Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
IMU Error. Calibrate IMU when P4 starts up
10179 31 2017-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ibuyufo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819098 ft
United States

I was wondering if this message is normal when the P4 starts up?  I upgraded to the newest firmware yesterday and have done calibration via the DJI assistant 2 for the VSP.  I calibrarted the IMU, Gimbal, and Compass after the upgrade.  I don't remember if it used to say this but now whenever I start up the P4, it says IMU Error and to calibrate the IMU.  I've tried to do multiple IMU calibrations and it's always the same message.  Can anyone chime in and let me know if this is normal?  Thanks!
2017-7-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Did it go away? I noted that message on the main screen, but also that the sensor page reported 'IMU warming up...'. When it then displayed the IMUs as both good, the message had gone away on the main page as good to go. I think the error message is a bug.
2017-7-7
Use props
Suhail78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 539531 ft
United States

i had this same issue after my first flight using the new firmware.  instead of displaying the normal "IMU Warming up" message, it gave me the "IMU Error: Calibrate IMU", and all 4 LEDs were solid red....  but also the sensor page showed "IMU Warming up..."   After  a few seconds i got the green "Good to Fly  (GPS)" message, and the flight went pretty smooth after that.....seems like a firmware bug...hope they fix this soon...

2017-7-8
Use props
Chief RM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136204 ft
United States

I had the same when I flew today. So tried to do the IMU calibration and the bar graph on IMU 1 went to about 95% and a green light came on. Then went to 2 and stayed there for at least a half hour. Never did calibrate and now I get the warning to calibrate the IMU. To hot to fly now so will try and fly in the morning and see what happens. May have to go to DJI Assistant 2 and revert back to previous firmware.
2017-7-8
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 523799 ft
Ireland

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-7 22:35
Did it go away? I noted that message on the main screen, but also that the sensor page reported 'IMU warming up...'. When it then displayed the IMUs as both good, the message had gone away on the main page as good to go. I think the error message is a bug.

Exact same behaviour, message clears up after IMU has finished its warm-up cycle.

I re-calibrated and same occurs, all readings are in the green when the IMU comes online.

I just guess the new firmware sends some signals the app hasn't been updated for the P4 in regards to the IMU warming-up sequence.
2017-7-8
Use props
ibuyufo
lvl.4
United States

Thanks all.  I hope it's just a software bug and I also hope DJI addresses this in "future" update(s).
2017-7-8
Use props
fester
lvl.3
Flight distance : 77408 ft
United States

ibuyufo Posted at 2017-7-8 15:58
Thanks all.  I hope it's just a software bug and I also hope DJI addresses this in "future" update(s).

Same here. I think its just a bug that flags a "recalibrate IMU" instead of "IMU warming up". The warning disappears shortly and gives a Ready To Fly, so probably just a bug.
2017-7-8
Use props
ibuyufo
lvl.4
United States

I can't fly my p4 today and couldn't fly it yesterday as well because it's super windy here.
2017-7-8
Use props
Chief RM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136204 ft
United States

Chief RM Posted at 2017-7-8 10:17
I had the same when I flew today. So tried to do the IMU calibration and the bar graph on IMU 1 went to about 95% and a green light came on. Then went to 2 and stayed there for at least a half hour. Never did calibrate and now I get the warning to calibrate the IMU. To hot to fly now so will try and fly in the morning and see what happens. May have to go to DJI Assistant 2 and revert back to previous firmware.

to calibrate the IMU with the new firmware pay attention to the positioning the P4 while doing the calibration. I didn't and didn't get a good calibration. After a tip on the P4 facebook page I followed the positioning during calibration and the P4 calibrated perfectly. Still get the calibrate the IMU prior to take off but the bird flies perfectly.
2017-7-9
Use props
Jgrimmy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90653 ft

United States

Glad to see I'm not the only one!
2017-7-14
Use props
P4 Roy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5435299 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I get the message too since updating firmware, it went away once warmed up.
2017-7-14
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

I am getting the same IMU error every time I turn on the P4. Waiting to warm up the error goes away.
2017-7-14
Use props
Oz Phantom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79462 ft
Australia

me too DJI P4 IMU warning everytime, unstable jerky  flight and the feed cuts out and gimbal shoots off to weird angles, all since update had none of these issues day prior to firmware update
2017-7-14
Use props
mrdarbab
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111086 ft
Canada

Oz Phantom Posted at 2017-7-14 20:16
me too DJI P4 IMU warning everytime, unstable jerky  flight and the feed cuts out and gimbal shoots off to weird angles, all since update had none of these issues day prior to firmware update

That makes me feel better, I  thought I had a bad IMU. Do you get advanced flight modes in the sim, I don't after the update.
2017-7-15
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

New firmware had me do all six sides of the P4 (old one) now.  Before it just sat there on level ground.  Flies pretty well now and better than my recently updated I2 too which is sort of wonky (Hovers crooked, but gimbal is level.).

2017-7-15
Use props
djikev333d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 598130 ft
United States

is everyone just flying with this error on startup? I have this same issue "ever since" the latest firmware update to v02.00.0106 mid july...from this I tried updating the firmware via a pc it must have messed up something, I got a "camera Sensor Error" black video output on ipad. anyway I had to send it to DJI and the gladly fixed that error, but sent it back with this same IMU error, they flight tested back in California too. I dont see how they could miss this error on startup other than not paying attention, because once the GPS picks up, the error goes away, but I have noticed that sometime I will see a message that the IMU redundant switch occured, and if I check sure enough the DJI Go app indicates it switched to IMU ACC #2.... Im waiting to hear back from DJI email support
2017-8-11
Use props
fansfb11ee43
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298875 ft
Australia

djikev333d Posted at 2017-8-11 15:46
is everyone just flying with this error on startup? I have this same issue "ever since" the latest firmware update to v02.00.0106 mid july...from this I tried updating the firmware via a pc it must have messed up something, I got a "camera Sensor Error" black video output on ipad. anyway I had to send it to DJI and the gladly fixed that error, but sent it back with this same IMU error, they flight tested back in California too. I dont see how they could miss this error on startup other than not paying attention, because once the GPS picks up, the error goes away, but I have noticed that sometime I will see a message that the IMU redundant switch occured, and if I check sure enough the DJI Go app indicates it switched to IMU ACC #2.... Im waiting to hear back from DJI email support

It started happening to me to after the firmware update, most likely it happening to everyone, fortunately it goes away, unlike the map section in the app going suddenly blank and then having to reinstall the GO4 app to get it working again.
2017-8-11
Use props
FredAstra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595577 ft
United Kingdom

Suhail78 Posted at 2017-7-8 07:06
i had this same issue after my first flight using the new firmware.  instead of displaying the normal "IMU Warming up" message, it gave me the "IMU Error: Calibrate IMU", and all 4 LEDs were solid red....  but also the sensor page showed "IMU Warming up..."   After  a few seconds i got the green "Good to Fly  (GPS)" message, and the flight went pretty smooth after that.....seems like a firmware bug...hope they fix this soon...

Ditto - Exactly the same with me
2017-8-12
Use props
FredAstra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595577 ft
United Kingdom

Chief RM Posted at 2017-7-8 10:17

I had this same problem.. which is because the NEW IMU calibration method which requires you to move the position of the phantom at each stage of the IMU calibration. check this   
2017-8-12
Use props
djikev333d
lvl.2
United States

I got a reply from DJI, its now a known issue, they have read this thread and are working on a fix in a firmware update, kinda ironic.
For now the recommend "warming up" longer,  read below.....from DJI

We are glad that the steps you have taken in calibrating the IMU has alleviated your concern for a bit. Our Team is working on the double in finding a fix for this particular concern that you are encountering with your drone.

For now, we would recommend you to warm up your aircraft first before using for  any intended purpose while we are seeking a fix of the issue.

Rest assured that we will notify you once we got an update for any firmware or hardware concerns that is a suitable fix for the issue.
2017-8-17
Use props
ninjapimp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198222 ft

same exact issue. i've not found a fix yet for this.
2017-8-17
Use props
rudyasho
lvl.3
Flight distance : 547320 ft
Indonesia

saya juga mengalami ini pada android   seri menengah dan terakhir selalu saya paksakan sehingga kini  tidak bisa digunakan
2017-8-17
Use props
djikev333d
lvl.2
United States

ninjapimp Posted at 2017-8-17 06:07
same exact issue. i've not found a fix yet for this.

read the response from DJI right above your post, there is no fix for this. Period.
2017-8-17
Use props
ibuyufo
lvl.4
United States

djikev333d Posted at 2017-8-17 09:54
read the response from DJI right above your post, there is no fix for this. Period.

Anything can be fixed if they put some damn time into it.
2017-8-17
Use props
rudyasho
lvl.3
Flight distance : 547320 ft
Indonesia

This is not normal. I experienced this kind of incident on android with a small RAM of only 2 gb, when I changed devices then this did not happen again
2017-8-18
Use props
Caron
New
Flight distance : 77589 ft
Italy

I have the same problem with the calibrate IMU message when i start phantom4, I'm still waiting for a solution because after warming up the error disappear and the PH4 flies without any problems.
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Did the message go away after a few minutes? If not, please inform us. Please note that if the message go away when your drone start up, it will not affect the flight performance. This problem will be fixed in the next version.
2017-10-31
Use props
Satstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 392024 ft
Germany

Exact same behaviour, message clears up after IMU has finished its warm-up cycle.
If you look at the page "Sensors" you can see that the sensors are switching to green, so you can start calmly.
2017-10-31
Use props
Tomas Kozacek
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1520220 ft
Czechia

I have the same message when my drone boot up, but as soon as warm up the message is gone and I never have any problem with the IMU.
2017-10-31
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

Same "IMU Calibration Needed" warning on starting up here as well yesterday even though I did it last week with a new iPad and GO 4.  It did go away after warming up, but then the gimbal went limp in flight.  One issue self-corrects, and another one breaks.

For a while I was thinking I might need to bring my leveling platform and carpenter's level for fixing this in the field if it didn't clear the warning, or cancel the flight and haul it all home 20 miles away to re-calibrate.

Wish DJI would fix their stuff.  This lousy firmware matter has been going on since July and it's getting pretty old.
2017-10-31
Use props
fans91026583
New
France

Depuis la dernière mis à jour, je ne peux faire voler mon drone p4 je peux pas calibrer lui affichage error -13 , quelqu'un a t il la solution je désespère je suis en Guyane !!
2017-12-3
Use props
Regis*Brazil
New

Brazil

Hello my friends, I have the same problem, but when I call the drone this message in yellow "IMU ERROR" after a few minutes the message turns green and the drone is ready for flight, here in Brazil the ambient climatic temperature changes frequently, , when the weather warms here I have the message "ESC ERROR LANDING" in flight,
please help me with this question
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules