New Ronin M. Software works motors but don't engage
2195 5 2017-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chopinel 8
New

Philippines

Just bought a Ronin M. Balanced it and turned it on. Made the wirring nosie and shook alittle. Software comes up fine however the motors dont seem to work. I can see the Ronin in the software both on App and Mac Software. But when I hit Auto Tune or calibrate system nothing happens. Its shows the angle but nothing works. Its Activated  with SN there. There is no stiffness just nothing. Just in case the camera is a Canon 5D Markiii with 16/35 2.8 lens. Battery is seated well. I turned off and on a fews times. WHen it comes on the numbers in the Power and angle change when its wirring but then nothing after that. Any ideas??
2017-7-7
Use props
SteadyGreen
New

United States

I have the exact same issue. The battery is seated well (even though the app seems to think it's a non-intelligent battery). This is a new Ronin out of the box, but it makes a hideous screeching sound when it first powers on. The motors seem to temporarily have power and tense up for 2-3 seconds, then it falls flat. Any help would be appreciated.
2017-7-13
Use props
fansecde2e8f
lvl.1

United States

SteadyGreen,   
  It is very scary,  I have the SAME issue.  Brand new out of box.  Assembly went smooth, balancing was tricky but I have a Glidecam so I was use to it.   Battery is well seated.  Camera is attached Downloaded app,  turned on Ronin-M.  

Starts to beep,  begins to move, then the Tilt motor on the back side begins to shake very bad, and make a steady beeping sound,  then the motor kill program turns on and stops the motor.   
  Tried again without the camera, and it does the same.   Changed batteries, still the same.
  Everything the same, even down to the app thinking it's a no intelligent battery.   
  So I've packed it up and sending back to where I bought it..  not going to waste another minute trying to figure this one out..  

DEAD OUT OF BOX.....
2017-7-29
Use props
tecel8
lvl.1
Germany

Whenever the system says "no intelligent battery":
DJI already said make sure the bat is correctly engaged but to make this clear:
You really NEED to PUSH the battery HARD towards the contacts before tightening the screws.
The batteries have two connectors. The big two are for charging and the very tiny once are for the communication. Make sure the tiny connectors have contact. Clean the contacts and press the bat hardly towards the contacts. This always worked for us.
If the small contacts are not really engaged all the above can happen :-/

@ fansecde2e8f : This sounds to me like a balancing prob. And I am not sure if you can balance the Ronin propperly without camera anyway...

Regards
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Is it possible that the Ronin M is not balanced which is why the motors aren't turning on? Have you updated the firmware?
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

tecel8 Posted at 2017-9-1 02:42
Whenever the system says "no intelligent battery":
DJI already said make sure the bat is correctly engaged but to make this clear:
You really NEED to PUSH the battery HARD towards the contacts before tightening the screws.

The camera is part of the equation. What you are also saying about no intelligent battery is true. The contacts need to make a strong connection. Thank you for your help on this.
2017-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules