problem calibration compass
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Germanc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 197618 ft

Argentina

Hello, I recently bought a phantom 4 advanced, I started to configure it without problems, but I can not calibrate the compass. I just turned it on and asked for a firmware upgrade, I did. But constantly tells me that it detects strong interference.
In the calibration, when I move the drone horizontally there is no problem, when I do it vertically the calibration is not completed, try it many times. In the sensor window, it tells me that compass 1 is ok but compass 2 is in red and with a legend that detects interference, even if it does in the open. Sorry for my English, which is not very good. I hope you can help me 02.JPG
01.JPG
01.JPG
2017-7-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you are trying it indoors,  go outdoors to an area well clear of electrical cables, steel objects and reinforced concrete.
2017-7-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Why are you trying to calibrate the compass anyway?
Go back and see what the manual says about when you need to calibrate the compass.
2017-7-8
Use props
Germanc
lvl.1

Argentina

Labroides Posted at 2017-7-8 07:11
If you are trying it indoors,  go outdoors to an area well clear of electrical cables, steel objects and reinforced concrete.

I've never flown it, it's my first attempt because the system asks me to calibrate the compass, I've tried it inside my house, although I also try it out, but there are cables and a telephone antenna at 200 meters.
It would be a good idea to try it in an open space without any of that right?

I see something curious, when I do the vertical movement, the gimbal makes a movement, I attach a video, only in vertical it does, and always in the same place. It's strange, is there any problem with it?

2017-7-8
Use props
Germanc
lvl.1

Argentina

I have tried to calibrate the compass in a nearby park, without success. the same. There is always a sign that reads: "intensive electromagnetic interference nearby, ensure no magnets or metal objects are near the compass and keep the aircraft 1 meter above ground for recalibration"
In closed and open spaces, always the same.
Is it a hardware failure? I just turned it on I had to update the firmware, I read of people who when updating had many problems.
I tried to do a firmware downgrade, but I do not get it, since the application for PC, I choose the reset option, it tells me it does but it does not back up the firmware 02.jpg
01.jpg

2017-7-8
Use props
djiuser_EJmae63X6xod
lvl.1

Peru

Germanc Posted at 2017-7-8 14:56
I have tried to calibrate the compass in a nearby park, without success. the same. There is always a sign that reads: "intensive electromagnetic interference nearby, ensure no magnets or metal objects are near the compass and keep the aircraft 1 meter above ground for recalibration"
In closed and open spaces, always the same.
Is it a hardware failure? I just turned it on I had to update the firmware, I read of people who when updating had many problems.

Lograstes calibrar? me sucede lo mismo
2019-2-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_EJmae63X6xod Posted at 2-26 04:02
Lograstes calibrar? me sucede lo mismo

Hi, we would like to know if you manage to solve this kind of situation when you encountered this problem? Please let us know if for further assistance. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-26
Use props
djiuser_EJmae63X6xod
lvl.1

Peru

Blair.Tang (DJI Support)

2月27日 CST11:18

Dear José Antonio Rojas López,

Thank you for your reply.

After discussing it with our senior engineers, sorry to tell that you need to send the drone back for diagnosis and repair regarding this compass issue.

We recommend you to contact and send the unit to your dealer, let the dealer help to ship the drone back to our repair center for check and repair.

Otherwise, please offer me below info to record a case. I will guide you to send it to our Hong Kong office for repair.

1. Complete shipping address
2. Phone number
3. Proof of purchase
2019-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules