Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Setting home point to controller
12Next >
4800 46 2015-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ruddy951
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59324 ft
United States

i have now had 2 flights where I set my home point to my controller and after take off my homepoint shoots over 1/4 mile away.  Has anyone else had this problem? And how would I go about sending my logs to dji so they can review it?
2015-3-18
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

Go to the user center>>flight record. Click the cloud button to upload your flight records, then we can sync them from the server.
2015-3-18
Use props
patou72
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-3-19 12:00
Go to the user center>>flight record. Click the cloud button to upload your flight records, then we  ...

Had exactly the same problem and opened a tread about that a week ago...no response from Dji officials...not even from the mail I sent to technical support......

Take a turn and got a look (I posted some photos).

Thanks for your work Dji-Autumn
2015-3-19
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

patou72 Posted at 2015-3-19 16:32
Had exactly the same problem and opened a tread about that a week ago...no response from Dji offic ...

Sorry patou, I didn't notice that post. Pls give me your ticket number. I'll have a check.
I'll go back to your previous post and reply there.
2015-3-19
Use props
magaspen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200279 ft
United States

same problem, at 18% got a low power warning and going home, which was the wrong home...in between the set homepoint and the actual homepoint was a large tree.    found the tree.  now i have only 3 props and am grounded.   yet another issues.  can't find a single prop
2015-3-19
Use props
Fred D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

I noticed this problem when I was using my TAB4 (Android) my home point would show as somewhere else far away. I switched to my iPad mini2 and have not had it happen again.
2015-3-19
Use props
Acidsnow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

mine does this too, and I can't set it to home point of aircraft because there is some bug that says it will return at a failsafe height of 0.0 meters . . . I really hope it never loses its connection cause either way I'm gonna have some serious problems.
2015-3-19
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.3
United States

Ok guys I got a quick response from dji stating that we should be using the recorded home point feature not the dynamic rc home point if possible. The rc home point is greatly affected by the environment. "Good to know" .  As for acidsnow have you set the  failsafe hight to something other then 0.0 meters? I ha e always used the rc home point due to it made more since to me that way . I will try it the other way today and see what mine does
2015-3-19
Use props
AMF536
lvl.1

United States

I had a similar problem that the location of the RC on the map (blue dot) kept changing from actual location to 1/4 mile away back to 50 ft away, etc.  Should that matter as long as I am still in contact with the craft?  
2015-3-19
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.3
United States

It's more of a safety concern for me. If signal is lost then the drone will not return home to where it's supposed to instead it will land who knows where. As long as you don't set it to the rc home point you should be fine amf.
2015-3-19
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Rc Tx GPS is located at the top of the transmitter.  If it does not have a good GPS lock then the Tx home point can wander.  Make sure that there are no obstructions to the Tx GPS antenna and that you monitor is on Airplane mode.  
2015-3-19
Use props
patou72
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-19 23:45
The Rc Tx GPS is located at the top of the transmitter.  If it does not have a good GPS lock then th ...

Hello Tahoe_Ed,

Do you know if the GPS receiver in the TX is the same model as in the Craft? Does it works also with GLONASS and/or GPS.
For me it seems that the GPS in the TX has not the same capacity/sensibility as the one in the craft.

You are right to keep an eye open that there are no obstructions, but anyway we should find in the official manual an advertising about the possibility of a floating home point when you use the Dynamic home point.......

Thanks for your work
2015-3-19
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

patou72 Posted at 2015-3-20 00:05
Hello Tahoe_Ed,

Do you know if the GPS receiver in the TX is the same model as in the Craft? Does ...

I do not know the specs for the Tx GPS.  My guess is the Inspire has the better of the two.  I will pass your comment on to DJI HQ.
2015-3-19
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.3
United States

Thanks Tahoe ed.. your support is always top knotch
2015-3-19
Use props
Acidsnow
Second Officer
Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-19 23:45
The Rc Tx GPS is located at the top of the transmitter.  If it does not have a good GPS lock then th ...

odd, my blue dot would never show up until I turned on GPS on my android . . . when I turn off gps on my android device the blue dot would disappear, which made me believe there is no gps in TX.  I tried this multiple time because I did remember reading that there was gps in transmitter . . .

I tried this several occasions to be sure . . . I honestly believe my blue dot comes from my androids gsp not the transmitter . . .
2015-3-19
Use props
Acidsnow
Second Officer
Canada

ruddy951 Posted at 2015-3-19 22:43
Ok guys I got a quick response from dji stating that we should be using the recorded home point feat ...

my failsafe is set to 30m in the settings . . . . someone on this forum said it was a bug . . . so I'm still unsure if it will RTH at 0 or 30m . . . don't really want to try . . .
2015-3-19
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Acidsnow Posted at 2015-3-20 02:45
odd, my blue dot would never show up until I turned on GPS on my android . . . when I turn off gps ...

I think what is happening is your Android GPS is interfering with the GPS in the Tx.
2015-3-19
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Acidsnow Posted at 2015-3-20 02:47
my failsafe is set to 30m in the settings . . . . someone on this forum said it was a bug . . . so ...

I have not had this occur.  Is this on your Android and have you tried it with a iOS device or another Android device.
2015-3-19
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.3
United States

It's odd that it would be interfering when gps on android device is turned off .. I would think interference would only occur when both gps systems were activated don't u think?
2015-3-19
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ruddy951 Posted at 2015-3-20 03:17
It's odd that it would be interfering when gps on android device is turned off .. I would think inte ...

I was responding to this post:

odd, my blue dot would never show up until I turned on GPS on my android . . . when I turn off gps on my android device the blue dot would disappear, which made me believe there is no gps in TX.  I tried this multiple time because I did remember reading that there was gps in transmitter . . .
2015-3-19
Use props
Acidsnow
Second Officer
Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-20 02:56
I have not had this occur.  Is this on your Android and have you tried it with a iOS device or ano ...

I normally use Android, but I just took out my iPad mini 2 and I'm getting the same message  . . .
1.jpg
2015-3-19
Use props
Dangair
Second Officer

Canada

magaspen Posted at 2015-3-19 21:31
same problem, at 18% got a low power warning and going home, which was the wrong home...in between t ...

Sounds like this is not the first tree you have hit? Did your inspire not come with spare props?
2015-3-19
Use props
Dangair
Second Officer

Canada

Have you folks set the rth minimum height? My understanding is that you must manually input that number am I correct Ed?
2015-3-19
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.3
United States

Acidsnow Posted at 2015-3-20 05:46
I normally use Android, but I just took out my iPad mini 2 and I'm getting the same message  . . .

Well idk ... I guess at 0.0  your not worrying about a fly away.
2015-3-19
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dangair Posted at 2015-3-20 05:58
Have you folks set the rth minimum height? My understanding is that you must manually input that num ...

You are correct but it is my understanding that the default is 20m.
2015-3-19
Use props
Acidsnow
Second Officer
Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-20 07:02
You are correct but it is my understanding that the default is 20m.

Hey Ed any idea what's up with mine?  Even shows that way in simulator.... Once I take off for example I hover at 6m I set home and that number changes from 0 to 6....
2015-3-19
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.3
United States

I don't think this problem is just yours acid. I was curious as to see if this was the case for my bird as well and guess what.. return home at 0.0 meters. Also just so u are aware  curiously I hit my return to home button and if I would not have canceled rth it would have landed in that very exact spot. So basically we are stuck with the bird landing at the wrong location  regardless.
2015-3-19
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.3
United States

Acidsnow Posted at 2015-3-20 07:26
Hey Ed any idea what's up with mine?  Even shows that way in simulator.... Once I take off for exam ...

Ok acid I tryed it again but this time I  physically changed the  return hight from 30 m to 40 m and upon hitting rth   my bird increased to 40 m and flew correctly to its home point and would have e landed  correctly  if i had not taken over B4 landing
2015-3-19
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Acidsnow Posted at 2015-3-20 07:26
Hey Ed any idea what's up with mine?  Even shows that way in simulator.... Once I take off for exam ...

I think that you need to let the Inspire do its thing.  When the motors arm the home point and altitude are set.  You are overriding the system and setting a home point altitude above the take off point and may be altering the actual home point.  Just let the Inspire do its thing.  You will be much happier than trying to do it yourself.
2015-3-19
Use props
Rbimd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 407710 ft
United States

Ok guys, you realize the Kp has been greater than 5 and as high as 8 (!) since Monday when a large solar flare erupted. This is known to cause severe degradation in GPS accuracy temporarily and could definitely affect a quad's GPS navigation. Please check http://www.swpc.noaa.gov. IMO wouldn't recommend flying until disturance subsides and Kp is <4.
2015-3-20
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-20 10:46
I think that you need to let the Inspire do its thing.  When the motors arm the home point and alt ...

Ed, I am in New England and the tree line varies from 75 to 90 feet. The 60m default is not going to work for me. Any suggestion as to what I should do?
Thanks
2015-3-20
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.4

United States

rodger Posted at 2015-3-20 18:07
Ed, I am in New England and the tree line varies from 75 to 90 feet. The 60m default is not going  ...

Uhhh... 60 meters equals 196.85 feet. Why won't that work for you?
2015-3-20
Use props
alexmarnas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 606237 ft
Japan

because the default is actually 60fts not meters!
2015-3-20
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.4

United States

alexmarnas Posted at 2015-3-20 19:43

He said meters.
2015-3-20
Use props
rodger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

InspiredOne Posted at 2015-3-20 19:27
Uhhh... 60 meters equals 196.85 feet. Why won't that work for you?

Sorry, I totally blew that, I had 20 m on my mind for some reason which would bring it to around 60 feet. Thought of it after I shut down the computer.
2015-3-20
Use props
rodger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

alexmarnas Posted at 2015-3-20 19:43

You mean meters not feet. I messed up I had 20m on my mind. I do a lot of 10 meter shooting which is 33 feet and I quickly did it in my mind 2 times the 10 meter and came up with the 60 feet
2015-3-20
Use props
Acidsnow
Second Officer
Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-20 10:46
I think that you need to let the Inspire do its thing.  When the motors arm the home point and alt ...

Well that is probably my mistake right there, so you are saying not to set my home point, and that it will get set when I start the motors?  I was always attempting to set my home point BEFORE I started the motors, what is the best practice?
2015-3-20
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.4

United States

rodger Posted at 2015-3-20 20:46
You mean meters not feet. I messed up I had 20m on my mind. I do a lot of 10 meter shooting which  ...

Thanks, rodger, we've all been there. It's a dirty job being mortal, but someone's gotta do it.
2015-3-20
Use props
rodger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

InspiredOne Posted at 2015-3-20 21:06
Thanks, rodger, we've all been there. It's a dirty job being mortal, but someone's gotta do it.

Wait and see what happens with age Someone put it this way: As you get older the Brain is like a Filing Cabinet. The longer it is used the deeper it gets and you have to dig and search more for the basics that are at the bottom.
2015-3-20
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.4

United States

rodger Posted at 2015-3-20 21:26
Wait and see what happens with age  Someone put it this way: As you get older the Brain is like  ...

-- that's good one. I suspect you and I are about the same age. Fought long and hard to get here!
2015-3-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules