Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Aircraft totally unstable and aggressive after recent firmware up...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Aardvark Posted at 2017-10-11 03:59
It's not like DJI to publish inaccurate information sometimes, I suspect that was an error. The issues for the P4 are instable flight, and camera stops recording when 4k @ 30fps used (Beta available for camera problem). The issues for the P4P are gimbal buzzing and calibration failing (Or so I've read), for which they now have a beta release.

If I were looking for a P4P problem I would be looking in the P4P section for an answer, not here.

"If I were looking for a P4P problem I would be looking in the P4P section"

I agree as you could see from my dialog with Thor. ;-)
Now it sounds like they have no knowledge of the P4P problems even we got hit before P4.
2017-10-11
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-11 09:21

I also have the same problems since the update.....reduced range and constant disconnections to the RC and video feed.....I really wish I had not updated as it was fine before!
2017-10-11
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-11 09:21

"I agree as you could see from my dialog with Thor. ;-)"

I thought the Scandinavians had given up on the god of thunder a long time ago

It would seem that the '+' has added another dimension to any problems there may be with the P4 Pros firmware updates. Is it possible to use a 'standard' display with the plus, or is it permanently wired ?
2017-10-11
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Pvt Pilot '79 Posted at 2017-10-11 05:44
How do we know that we’ve gained access to the Beta once we’’ve requested it?

Hi. I saw the "Go app" response, but not clear what that is.

How I know is when the craft is connected to the PC running Assistant 2, and you enter the Firmware screen, the new Beta should be selectable. If not, you may need to refresh the screen in order for it to appear.
2017-10-11
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-10 20:10
Hi all, we have an update for the unstable flying case for Phantom 4, now the beta firmware is available for it, please kindly leave me with your DJI account if you are interested in it. I'll help to forward the beta to you.
Please send back the feedback after testing the beta, hope this issue can be resolved shortly. Thank you all for your support.

I just installed the latest Beta and so far everything looks great, stability issues GONE! All except for one thing but that could be that I didn't calibrate the sensors after updating. When moving forward and then going into a hover at about 200 feet, once I start to go forward again it suddenly stops and stops quick as if the aircraft sensed an obstacle. Once I neutralize the controls, I can then proceed and all is good but it does this every time I stop and I have to neutralize the controls again before proceeding. I'm sure this is an issue that can be resolved but I have to say THANK YOU for pushing me the Beta firmware. My P4S flies as it did before.
John
2017-10-11
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-10-11 17:35
Hi. I saw the "Go app" response, but not clear what that is.

How I know is when the craft is connected to the PC running Assistant 2, and you enter the Firmware screen, the new Beta should be selectable. If not, you may need to refresh the screen in order for it to appear.

Got it. The firmware was there already and tests okay, except for one minor detail. See post above.
2017-10-11
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

My drone was experiencing the exact same issues out of nowhere after the firmware update. I received my repair quote today. Keep advised that this drone flew just fine till the update, has never been crashed or damaged in any way. I am very upset. What a waste of money and time.  

Case No:        CAS-1028547-Y3P2Z6
DJI Care Balance:       
Quote Date:        10-11-17
Remarks:        Dear Customer, Unfortunately, damage that is not caused by a product malfunction or is out of the warranty period is not covered by DJI aftersales policy. We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received. For more information, please visit http://www.dji.com/service/policy DJI North America

Item        Quantity        Unit Price(USD)        Total Price(USD)
Phantom 4 Right Landing Gear Module        1        10.00        10.00
Phantom4 Camera Main Board V04        1        176.00        176.00
Repair Service Fee        2        65.00/H        130.00
Freight:                        0.00
Total Amount:                        316.00
DJI Care deduction:                        0.00
Total Payment:                        316.00

Payment by Paypal:    Payment Links
2017-10-11
Use props
Streetmagus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1398376 ft
United States

C.Degan Posted at 2017-10-11 19:12
My drone was experiencing the exact same issues out of nowhere after the firmware update. I received my repair quote today. Keep advised that this drone flew just fine till the update, has never been crashed or damaged in any way. I am very upset. What a waste of money and time.  

I have the camera/gimbal reset issue, otherwise the drone flies fine.
Contacted DJI support, they just told me to refresh my firmware and reset to factory settings and pasted directions how to do so. Of course I've already done that so many times already. They did not offer a beta firmware as so many on these forums have the opportunity to test. I PM'd the support staff but they never replied about the beta either.
DJI support emailed me to send my drone in for evaulation, which I am sure will result in a repair bill like yours. Funny, everything worked fine before the firmware update.
2017-10-11
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-11 06:31
Hi, accounts provided above had forwarded to our engineers, please update the beta when you received it. You can check if either on DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2. It might require a while for the release, thanks for your waiting.

Hi Thor. I have just installed Beta 2.000.600 on my P4, RC wanted to update to 1.9.3, and my GO app is iOS 4.1.12.

I did a VPS calibration after successfull update, followed by a gimbal calibration.

Result: there was a breeze, but that was no excuse for how the craft bucked around during a hover about 3m from the ground. I have not seen the P4 as unstable in a hover as that (even with the latest Prod release) - minor jerks, with the occasional sideways jump. I had it hover at 1m, 2m, and 3m with the same instability evident. I was not game to fly it away further.

This run was a huge fail from my perspective. I'll try it a second time when it's calmer, but I'm sadly not hopeful.
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

pbxcomm Posted at 2017-10-11 06:37
Hello Thor,  I am a Phantom 4 Pro Plus user with flight issues as previously described since the last firmware update, could you add me to the beta tester program?

My mail:

Sir, this is the issue for P4 only, instead of P4P. If you have the similar issue, start your thread under P4P module, I'd like to help.
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-11 09:14
Hi Thor

Well as stated again and again my P4P minus (+) has all the same issues as hit the P4 except for the Gimbal noise and recordings stopping by itself.

The beta is only for P4. If you have any issue of the P4P, please upload some specific video of your main issue and start a new thread for better assistance. Thank you!
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Pvt Pilot '79 Posted at 2017-10-11 17:42
I just installed the latest Beta and so far everything looks great, stability issues GONE! All except for one thing but that could be that I didn't calibrate the sensors after updating. When moving forward and then going into a hover at about 200 feet, once I start to go forward again it suddenly stops and stops quick as if the aircraft sensed an obstacle. Once I neutralize the controls, I can then proceed and all is good but it does this every time I stop and I have to neutralize the controls again before proceeding. I'm sure this is an issue that can be resolved but I have to say THANK YOU for pushing me the Beta firmware. My P4S flies as it did before.
John

Thanks for your positive feedback. We appreciate your participation. Feel free to contact us if you have more questions.
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-10-11 22:27
Hi Thor. I have just installed Beta 2.000.600 on my P4, RC wanted to update to 1.9.3, and my GO app is iOS 4.1.12.

I did a VPS calibration after successfull update, followed by a gimbal calibration.

Sir, thanks for your participation. Could you export the flight data for analysis? Also, please try to record the aircraft performance by mobile, we'd like to look into it. Appreciate your time and support.
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

C.Degan Posted at 2017-10-11 19:12

Degan, per the case log, it indicated that the camera main board was damaged and need to be replaced. As the drone has been out of warranty, I'm sorry that repair cost need to pay.
2017-10-11
Use props
hoochwombat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81821 ft
Australia

Hi all, we have an update for the unstable flying case for Phantom 4, now the beta firmware is available for it, please kindly leave me with your DJI account if you are interested in it. I'll help to forward the beta to you.
Please send back the feedback after testing the beta, hope this issue can be resolved shortly. Thank you all for your support.

Hi please add me to the Beta update list. Just updated now have a basically useless drone. Very disappointed. Hope the beta update makes life fun again.
2017-10-12
Use props
ssokolov
lvl.1

Bulgaria

+1 i have phantom 4 from one month and i cant fly with him totaly unstable. Last time i buy DJI product, awful suport...
2017-10-12
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-11 23:23
The beta is only for P4. If you have any issue of the P4P, please upload some specific video of your main issue and start a new thread for better assistance. Thank you!

1) Your platform does not support upload of the video you're asking for.
2) There should be no need for more of those videos, the issues and behavior is just the same as all the other with those issues.
3) Why ask for this after almost 4 months

Think i better just return it as i does not hold as advertised, a flying camera with professional result nor the specifications regarding range and stability! :-(
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

hoochwombat Posted at 2017-10-12 00:37
Hi please add me to the Beta update list. Just updated now have a basically useless drone. Very disappointed. Hope the beta update makes life fun again.

Please provide us with your DJI Account email.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

ssokolov Posted at 2017-10-12 01:20
+1 i have phantom 4 from one month and i cant fly with him totaly unstable. Last time i buy DJI product, awful suport...

Could you please provide more details about your issue? What is the current firmware version of your drone and what is your DJI Account email?
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-12 01:53
1) Your platform does not support upload of the video you're asking for.
2) There should be no need for more of those videos, the issues and behavior is just the same as all the other with those issues.
3) Why ask for this after almost 4 months

Susan is trying to help, if you couldn't provide the details of your issue, how could she help you out? For the video, you can upload it to the Youtube or Dropbox, then post a link here. As Susan told you before, The P4 is different from the P4P, you should provide a specific video of your issue.
2017-10-12
Use props
ssokolov
lvl.1

Bulgaria

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-12 02:16
Could you please provide more details about your issue? What is the current firmware version of your drone and what is your DJI Account email?

My DJi account e-mail is svsokolov@abv.bg . I am with latest firmware, exactly the same who is reported milion times here. Unstable and agresive flight issues similar to other here... How is possible so many people telling you about this problems with latest firmware and you do nothing for months? You have worst support ever, i am on the way to buy gimble for my DSLR to, in the past i think this will be Ronin but now i am sure this will be Moza... Never again DJI for me, you are totally unsecure company.
2017-10-12
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-12 02:26
Susan is trying to help, if you couldn't provide the details of your issue, how could she help you out? For the video, you can upload it to the Youtube or Dropbox, then post a link here. As Susan told you before, The P4 is different from the P4P, you should provide a specific video of your issue.

I am (unfortunately) a DJI customer, not a Google or Dropbox customer, if you need a video uploaded showing the very same symptoms as other with issues after the 01.04.0602 update for the P4P then you must provide the platform to upload what you need.

Still i can't see no reason to make a video in the first place, plenty of those and as stated by Thor, the issue is the same so just have your engineers build a firmware that correct the issues again.

It was working just fine as it was bought, it became a PoC after the update that promised that if i was not satisfied i could downgrade again, i am not at all sitified, i can not downgrade to what ever was flashed to it when i bought it.

It should be no big problem for your engineers to make it work again as i suppose they know the code as it was before 01.04.0602, but if the internal code revision is as far out as the release notes indicate, i can see that DJI have a big problem to solve!
2017-10-12
Use props
fans13632501
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977500 ft
Brazil

I need the beta firmware, please send me if possible. My account: lucas_mezher@hotmail.com
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans13632501 Posted at 2017-10-12 02:51
I need the beta firmware, please send me if possible. My account:

I had forwarded your account to our engineers, please update the beta when you received it. Thanks for your waiting.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

ssokolov Posted at 2017-10-12 02:29
My DJi account e-mail is  . I am with latest firmware, exactly the same who is reported milion times here. Unstable and agresive flight issues similar to other here... How is possible so many people telling you about this problems with latest firmware and you do nothing for months? You have worst support ever, i am on the way to buy gimble for my DSLR to, in the past i think this will be Ronin but now i am sure this will be Moza... Never again DJI for me, you are totally unsecure company.

Sorry for this,  I've forwarded your DJI account to our engineers, please update the beta when you received it. It may take a while to add it, please check it on the DJI Assistant 2 later. Thanks for your waiting.
2017-10-12
Use props
bobwaz44\
lvl.2

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-12 03:06
Sorry for this,  I've forwarded your DJI account to our engineers, please update the beta when you received it. It may take a while to add it, please check it on the DJI Assistant 2 later. Thanks for your waiting.

Hello.  First time post.  I too now have an unusable Phantom 4.  I've updated the aircraft, the remote control, and the DJI Go app to the latest versions.  I use an iPad Mini 4 to run the app.  During a flight yesterday, the video transmission signal dropped several times.  Considering I was only about 30 feet away, that was very surprising.  The application crashed at least once.  Video recording stopped on its own twice.  And the gimble abruptly turned to the right revealing the landing gear.  Something is definitely wrong with nearly all parts of this system, but since these problems seem nearly identical to most users who have posted on this forum, it definitely looks like a firmware/software/application issue.  The aircraft has never crashed, and was unbelievably stable on earlier versions of the software.  I used to be proud to fly a Phantom 4, but I now have no choice but to ground the aircraft until a fix is released.  Please pass along my list of concerns to the software engineers.  The issue is serious and potentially dangerous.

That being said, can you please provide me with access to the beta firmware?  I need to try something to make this aircraft useable, and safe, again.  Thanks.

Bobwaz44@gmail.com
2017-10-12
Use props
hoochwombat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81821 ft
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-12 02:06
Please provide us with your DJI Account email.

Unable to Pm. How can I provide email privately.
2017-10-12
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Streetmagus Posted at 2017-10-11 21:35
I have the camera/gimbal reset issue, otherwise the drone flies fine.
Contacted DJI support, they just told me to refresh my firmware and reset to factory settings and pasted directions how to do so. Of course I've already done that so many times already. They did not offer a beta firmware as so many on these forums have the opportunity to test. I PM'd the support staff but they never replied about the beta either.
DJI support emailed me to send my drone in for evaulation, which I am sure will result in a repair bill like yours. Funny, everything worked fine before the firmware update.

There was a beta 02.00.0300 released a short while ago which appears to have fixed the 'camera & gimbal reset' problem on the P4. Since then DJI (Yesterday) released another beta (V02.00.0600) to tackle the instability problems some are seeing, this also apparently incorporates the camera & gimbal fix. So it looks as if they are making headway in resolving these firmware problems.

If you wanted a quick fix you could request a copy of the beta from one of the DJI people (DJI Thor, DJI Susan, DJI Diana etc).
2017-10-12
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-11 23:48
Degan, per the case log, it indicated that the camera main board was damaged and need to be replaced. As the drone has been out of warranty, I'm sorry that repair cost need to pay.

I understand what the repair quote says and it does not make any sense.
Damaged from what ? How can it be damaged ? What does that even mean ?
It is a computer board. Do you know how difficult that would be to damage with no indication of abuse on the unit at all ?

2017-10-12
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-10-11 22:27

I had the same experience as Punchbuggy although I did all the calibrations. The Beta firmware update .600 went without issues. BUT
1. When flying into the wind the Drone behaves erratic, but not when flying with the wind.
2. When flying sideways it flies steady.
3. When flying with Obstacle Avoidance Disabled  in P mode the Drones speed is like in Atti mode.
There are already videos and logs in this thread sent to DJI that illustrate this behavior.
After the update the Drone definitely flies smoother but is not fix totally.
There have to be Drones at DJI that behave the same.
I will refresh the firmware and do everything over again to see if it solved the erratic behavior.
DJI why is the Drone flying steady sideways but not forwards and backwards.
2017-10-12
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
  • >>>
Namibia

F.KOK Posted at 2017-10-12 11:01
I had the same experience as Punchbuggy although I did all the calibrations. The Beta firmware update .600 went without issues. BUT
1. When flying into the wind the Drone behaves erratic, but not when flying with the wind.

Just want to add, all are updated to latest versions. AC,RC and Apps.
2017-10-12
Use props
Vessy1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29554 ft

United Kingdom

Hi Having same issues, 4k 30fps and stability, have sent PM to you Diana with DJI Email requesting latest Beta Firmware.
2017-10-12
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
  • >>>
Namibia

Hello Thor feedback have been sent back to you, that you asked for. No. 1549.  Thanks.
2017-10-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

F.KOK Posted at 2017-10-12 11:01

Hi. Did the P4 on .0600 at least do a stable hover for you? I didn't even get past that - it was so erratic I wasn't even game to let it go any further. But as you propose too, I'll reset craft to default and refresh it again before a second try this weekend. Perhaps that'll be better.
2017-10-12
Use props
veekman530
lvl.2
United States

hey i have an incredibly ingenious idea, LET US ROLLBACK TO THE PREVIOUS WORKING FIRMWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2017-10-12
Use props
veekman530
lvl.2
United States

or take the old firmware, repackage it, re-label it as version 2.00.700. i guarantee every pilot in here would welcome it. we just want to get flying again!!!
2017-10-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

veekman530 Posted at 2017-10-12 13:25
or take the old firmware, repackage it, re-label it as version 2.00.700. i guarantee every pilot in here would welcome it. we just want to get flying again!!!

Well, cynical that that may sound, I'd actually be happy with that. The prod firmware base from last year, with the fix for horizon integrity and the latest battery firmware. The gimbal and battery are separate modules in the firmware, so that should be achievable with minimal effort.
But the problem here is that I suspect that DJI are trying to align these common modules across the P range. And I get that too. Frustrating, but I'll keep at it - and that's only because I have a P4P I can fly while the P4 is erratic.
2017-10-12
Use props
veekman530
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-10-12 13:46
Well, cynical that that may sound, I'd actually be happy with that. The prod firmware base from last year, with the fix for horizon integrity and the latest battery firmware. The gimbal and battery are separate modules in the firmware, so that should be achievable with minimal effort.
But the problem here is that I suspect that DJI are trying to align these common modules across the P range. And I get that too. Frustrating, but I'll keep at it - and that's only because I have a P4P I can fly while the P4 is erratic.

well i wasn't trying to be cynical, just trying to come up with a simple solution that we'd all be happy with.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

bobwaz44\@gmail Posted at 2017-10-12 03:56
Hello.  First time post.  I too now have an unusable Phantom 4.  I've updated the aircraft, the remote control, and the DJI Go app to the latest versions.  I use an iPad Mini 4 to run the app.  During a flight yesterday, the video transmission signal dropped several times.  Considering I was only about 30 feet away, that was very surprising.  The application crashed at least once.  Video recording stopped on its own twice.  And the gimble abruptly turned to the right revealing the landing gear.  Something is definitely wrong with nearly all parts of this system, but since these problems seem nearly identical to most users who have posted on this forum, it definitely looks like a firmware/software/application issue.  The aircraft has never crashed, and was unbelievably stable on earlier versions of the software.  I used to be proud to fly a Phantom 4, but I now have no choice but to ground the aircraft until a fix is released.  Please pass along my list of concerns to the software engineers.  The issue is serious and potentially dangerous.

That being said, can you please provide me with access to the beta firmware?  I need to try something to make this aircraft useable, and safe, again.  Thanks.

Well received, thank you! I will forward to our engineers to add you in. Please try to refresh the firmware when you received it.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

hoochwombat Posted at 2017-10-12 04:01
Unable to Pm. How can I provide email privately.

I have PMed you, please check whether you have received it or not.

If not, welcome to send an email to support@dji.com, and illustrate this, our colleagues will help you.
2017-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules