When the LIghts are Yellow, Be Mellow!!
1152 7 2015-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

First time for me...
Tonight i thought i would take a couple of flights after work, two fully charged batteries, slightly overcast but certainly nice enough to flly and it is supposed to rain over the next few days so it was time to get out and fly. I thought i had seen/read most everything...and maybe i had read this but it just happened and i was "WTP"!
After pre flight checks, powering up the RC, the TX and then the Phantom and satellite lock and then my phone in Airplane mode..my Phantom just displayed flasing yellows!! I had never had these before...So, I first glance at my RC and TX, everything looked o.k., looked at the Phantom and oh crap..thought i should just start over (maybe i missed something)..re power everything, compass dance..and so on...Anyhow, after all the rituals were over, still Yellow lights, damn..something is wrong...DUH!!!.
After a quick check of the light sequences at start-up again, i did a double take on the little tag that was supplied with the Phantom...
Quite simply...All Yellows = Ready to Fly without GPS or Transmitter Signal lost...I then thought...hmmm...TX is fully charged and both lights on the TX are on so what is the state for "Ready to Fly without GPS"...Bingo...That would be ATTI...and as sure as Shiza, I looked down and S1 was in position 2 (ATTI as i am in NAZA-M)..and wouldn't you know it...I flipped S1 up into position 1, off went the Yelllow lights and away BB and i went...off into the Sunset......It could happen to anyone, has this happened to you?

2015-3-18
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

It has, now it's part of the preflight.  If you want to be really shaken, have the switch in the bottom position and try to figure out why it won't start.
2015-3-18
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-19 11:44
It has, now it's part of the preflight.  If you want to be really shaken, have the switch in the bot ...

Thanks Gerry, i figure when one of my dogs were thinking this was a potential flying chicken i was about to launch for her pleasure (the younger one who i keep on a lead and tied to my arm) started toward the Phantom, i must have hit S1 in the process, anyhow, lesson learned and i know what to check from now on.
2015-3-18
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-19 11:58
Thanks Gerry, i figure when one of my dogs were thinking this was a potential flying chicken i was ...

That would have made a mess of the dog.
2015-3-18
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-19 12:00
That would have made a mess of the dog.

Hence the reason i keep her on a lead and tied to my arm...My other Aussie who is almost 2 yrs. just looks at it and drools and smiles, he is all good with it..The younger one is still thinking that everything that moves is a toy she needs to chase and heard it but she is learning...We love our puppies!!
2015-3-18
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-19 12:03
Hence the reason i keep her on a lead and tied to my arm...My other Aussie who is almost 2 yrs. ju ...

I had shelties.
2015-3-18
Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules