Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Aircraft totally unstable and aggressive after recent firmware up...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mats Dahlvig
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83274 ft
Sweden

Hi
Admin Please help
Can you help me so that i can acsess betafirmwere to my phantom 4 drone, my accont is mats.dahlvig@gmail.com Thanks
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mats Dahlvig Posted at 2017-12-18 09:40
Hi
Admin Please help
Can you help me so that i can acsess betafirmwere to my phantom 4 drone, my accont is  Thanks

Hey Mats, thanks for your participation. Th beta will be available in your account soon, we appreciate your feedback.
2017-12-18
Use props
Nick Gee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 174 ft

United Kingdom

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-7-8 11:32
https://vimeo.com/224777057
Although the problem I am seeing is more subtle than what Moshe is seeing, it is still brand new to this update.  The drone "bucks" once in a while. Here is a 60 second video which shows the problem with the bucking of the P4 after successfully completing all update, IMU and Compass calibrations, etc.  

Mine does exactly the same. When coming in for landing, it wobbles aggressively
2017-12-18
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-12-12 14:20
Hey SED - I was starting to think your P4 had done you in ("Tora Tora Tora " - Death from above!)

Yeah, an interesting year in retrospect. The UK has Brexit, the US has Trump, and Australia has the politician dual-citizenship debacle. On top of it all, I'm actually wishing I still had the beta tested on my P4 back in January. Seriously, I had access to the new modes and everything was otherwise stable with that firmware, but I was immediately lured to the prod version in July with the promise of something better. Hmm...

Hey buddy - still here.  Waiting. In the shadows. You will have to chase me. Because I'm the hero this forum deserves, but not the one it needs right now, so you'll hunt me. Because I can take it, because I'm not a hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector, a Dark Knight.
2017-12-19
Use props
Rob W
Captain
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Checking back here after posting for over a week ago (post 1810). Still no answers from @DJI Susan or anyone else at DJI. No clear answer of the delay or the problems themselves, and why we can't have an official WORKING firmware release. Just an old beta release...
2017-12-19
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Rob W Posted at 2017-12-19 05:23
Checking back here after posting for over a week ago (post 1810). Still no answers from @DJI Susan or anyone else at DJI. No clear answer of the delay or the problems themselves, and why we can't have an official WORKING firmware release. Just an old beta release...

I think you need to modify your 'check back' intervals slightly. Rather than every week, maybe every quarter, or every time Halley’s comet orbits the sun? I think it's next due to happen in 2061. There might be an update by then. Meanwhile everyone else will be hopping in their DJI Phantom 747s and flying to the edge of the troposphere for a closer look; firmware permitting of course.  
2017-12-19
Use props
fans31adc106
lvl.1

United States

We still DO NOT have a stable firmware for the phantom 4?? Wow, it will be 2018 in a matter of days and still NO progress. DJI, Please let us downgrade until a stable fix can be worked out. The company I work for is about to buy a small fleet of drones and they were set on DJI. I advised them to hold off or go custom.
I could have gave a nice demonstration of my P4 but it flies like garbage since the "new" update. Anyway, when will we have a STABLE firmware, or a proper way to downgrade to a working release???
2017-12-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I woud want a working product, no way should it take this long, guys, do some research and downgrade the firmware,
its possible, its easy and you will have a working p4, no, i cannot tell you how as i think it will break forum rules,google is your friend....
2017-12-19
Use props
owiecPL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 112805 ft
Singapore

We want fully working aircraft, since 3 months I'm afraid every flight about my P4 and people around of them.
Today, in 4K video during tests at home gimball decided to tilt and stay in this sick position to the next restart. Lost previous record, crash app etc.

DJI shouldn't treat as like beta testers giving us beta firmware. Firmware isn't stable, there is a probability to lost craft during tests piece of code by their programmers.

I'm out.
2017-12-21
Use props
GeorgeEV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1608 ft
Greece

Hi all,
I got a new Phantom 4 that came with firmware 01.02.602 for the AC and 1.6.0 for the RC.
I am thinking not to upgrade to the latest firmware because of this thread.
I am totally newbie and this is my first qaud. I will use it mainly for mapping.
I have downloaded the latest DJI GO4 4.1.20 and confirm that can connect either with ipad mini or android (galaxy j5 2016) without problem. The only problem is with android I have to restart the phone in order to connect to the app. I have not fly yet only power on the AC in my balcony.
I want your advice, shall i upgrade the firmware? All P4's have the issues mentioned or only some?
Should I use the latest GO app 4.1.20 with the old firmware or should I try an older version? I see that the 4.1.2 version is the one that is mentioned in release notes.
What do you think?
2017-12-23
Use props
Mats Dahlvig
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-18 18:55
Hey Mats, thanks for your participation. Th beta will be available in your account soon, we appreciate your feedback.

2017-12-25
Use props
Mats Dahlvig
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-18 18:55

I have got the beta now, thanks.
Do you know when the official firmwere for the ph4 will be realesed?
2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mats Dahlvig Posted at 2017-12-25 03:18
I have got the beta now, thanks.
Do you know when the official firmwere for the ph4 will be realesed?

Mats, I'm not sure as we are still collecting the feedback of the latest beta firmware. Waiting for your update.
2017-12-25
Use props
GrangerFX
First Officer
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

DJI, it is time to admit that you can't fix the Phantom 4s you broke with the firmware update and recall them. You should replace them with new ones at no expense to the owners. Figure out which serial numbers are affected and tell the owners to return them for a replacement at no cost.
2017-12-26
Use props
fans1f690efe
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

GrangerFX Posted at 2017-12-26 01:17
DJI, it is time to admit that you can't fix the Phantom 4s you broke with the firmware update and recall them. You should replace them with new ones at no expense to the owners. Figure out which serial numbers are affected and tell the owners to return them for a replacement at no cost.

I agree with you, DJI have really messed up here.
2017-12-26
Use props
fans31adc106
lvl.1

United States

Hey GrangerFX, i think youre right. They should issue a recall. They should replace them with either P4 advanced or P4 pro. I dont even mind if they want some more
money to trade up. Or even trade for same but working P4 standard. I would even straight trade my P4 for a Spark package. At this point I have given up on DJI. Its time to go the legal route. Thats probably the only thing that would get their attention. For me its winter here so im not going to stress it too much at this moment. But that doesnt mean its winter everywhere and some people do fly in winter. So To DJI, I hope we have a working stable release in January of 2018.
2017-12-27
Use props
veekman530
lvl.1
United States

GeorgeEV Posted at 2017-12-23 00:31
Hi all,
I got a new Phantom 4 that came with firmware 01.02.602 for the AC and 1.6.0 for the RC.
I am thinking not to upgrade to the latest firmware because of this thread.

DO NOT UPDATE THE FIRMWARE!!! Tons of us have bricked P4's from this crappy firmware. I only wish I had come on here before I updated to ask the same question you did. I never would have done it! I repeat, do not update!!!
2017-12-27
Use props
djiuser_SOWLHjr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79980 ft
Colombia

fans775bca9a Posted at 2017-12-16 21:03
ESTIMADOS AQUI LE ENVIO UNA SOLUCION A LOS PROBLEMAS QUE TUVE MUY SIMILAR A LAS DE USTEDES:
PROBLEMAS PRSENTADOS :
AQUI LA VERSIONES Y FIRMWARE:

Excelente hermano podrias explicarme como instalaste la version beta yo recibi mi phantom 4 nuevo en estos dias y cometi el error de instalar la ultima firmware y mirando en internet encontre todos estos problemas y yo presento ese que muestras en tus imagenes seria de gran ayuda tu apoyo te lo agradezco no he volado mucho porque tuve que cambiar de bateria y estoy en la espera de la nueva y estoy con una prestada pero ante todo lo que he leido no he querido volar el drone hasta estar 100% seguro
2017-12-27
Use props
Pareja IV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

djiuser_SOWLHjr Posted at 2017-12-27 11:28
Excelente hermano podrias explicarme como instalaste la version beta yo recibi mi phantom 4 nuevo en estos dias y cometi el error de instalar la ultima firmware y mirando en internet encontre todos estos problemas y yo presento ese que muestras en tus imagenes seria de gran ayuda tu apoyo te lo agradezco no he volado mucho porque tuve que cambiar de bateria y estoy en la espera de la nueva y estoy con una prestada pero ante todo lo que he leido no he querido volar el drone hasta estar 100% seguro

Hola. Necesitas instalar en tu ordenador el DJI assistant2, luego solicitas la versión a susan enviándole tu dirección de correo electrónico ligada a tu cuenta de DJI. En unas horas o unos días verás la versión beta disponible en el DJI Assistant cuando la conectes al drone. Conecta el dron al ordenador con el cable USB,abre el programa DJI Assistant2 y dale a actualizar en la versión correspondiente
2017-12-27
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

veekman530 Posted at 2017-12-27 10:51
DO NOT UPDATE THE FIRMWARE!!! Tons of us have bricked P4's from this crappy firmware. I only wish I had come on here before I updated to ask the same question you did. I never would have done it! I repeat, do not update!!!

So how is your P4 'bricked' from the latest updates, what is not working ?
2017-12-27
Use props
fans18126b4a
New
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-27 12:12

If it works, don't fix it seems to be the clear and  convincing moral of this thread.  No way am I going to upgrade my firmware.  I have the latest version anyway and am not getting any messages telling me I need to upgrade, so fugeddaboudit.  Heck, I'm even reluctant to try and calibrate anything after reading the posts on this thread.
2017-12-27
Use props
veekman530
lvl.1
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-27 12:12

Have you not been following this thread? I have the same problems everyone else is having. Bucking, unstable flight, dramatically reduced range, unresponsive control, etc. Basically everything stated in the OP.
2017-12-27
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans18126b4a Posted at 2017-12-27 12:19
If it works, don't fix it seems to be the clear and  convincing moral of this thread.  No way am I going to upgrade my firmware.  I have the latest version anyway and am not getting any messages telling me I need to upgrade, so fugeddaboudit.  Heck, I'm even reluctant to try and calibrate anything after reading the posts on this thread.

So you're all up to date and everything works, that's got to be good news, according to post I replied to your machine should be bricked.

This is where people come to complain, and the moral of the thread is that the 'recent' upgrade is V02.00.0106 for the P4 aircraft which was released almost six months ago. And for those that have stability problems and 4k recording issues then there is the V02.00.0600 Beta available which works for most.

Many only partly upgrade by doing only the aircraft and not the RC which needs to be done as well. This has generated many complaints recently, many of which can and have been resolved.

And the 'If it works....' theory does not quite hold true either. With the previous build the horizon was more often than not tilted on every P4, the latest build at least resolved that. And given that it's all about producing video or photos a level horizon was a big fix.

And your aircraft will fly well if the five calibrations are done properly initially.
2017-12-27
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

veekman530 Posted at 2017-12-27 12:33
Have you not been following this thread? I have the same problems everyone else is having. Bucking, unstable flight, dramatically reduced range, unresponsive control, etc. Basically everything stated in the OP.

"Have you not been following this thread?"

Yes, in fact I posted on day one of the thread back on 8th July reporting the video stopping and gimbal reset problem. But to complain without providing any evidence doesn't help, and certainly won't help resolve the problems you have.

If you'd read my previous message (1863) then you would see that the fix for most at least, is to request Beta 02.00.0600 from one of the mods. That plus a bit of calibrating should get your P4 working reasonably well.
2017-12-27
Use props
GeorgeEV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1608 ft
Greece

I don't understand why doesn't DJI allow users to downgrade the firmware. And generally I don't understand this whole "refresh firmware" thing that I read here and there. The firmware either should install correctly or not. I read about corrupted downloads and other weird things. Is it so difficult to validate the file before it loads to the AC or RC?

2017-12-28
Use props
fans29c178c8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5441411 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Please DJI Susan I need the firmware also. 6 months with a grounded P4. We have over $50k in DJI products, please help!
2017-12-28
Use props
Jairo Alonso Fi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79980 ft
Colombia

Hi Dear susan can you help me with the beta version of the firmware the user Pareja IV reply me his post with the issues and resolved of the problems with the last update, i presented the same issues can you help me with it? Thank you [img]https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/[/img] this is my e-mail jafigueredo116@hotmail.com
2017-12-29
Use props
yapgg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 201401 ft
Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-12 18:59
I understand your concern. The damage assessment was based on the unit you offered. For the unit that has been expired, it is not available to repair with free according to DJI's policy, please kindly understand. If you do not want to repair, please let us know and we would arrange return without repair.

Hello DJI SUSAN,

can i be registered to use the 02.00.0600 dji beta?
giansange@gmail.com
2017-12-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jairo Alonso Fi Posted at 2017-12-29 00:21
Hi Dear susan can you help me with the beta version of the firmware the user Pareja IV reply me his post with the issues and resolved of the problems with the last update, i presented the same issues can you help me with it? Thank you [view_image][/img] this is my e-mail

Well received, the beta will be available on your account soon, please check later. Appreciate your feedback.
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

yapgg Posted at 2017-12-31 18:20
Hello DJI SUSAN,

can i be registered to use the 02.00.0600 dji beta?

Copy that. Please login your account in DJI Assistant 2 later and confirm.
2018-1-1
Use props
fans29c178c8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5441411 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-1 19:29
Copy that. Please login your account in DJI Assistant 2 later and confirm.

Thank you, firmware received. Much better flight!!!!
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans29c178c8 Posted at 2018-1-2 08:20
Thank you, firmware received. Much better flight!!!!

Thanks for your positive feedback. If you notice any further issue in the beta firmware, please come back to us, we'll be here for help.
2018-1-4
Use props
Drone for Fun
New
Flight distance : 449137 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-1 22:45
Hey there, could you tell your DJI Account(the email address when you login DJI GO)? We'll help you get the beta and have a try.

bakerdpcor@bellsouth.net
2018-1-7
Use props
Drone for Fun
New
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-1 22:45
Hey there, could you tell your DJI Account(the email address when you login DJI GO)? We'll help you get the beta and have a try.

bakerdpcor@bellsouth.net
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Received with thanks! The beta will be available within one working day, please check later.
2018-1-8
Use props
Drone for Fun
New
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-8 19:47
Received with thanks! The beta will be available within one working day, please check later.

Thanks, Susan
2018-1-8
Use props
MikeyDrone
lvl.1

Sweden

How come some are affected, and some not? old vs. new components?

Do we know how many are affected?

I still have no problems, P4P, but I am a bit worried...
2018-1-9
Use props
Drone for Fun
New
United States

Thanks, got it today installed.  Flight was a lot better, seems to be back to normal flying.

Thanks,
Tim
2018-1-9
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MikeyDrone Posted at 2018-1-9 03:20
How come some are affected, and some not? old vs. new components?

Do we know how many are affected?

That's the $64,000 question, and we are unlikely ever to know. I have an early model P4, flight stability okay under 02.00.0106, but intermittent problems with camera recording in 4k. 02.00.0600 Beta has worked OK for me. And the earlier 02.00.0300 Beta sorted my 4k problem.

Even if DJI have now pinned down the problem they are unlikely to share what would be commercially sensitive information (i.e. numbers affected, probably substantial ).
2018-1-9
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-9 17:35
That's the $64,000 question, and we are unlikely ever to know. I have an early model P4, flight stability okay under 02.00.0106, but intermittent problems with camera recording in 4k. 02.00.0600 Beta has worked OK for me. And the earlier 02.00.0300 Beta sorted my 4k problem.

Even if DJI have now pinned down the problem they are unlikely to share what would be commercially sensitive information (i.e. numbers affected, probably substantial ).

Commercially sensitive - sure - but definitely commercially embarrassing...

Also, I'm confident that it's also how people update their controllers and craft too. Sometimes not both, sometimes in different sequence, using either GO or Assistant 2, sometimes after "Microsoft Tuesday"... So many permutations. Shouldn't make a difference, but seems too.

For example, when I first installed beta v...600 on my P4 (using Assistant 2) after that horrendous v...106 release, the P4 appeared as unstable in flight as before. Bugger! I then set it to factory defaults and refreshed v...600 again - and it flew better. Yay! So for my P4 and P4P I now update, set factory default, and refresh again. Then VPS and gimbal calibration, of course.
2018-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules