phantom 4 July 6 update disables my camera
620 1 2017-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6a3399ab
New
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

Updated my P4 regular last night when I got the 'firmware' required update.
Updated both the P4 and controller. In that order.
Tried flying today, camera stopped recording in mid flight, showed disconnected
but I could see that the camera was pointed at one of the legs, then the other,
I could still see, and I could control the aircraft. However it had shut down recording on
it's own.
I contacted support, tried every option the guy could tell me- until he finally gave up without
a by your leave.....
Have subsequently reinstalled firmware on bird and controller, IMU, relinked and everything I could find on here.
Got success reports on both.
It still does the same thing. Camera stops recording then will swing right or left, and I can still see, and the controller shows it's disconnected.
Also, in hovering, it might wander a couple of inches. Now it wanders a few FEET.
It was flying perfectly until the update yesterday.
The last time I had to deal with DJI support was after an update, the bird dropped from the sky (P3A)
and they ended up charging me for the repair. Their after sales service is horrible.
I don't want to pay for another one if this one goes down because of a firmware problem.
I can't roll back the update, it's not in the Assistant program.
Anyone know how I can get this fixed without having to go through DJI support?
These are great as long as they work, but once they have a firmware issue, they start hunting trees to land in.

2017-7-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We feel sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing, we're concerned much about your feedback.
Do you have a video saved for the situation you described?
Please help us export the flight log via Assistant 2, we'll help you analyzed the data by engineers, and contact you for an update.
Besides, please export the upgrading log  as well. Then upload both files to Dropbox and provide us the link, thank you very much!
2017-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules