Aircraft totally unstable and aggressive after recent firmware up...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
usarfireman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79957 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-21 04:17
We have done that for you, may I know you got the beta or not?
Please make sure you have great internet connection, restart the aircraft and Assistant 2 then check again.

No beta firmware since I got home this afternoon did a factory reset updated again but nothing, am I surprised NO!
2017-7-21
Use props
fans9660f229
lvl.2
Croatia

Hi Natalia I still haven't received my beta update. Please send me as soon as possible.
auvida@online.no
2017-7-21
Use props
Mediaworx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44521 ft
Russia

fans0e00ebfc Posted at 2017-7-21 09:25
"IF AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT"! The last firmware we had was just perfect: perfect flight, perfect video shooting, etc. This new FIRMWARE is just a piece of CRAP. I'm not playing around with my 1200 € bird to see it wobble around or fall onto a tree, really. There's no way I'm flying it with that Firmware and neither I see myself downloading a "SUPPOSINGLY GOOD" BETA firmware to make my aircraft a DJI Guinea pig. LET US DOWNGRADE!!!!! Then fix the thing. Do your own BETA testing and leave the poor users alone. 2 weeks from now and I'll consider other more "professional" approaches (products). I said. ( FEEL BETTER NOW )

Bravo! I agree with your every word! DJI should provide the ability to return an old firmware!
2017-7-21
Use props
Crazyant
lvl.3
Flight distance : 852392 ft
Cyprus

I dont have the beta yet. antanast@anadixis.com
2017-7-21
Use props
Cian McLiam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 366496 ft
Ireland

No Beta firmware here either.
2017-7-21
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-21 04:36
Hi All,
I have forwarded all the accounts you posted here to engineers, will push the firmware to your account.
Please make sure you have the great internet connection, and dji account is logged in, then you will see the beta in the list via Assistant 2.

It's been more than 24 hours now and still no beta firmware listed in Assistant 2. The internet connection ain't an issue,  the question is, they really push it?
2017-7-21
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting observation about my P4 after the firmware update.  There is a similarity in the way the bird "bucks" once in a while, and the way it constantly"bucks" when in Draw mode.  Sounds are similar and the action is similar, as if one or more of the motors are unable to stay synchronized all the time, like they are momentarily losing power.
2017-7-21
Use props
AlexDw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 609514 ft

Russia

Hello Natalia , I updated my Phantom 4 firmware v02.00.0106 after that, he began twitching in flight and by reducing the height, I can work on it , I'm losing their customers. Put the previous firmware so you can go back to last firmware version, my P4 was flying very well.
2017-7-21
Use props
AlexDw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 609514 ft

Russia

Здравствуйте Наталья, я обновил свой Phantom 4 на прошивку v02.00.0106 после этого он стал дергаться в полете и при снижении с высоты, я не могу на нем работать, я теряю своих клиентов. Выложите предыдущую прошивку, чтобы можно было вернуться назад. На предыдущей версии прошивки мой Phantom 4 летал очень хорошо.
2017-7-21
Use props
TOMZILLA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1385 ft
United States

My gimbal is/was bouncing all over the place. I took off my push on style Polar Pro filter and the gimbal dance went away, but the Phantom still flies like crap. I never had any issues with the gimbal and filters until after this firmware. I'm wondering if they adjusted gimbal power/tuning as part of there messed up firmware package. How could DJI release such firmware with out being fully tested?

2017-7-21
Use props
Alxy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84350 ft
Switzerland

wangrincreation Posted at 2017-7-21 11:03
It's been more than 24 hours now and still no beta firmware listed in Assistant 2. The internet connection ain't an issue,  the question is, they really push it?

Since you cannot downgrade the firmware may be you will not be able to upgrade either? {:4_177:}
2017-7-21
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5256 ft
Mexico

More of the same, hurry up a wait. I gotta wonder if anyone on this forum really works for dji. None of them have a clue whats going on.
2017-7-21
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Canada

Alxy Posted at 2017-7-21 12:38
Since you cannot downgrade the firmware may be you will not be able to upgrade either? {:4_177:}

Only refresh option
2017-7-21
Use props
fanse5c0301e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20010 ft
Canada

@natalia I'm interested to also get the beta firmware.
my account is
joel@mj-media.ca
Thanks
2017-7-21
Use props
Qba73
lvl.2
Flight distance : 496847 ft
  • >>>
United States

Natalia can you please add me to beta list, having same erratic issues with jerky flight (over sensitive)

Qba73@ymail.com
2017-7-21
Use props
usarfireman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79957 ft
United Kingdom

Well another day and still no firmware update or response from DJI support, "were here to help"
2017-7-22
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

I'm guessing we won't here anything until Monday now. DJI doesn't seem to do weekends.
2017-7-22
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

The best way I've found to show the stability issues is flying forwards while descending. I let you a video footage, I'm flying in P mode with the gimbal in front position, it was scary looking at the P4 and see the way it was flying:
2017-7-22
Use props
Kolbasatka
lvl.1
Flight distance : 567067 ft
  • >>>
Russia

As long as the DJI team is fooling people with fix bugs in the firmware, in the network has a way to downgrade to the previous/any firmware))
2017-7-22
Use props
rclzzz
lvl.2
Canada

Originally while updating via dji go my update hung at 99% and was completely screwed up, no video trans and all sensors were pooping themselves.  reflashed via dji assistant but didn't help because the controller wasn't updating and the controller and drone wouldn't connect properly. finally was able to update the controller via the unusable dji go app after 2 hours. everything seemed to be ok after updating the controller. Traveled to a high budget shoot the next day (5k production budget) drone was more unstable than me trying to fly a helicopter drunk and blindfolded for the first time. The vision sensors would crash then  after turning them off and back on would work then crash again a minute later. So features such as activetrack would not function. Every second of footage I filmed using the p4 today is absolutely disgusting and unusable. I've always been able to rely on DJI in the past but you guys really screwed me this time. I won't be surprised if I never hear from this client again which is really embarrassing when it is out of my control. DJI we've been through this before, your hardware is garbage if your software doesn't work. Fix it.
2017-7-22
Use props
Cian McLiam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 366496 ft
Ireland

Within two weeks we've gone from a massive thread with people begging to get off the beta to a massive thread of people trying to get on the beta. Nice work!
2017-7-22
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Canada

Cian McLiam Posted at 2017-7-22 01:36
Within two weeks we've gone from a massive thread with people begging to get off the beta to a massive thread of people trying to get on the beta. Nice work!

And I am pretty sure, next time nobody will rush to apply new upgrade from DJI. Lesson learned! And Yes NICE WORK DJI!
2017-7-22
Use props
dazza.uk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 743110 ft
United Kingdom

After reading this entire thread from start to finish, what strikes me the most is:

DJI not admitting there is a problem here which to me is quite obvious

DJI not making an official statement, either to say there is a problem, or at least they are looking into a problem.

DJI not hurrying to resolve or identify any issues

Whilst DJI Natalia is trying to be helpful - 99% her posts seem very scripted and samey and again no official word

The problem seems to be worldwide, and you can see the same problems and concerns are inherent on other forums such as phantom pilots

Im afraid as usual DJI after support are terrible, to be honest i think the previous firmware should have been left as it was.... I usually update because as with everything technology wise your always told its wise to run the latest software / firmware, but this time i have not upgraded and will not be until there is a 100% known problem and fix...

Again im really shocked at DJI's lack of haste to look into and fix this quite obvious problem...

Daz
2017-7-22
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

It is not necessary to blame DJI for user error.

If you've updated your Phantom and now experience issues Please update your Phantom to resolve any issues.
This may or may not involve waiting for the next FW release.

If you have not updated your Phantom, please continue to fly with no issues.
2017-7-22
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

Just another DJI groupie blaming users about a very evident P4 faulty firmware update.
2017-7-22
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Canada

Yes another DJI groupie...and it's necessary to blame DJI. Almost 2 weeks our P4 are grounded.
2017-7-22
Use props
fanscc0be988
New
United States

mine does the same thing only flies 10 ft away and will go no further
2017-7-22
Use props
fanscc0be988
New
United States

Moto1981 Posted at 2017-7-8 14:01
Bad  ,  my phantomn 4 flayig like yours

so is m8ine
2017-7-22
Use props
Crazyant
lvl.3
Flight distance : 852392 ft
Cyprus

I mention it again guys. Try to do an IMU calibration when the drone is cold. Put it under AC or something.
2017-7-22
Use props
user7ad040d4d0
lvl.2

Philippines

I already tried the cold IMU and still have the same problem.
2017-7-22
Use props
user7ad040d4d0
lvl.2

Philippines

Flew my p4 this morning and it wobbles while descending and moving forward as previously shown on the video on this page.
2017-7-22
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.2
United States

Whoa, Cessna, that was pretty dang funny. Just like the dji script.
2017-7-22
Use props
Pakawan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7264 ft
Thailand

Slipstrm111 Posted at 2017-7-22 07:04
Whoa, Cessna, that was pretty dang funny. Just like the dji script.

HaHa

I don't understand why he think many people not try do this?
2017-7-22
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 546604 ft
Brazil

Cian McLiam Posted at 2017-7-22 01:36

kkkk....correct....
2017-7-22
Use props
Big Hoss
lvl.1
United States

What is most puzzling to me is why DJI simply doesn't come right out and say we know we have an issue and we apologize for the inconvenience, we are going to make the previous FW available while we sort this out.  It would be so easy and faith would be restored/maintained.  None of this makes sense to me.  The reason the don't have to is this, is there any viable alternative to DJI out there?

For 2 weeks they know that they have an issue with FW, yet when you turn on GO 4, it tells you to update your FW.  What is wrong with this picture!??
2017-7-22
Use props
xpatarrao
lvl.1
Spain

please..let us downgrande the before firmware
2017-7-22
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Instability, wobble, shaking of Phantom 4 after latest firmware update 106. It was flying normal before the update, just sometimes horizon tilt and sometimes video issues.   
Every trouble- shooting that are being talked about and that can be done that I know of has been done several times, but the Drone stays unstable. I use the Drone for farming purposes and inspections, but it is impossible after the latest update. Really hope that solutions could be found. Still wait for the beta firmware.
2017-7-22
Use props
milnefish
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35049 ft

United Kingdom

F.KOK Posted at 2017-7-22 11:12
https://youtu.be/sED_IWAn5bc

Instability, wobble, shaking of Phantom 4 after latest firmware update 106. It was flying normal before the update, just sometimes horizon tilt and sometimes video issues.   

This is a great example of what its like! I've tried to get it on video but its difficult
2017-7-22
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431079 ft
Latvia

We get possibility to make firmware backup. Please cud any who has P4 with firmware older than v02.00.0106 make his P4 drone firmware backup by using this utility https://mega.nz/#!nJcAUICR!3OWhm ... zpovIqo_6In3VnHXu5M and post it somewhere for downloading?
Only you need, connect you drone to win PC with assistant2 close, open DUMLdore.exe file and chose "backup firmware" option. This will help a lot for peoples to get back his P4 drones to normal flight.
Thanks.  
2017-7-22
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.2
United States

Pakawan Posted at 2017-7-22 07:17
HaHa

I don't understand why he think many people not try do this?

Most of us have tried every fix that's been presented. I know I have. I just discovered there is anew DJI Go App for android out today. But not a thing about any fix to the AC firmware. I guess they've been busy with the Go App. That's just what I don't need!
2017-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules