Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Taking Mavic Pro from US to Europe
2189 5 2017-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd3bbb8bc
New
United States

I was wondering about the sattelite signal in Europe. I plan on taking my Mavic Pro from US to Europe. Any experiences ? Any issues ? Any advice ? Thanks.
2017-7-8
Use props
fansf913ff77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2442677 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Do You think that in Europe nobody fly with drones? With sattelite signal everything is ok.
2017-7-8
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112169 ft
Netherlands

There are many people who own and fly a Mavic (and other drones) in Europe. It all works fine. We have satellites above this part of the globe too. Just like navigation in the car or on a phone, it works just as well on a drone. So no worries.

As for advice: check on how you can and may transport a drone safe in an airplane (like special battery bags). And check local law. Drone laws is or may be very different here compared to the US. In fact, it even varies per country. In most countries you may fly up to 120 meters (about 300 foot), must stay in line of sight, and you may not fly over buildings, cities, crowds of people, and not near airports. But again, it's different per country.
2017-7-8
Use props
SRO
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2405174 ft
Switzerland

It works in both sides. The Global Positioning System (GPS) operates perfect in Europe.
2017-7-8
Use props
grenny
New
Flight distance : 143825 ft
Germany

Are you going to Austria? They are having a very strict law and the fines are really high. I'm going to Paragliding to Austria the next days and will have to leave my mavic at home.
If your traveling to different countries in Europe you should get confident with local flight regulation.
They also making differences between recreational and professional pilots.
But as sayed bevor. Watch airspace and dont fly higher than 100-120m.
2017-7-9
Use props
dancopter
First Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Range will be about have than that in the US, due to the FCC/CE differences.
2017-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules