Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Early morning flight over the Persian Gulf
1256 7 2017-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dancopter
First Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

2017-7-7
Use props
PimpDawg
First Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Cool video. Are they building a bridge there where those cement posts are sticking up?
2017-7-7
Use props
dancopter
First Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-7-7 09:58
Cool video. Are they building a bridge there where those cement posts are sticking up?

Thanks. It's part of a massive man made island that was halted 10 years ago. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palm_Jebel_Ali
2017-7-7
Use props
PimpDawg
First Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Oh okay. I remember that now, but I did not realize it had not been completed....interesting. It looks like a really neat place even sitting unfinished.
2017-7-7
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 778209 ft
United Kingdom

Really cool video. I had a friend go to Dubai with his Mavic and he was not allowed to bring it in. He had it locked up by customs until he flew out of the country. What exactly are the laws concerning drones. I heard that if a Drone at any weight yield had to be operated, you must be a certified drone pilot and a local police officer must be present watching you and also pointing out where you can't fly and where you can.
2017-7-8
Use props
dancopter
First Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Gallacherboy Posted at 2017-7-8 14:43
Really cool video. I had a friend go to Dubai with his Mavic and he was not allowed to bring it in. He had it locked up by customs until he flew out of the country. What exactly are the laws concerning drones. I heard that if a Drone at any weight yield had to be operated, you must be a certified drone pilot and a local police officer must be present watching you and also pointing out where you can't fly and where you can.

Thanks.  Yes, this part of the world is not too drone friendly. Quite a few rules and not really sure if a visitor hobbyist can fly here.

I am resident here though, have been to drone school, have had the background security check and registered my drone so am good to fly (without a police officer).
2017-7-8
Use props
AeroNW
Captain
Flight distance : 232844 ft
United States

Interesting images, thank you for sharing them. The story of the development is also interesting, I'm sure there are many varying opinions about whether the project should be completed.
2022-7-31
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting views.  I wonder what it looks like today, 5 years on?
2022-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules