Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI made a mistake...or did they?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TMM777
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3763 ft
United States

June 22nd sent in Phantom 4 pro for repair on the camera. The mechanical shutter didn't work and the horizon couldn't be corrected. The aircraft flew great. flying was really amazng. Nothing wrong with the my aircraft at all. The issue was only in the camera and associated parts.

Several days after them having the aircraft they evaluated it and said there was damage to more than 8 parts including parts of the case, a motor, antenna and landing gear damage. The gave me an estimate of $178 and said that it was not covered by warranty. Clearly they were not looking at the right aircraft. 11 calls later and hours of time on the phone and they persisted in saying there was damage. Finally after I pleaded with them to look at the serial numbers, find the correct (mine) aircraft and re-evaluate the situation they came to a different conclusion. After pleading and jumping up and down they agreed to re-evaluate my situation. Their findings finally agreed with mine. They said the evaluation technician was writing about a different aircraft than mine. They finally fixed (so they say) the camera issue and declared no charge because it was covered under warranty. THIS WAS THE SAME THING I HAD BEEN SAYING THROUGH HOURS OF SPEAKING TO THEM. Maddening, just maddening.

I was called a liar and they also told to look at it from their end. The moral of the story is that they don't listen to logic or reason and it took a lot of words on my part to make this right. I maintain that they do this as a way to make more money. They tell you there is damage that isn't covered so they can charge for what would normally be a warranty repair. Then they fight you about about it until you just give up. NOT ME. I was a very squeaky wheel that wouldn't go away. If all of you fight like I did, for a just resolution, they will have too many calls to handle and maybe they'll get the picture. I'm not holding my breath.

BUYER BEWARE, DJI is using very bad tactics to get your money. DJI makes great flying machines but their service and support is absolutely not customer centric. DJI service and support is DJI centric.

I still don't have this back even though the repair only took one day. If the delivery is made on Tuesday they will have taken three weeks to turn this repair around when they admittedly just needed one day for the repair.

DJI NEEDS TO COMPLETELY OVERHAUL THEIR WAY OF DEALING WITH PAYING CUSTOMERS.

2017-7-8
Use props
Lectro88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 286411 ft

United States

You know I keep reading and seeing how bluntly DJI seems to not have ANY regard for customers other than a ATM (Money Machine)
They have or seem to have a great product until they (Indian Give) Take away what the customer has fairly and in most case severely paid for.
A few on here seem to try and help, but what about the multitudes that aren't on here just left by the wayside.
Now Do I Get A Banned Flag too.?
2017-7-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It's a crazy situation, people might need to photograph every part. Of AC before sending in for repair, obviously this needs to be addressed, so many similar cases. Management are clearly culpable. Mistakes like yours should arrive back with a minimum extra battery.
Hope it's sorted soon.
2017-7-8
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>
Germany

What a nightmare!
Hopefully you get your drone back - lots of people are getting a refurbished one instead.

Having read so many threads about bad experience I photographed my P4P thoroughly before sending it in for repair.
Just to be safe in case they come up with false accusations.

I sent mine in due to tilted horizon. When I got it back after 4 weeks nothing has changed.
I'm sure they didn't do any work on it. They probably only moved it from receiving to shipping.
It came back in a different carton though - I give them that! They must have touched it for a moment.

Just after I sent the drone out, a firmware update for the P4P was announced. Alleged repair service took place two weeks after.
You would think they apply an update first and go from there. No way...

BTW:
I don't think that there is any tactic behind it. To make more money or whatever.
Tactic would require being somewhat on top of things.
DJI repair/customer service is helplessly bad. They are entirely overwhelmed.
What we can read about it worldwide leaves only one conclusion:
The majority of people working in customer related departments have no clue of the product.

@Lectro:
If DJI service would be as reliable as an ATM, there would be no complaints!

2017-7-8
Use props
isaacchu
lvl.4
Hong Kong

You could not expect too much as a result of monopoly! Indeed, they don't need to improve the service to survive. Their only market strategy is to put more and more gimmicks onto drones and make a good advertisement.
2017-7-8
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha TMM777,

Then on the other hand, you could look at it from their point of contact and see the issues they have to deal with.  I have had three issues of that nature where I had to interact with DJI support.  In each case, I was quite successful and they were very cooperative.  Here are some suggestions.

1.  First contact should be with a human, not email.  Use Chat or phone to explain your problem and get an issue report number.  Be sure you understand the process you will have to go through.  After first contact, you can then use email because you have your issue report number.

2.  Know your issue backwards and forwards.  Test all possible approaches to the problem.  Use this Forum to get feedback on your problem.  Cite discussion threads if possible - especially specific posts (they are numbered).

3.  Provide your serial numbers in each communication.

4.  When you ship your DJI product, provide copies of all communications.  Make sure you have all communications recorded digitally so they can be accessed by DJI repair and management.

5.  Treat DJI support workers like your best friend.  They are trying to help you but just like your best friend, sometimes best friends have bad days.  Respect goes a long way in getting issues resolved.  Hopefully, you do not think you are better than your best friend because no one likes to be treated like a second class citizen or just a worker.  Do not expect customer support to read your mind!

This information is provided elsewhere but it is here now for your review.  It is not easy to report a consumer problem and tech support is not an easy job at all.  A good amount of forethought needs to be used to get a successful result.  

So many DJI consumers do not think enough about their problem until they have vented already on the poor tech support employee.  Then they come to this Forum to complain about what a bitch it has been.  Not a good thing, big mistake.  Customer service is not a punching bag.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-8
Use props
Lectro88
lvl.3

United States

When enough if enough people get tired of this garbage and hopefully new products are growing dust  on shelves to the point folks wouldn't take them if they were give to them.
Maybe DJI then can concentrate more on customer service.
Sweet Revenge.  Hey turn about is fair play.
BUT SILENCE from DJI   Im not talking about Mods. I mean DJI vps.  too busy counting the fist fulls of money the customers are throwing at their feet and withdrawing functioning products
2017-7-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

If I were in your position, I would feel just as you do, apologize for your unpleasant experience. Could you please provide me your case number so I can look into it?  Sincerely sorry again for the trouble you have been caused.
2017-7-8
Use props
TMM777
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-8 19:41
If I were in your position, I would feel just as you do, apologize for your unpleasant experience. Could you please provide me your case number so I can look into it?  Sincerely sorry again for the trouble you have been caused.

Thank you for your attention. I really appreciate the opportunity to help make it better for the next person. If you have any impact on the support/service people to the better, kudos to you.
BTW I have been a member of Canon professional services for a long time. They do service right and they do it fast and quite respectfully.
2017-7-8
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Lectro88 Posted at 2017-7-8 18:07
When enough if enough people get tired of this garbage and hopefully new products are growing dust  on shelves to the point folks wouldn't take them if they were give to them.
Maybe DJI then can concentrate more on customer service.
Sweet Revenge.  Hey turn about is fair play.

Aloha Lectro and other NaySayers,

Your misunderstanding of the current situation has a cultural basis.  This is not a US corporate operation.  In fact it has nothing to do with the US.  As far as you are concerned, you seem to be dealing with an alien culture, like science fiction.  Once you try to understand the culture you are dealing with, things will start to make sense.

The world no longer marches to the beat of a US drummer because our government no longer seeks to nurture our research and development.  Our research and development was what made America Great.  That is why a Chinese Company now has 70 percent, or more, of the world drone market.  Get used to it.  

Go ahead and insult the manufacturer of your new high tech product, then see how far you get when things have normal problems and you need a normal solution.  You insult me and I have no interest in helping you.  I think that is a World-Wide sentiment.

When US citizens get all arrogant and insulting in an international setting, people from other countries call them "The Ugly Americans".  I think in the age of Trump, the term is now "Losers".  Hey, we got enough problems these days.  We do not need people from other countries calling us Losers.  How about cutting yourself, and others, some slack and start being cooperative and understanding.  

By your less than insightful standards, DJI could loose 20 percent of the drone market and still have 50 PERCENT of the WORLD market.  What you are saying only makes you look bad and because you are from the U.S., it makes US look bad.  It has virtually no effect on DJI.  Fortunately, DJI is very forgiving in this international marketplace.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Recently, I've had to wonder: If any other drone manufacturers played "switch" when customers have trustingly sent a product in for service?

Or is this a unique DJI business practice...

Who's idea was it, who thought this was an acceptable way to do business?
Certainly, it would be more acceptable, if it was discussed prior to the surprise...

RedHotPoker

2017-7-8
Use props
Lectro88
lvl.3

United States

I am not going to engage another member on here, But I will reply and ATTEMPT to be clear about what I'm saying.
I'm very aware DJI is from across the pond. And that has nothing to do with what I"m saying.
Arrogance is not my intention... If you pay for something it should work dependably.
If it breaks, or you break it (the consumer) and can't fix it or don't want to fix it and choose to send it in to the folks that built it.
THE EXPERTS. this is what they do everyday all day. shouldn't be a better solution to fix the problem.
When you send it in and it takes months to get it back. IF you get it back and its the same problem when you get it back and you understand how your product should work and you are attempting to use it correctly and its not doing as it should. AND you were given an invoice and paid invoice and parts you sent in are not returned that belonged to you that you paid for. To me and every other ARROGANT LOSER on here and ANYBODY ELSE....  This should be a problem. And a problem ANY Respectable manufacturer SHOULD want to correct.
Its not about Culture.     ITS BUSINESS.  
And changing rules midstream. So you pay $1800. for a paperweight that is said to fly when you want it too.
Then after you buy it... ITS Said, well now we changed our mind, you have to do this and that to make it fly. And sometimes when you really need or want it to its not going to. But Just understand it because you now all of a sudden no longer know how to use it correctly.   But I knew perfectly yesterday how to use it.  NO !!!
Don't ground what I paid for last month.
Ground all NEW aircraft.
I knew what this should do and how to use it. Paid for it and now I all of a sudden don't know.......  NO !!!!
Really who in their right minds thinks this is ok.
Its not an insult. Its the truth. The way things should be.
It shouldn't be DJI policing the World.
But They Should....
Listen, Help, And FIX what is WRONG.
Thats not asking for more than anyone should expect.
2017-7-9
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Lectro88 Posted at 2017-7-9 06:27
I am not going to engage another member on here, But I will reply and ATTEMPT to be clear about what I'm saying.
I'm very aware DJI is from across the pond. And that has nothing to do with what I"m saying.
Arrogance is not my intention... If you pay for something it should work dependably.

Aloha Lectro,

So, what is your problem?  You already have a binding arbitration agreement with DJI.  So initiate it.  Boom, you have their attention and somebody besides DJI will force a resolution to your problem.  If this independent party finds you or DJI have violated some part of the agreement or the agreement is somehow unfair, and against the consumer, that agency can force a change.

Belly-aching here on the Forum is not the place for the problem you are claiming in its current state.  What should or can we do.  DJI products all work just fine for us.  Why should we give up our products and our use of those products just to show solidarity with you when you have not reported back to us that you have attempted binding arbitration.

Binding arbitration is where you belong, not here on the Forum.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-10
Use props
TMM777
lvl.1
United States

DIANA a Moderator from DJI jumped in on my comments. She determined that it was nothing. I thought that she would make a difference in this situation, but I was wrong. She determined that since my aircraft was already shipped that it doesn't make any difference now. It appears to me that she decided that since the aircraft was sent to me I'd be happy. So Diana, out of sight out of mind, right? Since you've decided to brush this off to the side I will redouble my efforts to let folks know about your treatment of paying customers. Amazing. It is clear to me that Diana and others like her are window dressing only. Nothing changes for DJI.
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

TMM777 Posted at 2017-7-8 22:07
Thank you for your attention. I really appreciate the opportunity to help make it better for the next person. If you have any impact on the support/service people to the better, kudos to you.
BTW I have been a member of Canon professional services for a long time. They do service right and they do it fast and quite respectfully.

Thank you for your bringing this to our attention, we listen to all the feedback on social media, I've already forwarded your case to management, may have someone contact your for more details, we'll learn from the experience and keep improving to provide you all more professional service. Sincerely sorry again for your unpleasant experience.
2017-7-13
Use props
fans64143ce6
lvl.1
United States

I was in the same boat. DJI never fixed my problem, refurbished drone didnt have an antanna on the drone, dji said I would have to return it but never sent me a return label after 5 tries, i gave up and fixed it myself.  Haven't had a problem with it yet, but i voided my warranty.
2017-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules