Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My Town
873 16 2017-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans417abfbd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434593 ft
United Kingdom

Hi. I did a video recently with my P4P+. I've been very lucky in that a couple of my pals created some music especially for it
2017-7-7
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha fans417,

And a mighty fine job all around, if I might add.  Nice video.  I really enjoyed it.  So how close do they let you fly to that major nuclear power plant?

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-7
Use props
fans417abfbd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-7 23:22
Aloha fans417,

And a mighty fine job all around, if I might add.  Nice video.  I really enjoyed it.  So how close do they let you fly to that major nuclear power plant?

Thank you. There are some things I need to improve next time but I'm pretty pleased with it.
No nuclear in this neck of the woods, we are still on coal and plenty of wind turbines :-)
2017-7-7
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans417abfbd Posted at 2017-7-7 23:37
Thank you. There are some things I need to improve next time but I'm pretty pleased with it.
No nuclear in this neck of the woods, we are still on coal and plenty of wind turbines :-)

Aloha fans417,

You mean those 6 cooling towers were all for coal?

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-8
Use props
fans417abfbd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-8 00:12
Aloha fans417,

You mean those 6 cooling towers were all for coal?

Yes. It is or was the biggest coal fired power station in Europe. I did work there for around 7 years and it wasn't one of the highlights of my life lol
2017-7-8
Use props
imagine it
lvl.4
United States

Great job and the music fit it like a glove. Thanks for the share.
2017-7-8
Use props
fans417abfbd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

imagine it Posted at 2017-7-8 03:29
Great job and the music fit it like a glove. Thanks for the share.

Thank you. The lads made a superb job of the music.
2017-7-8
Use props
Jonimo
Captain
Flight distance : 4515404 ft
United States

Nicely Done!
2017-7-8
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very peaceful
2017-7-8
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans417abfbd Posted at 2017-7-8 01:55
Yes. It is or was the biggest coal fired power station in Europe. I did work there for around 7 years and it wasn't one of the highlights of my life lol

Aloha fans417,

Wow, so they use the same cooling tower designs as nuclear, interesting.  Are there flight restrictions around the facility?  How tall are the towers?  I think the nuclear towers are wider than a football field is long and twice as high.
     Oh yeah, the music was perfect.  I wish my lazy-okole friends would do that for me!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-8
Use props
fans417abfbd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-8 11:12
Aloha fans417,

Wow, so they use the same cooling tower designs as nuclear, interesting.  Are there flight restrictions around the facility?  How tall are the towers?  I think the nuclear towers are wider than a football field is long and twice as high.

I can't remember the details but they are huge. It did at one point or maybe still does generate 7% of the country's needs. There's a link here http://www.power-technology.com/projects/drax/
There wasn't a flying restriction there last year as I managed to take some photos but it was a bit nerve wracking because of the magnetic fields. I decided it was too risky and bailed out.
2017-7-8
Use props
Augustus Brian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

fans417abfbd Posted at 2017-7-8 12:09
I can't remember the details but they are huge. It did at one point or maybe still does generate 7% of the country's needs. There's a link here http://www.power-technology.com/projects/drax/
There wasn't a flying restriction there last year as I managed to take some photos but it was a bit nerve wracking because of the magnetic fields. I decided it was too risky and bailed out.

fans417abfbd:

Love the laid back bluesish sound track. You have some very acoustic friends.

Great photography, good subject matter, in particular the red boat making the turn into the canal. Good capture from the side, then from above.

Also loved the black and white fade into color and back to B&W at the end.

But (and you knew there was one coming), I have an editing question:

Why the dissolves between the same scene? It seems a mere half second slip forward each time, so nothing is lost, or skipped over, but the feeling of a new scene coming disappoints and disconcerts with a nearly identical same scene. When you circle around the building, you skip ahead a few times, rather than hold the continuous shot. Same with the red barge. I thought it might be synched with the music, but that is not the case. Help me understand your creativity, in this respect.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-7-8
Use props
fans417abfbd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Augustus Brian Posted at 2017-7-8 14:33
fans417abfbd:

Love the laid back bluesish sound track. You have some very acoustic friends.

Hi Augustus.
You have a point but I also had a dilemma. Actually there was far more cut out and it shortened the footage by much more then it may seem.  But I will try explain my reasons. It was firstly a local interest video. This meant obviously it was meant for folks in my town to watch and I knew if I cut out too much people would ask "why did you cut that bit out, I wanted to see that bit?" Of course I was also not wanting to make the film too long whereby people who didn't come from my town would then become bored with it. Also there were one or two glitches that I needed to cut out but didn't want to loose the whole clip. And of course I am a novice and I am also learning and trying to improve my flying skills and make the whole thing smoother, there is no hiding from that fact. But I live and learn hopefully improving bit by bit as I go.
2017-7-8
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans417abfbd Posted at 2017-7-8 12:09

Aloha fans417,

Even I heard of Drax.  The electricity just went out.  I wonder if even the mention of the name has implications?  Power back on!  It sure would be nice if the US had that coal technology to clean up our coal industry.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-8
Use props
fans417abfbd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-8 16:12
Aloha fans417,

Even I heard of Drax.  The electricity just went out.  I wonder if even the mention of the name has implications?  Power back on!  It sure would be nice if the US had that coal technology to clean up our coal industry.

That was a bit of a coincidence with the lights going off.
Not sure about cleaning up the coal industry with Donald seated in the big house? Mind you let's not do politics, it's usually a recipe for disaster on forums :-)
2017-7-9
Use props
SRO
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2405174 ft
Switzerland

A great video about your hometown. Thank you for sharing.
2017-7-9
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans417abfbd Posted at 2017-7-9 05:58
That was a bit of a coincidence with the lights going off.
Not sure about cleaning up the coal industry with Donald seated in the big house? Mind you let's not do politics, it's usually a recipe for disaster on forums :-)

Aloha fans417,

Wow, is that the epitome of understatement!  Yes, I fully recognize that it was a coincidence - but such a nuisance!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules