap safely for the video TXs power feed.  ...

I really think I'm gonna need this.
Kinda sucks that it's an extra $700 that was not budgeted.
What do you plan on doing daver, I might be in with you if you'll have me?

Maybe I'll only get 1 NVidia Shield and knock $300 off the price of the FPV?
(daver, do you think that would be a good or bad idea? cause I'm definitely getting the 2 controller setup)
2015-3-19
Use props
Tournique80
lvl.1

Mexico

What about the warranty if you modify the Inspire?
2015-3-19
Use props
Bob Marley
Second Officer

United States

Tournique80 Posted at 2015-3-20 08:35
What about the warranty if you modify the Inspire?

F it. As long as the props don't fly off or it doesn't fly off on it's own I don't need a warrantee.
I DO need to see Where I'm Going though when a 2nd party is viewing and controlling the camera.
The prop deal has been fixed and I'm hoping the next firmware update squashes the other bugs.

It is my firm opinion that this bird will fly great for many years to come with Zero problems.
It is a great tool and I'm investing a bunch of money on my Inspire 1 project. A Great tool !!!
2015-3-19
Use props
Bob Marley
Second Officer

United States

Is anyone else thinking about this?
2015-3-20
Use props
houston
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like a brilliant idea. Probably not for me for several months. When I get mine back from repair, I am sue I will not want to take my eye off if it for a while.
2015-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules