DJI P2V+ control lost at 100m
2009 9 2014-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markoos
New

Croatia

Hy, i had a phantom vision + for a month now and in last few flights looses control conection al 100m and starts to go home. Video link works but controls not, batteryes in controler ar new every time. I never chrased it or hard land it! Any sugestions how to fix that caus i see that everyone is flying their phantom much higher!
TNX
2014-10-14
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

Check that you have the TX set on FCC and not CE...
2014-10-14
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

Same results in different locations?  
What type of area are you flying in (populated, rural,  trees, open area,...?)
Where is your phantom in relation to you/the Controller?
What antenna position are you using?
2014-10-14
Use props
markoos
New

Croatia

Yes, i was flying in open area like no trees an buildings around and in the  cyty, same result, about 100 m brakes conection with controler.
I always turn contrloter to phantom and i try with straith antena an bended antena for 90 degree to the rigt!
about FCC and FC, i see on internet that FC is for europe caus i am from europe i set it on FC, so should i change it to FFC?
2014-10-14
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

For best results use your antenna with about 90 degrees to the ground ( pointing up) not turned to the side/parallel to the ground. In any case never have the tip of the antenna pointing towards the phantom since the tip has the lowest RF emission.
Yes CE is Europe and FCC is NA, with legalities aside FCC has a higher emission power thus you'd get more distance using it.
2014-10-14
Use props
markoos
New

Croatia

Ok i try with antena position, i am not going to set ffc jet, ill se how it works , run some test then will see, ill let you know!
TNX
2014-10-14
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

Are you near an airport? Is it 100 meters altitude you're talking about?  If it's 100 meter every time and you're within an airport zone, then this could well be your problem.
2014-10-14
Use props
markoos
New

Croatia

No i am not near airport, yes 100m altitude and distance!!
2014-10-14
Use props
psul11
New

Australia

markoos Posted at 2014-10-15 15:49
No i am not near airport, yes 100m altitude and distance!!

Hi markoos I have had a p2v+ for a month or so and can not get a range greater than 120m am interested to hear if you have had any joy with finding a solution.
2014-11-9
Use props
csiami
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23711 ft
United States

swomilan Posted at 2014-10-15 00:38
For best results use your antenna with about 90 degrees to the ground ( pointing up) not turned to t ...

Good to know, I've kept my antenna parallel to the ground thinking that was best.  I'll try your idea.
2014-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules