Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Aircraft totally unstable and aggressive after recent firmware up...
118135 1921 2017-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Júlio Haesbaert
New
Flight distance : 12533 ft

Norway

Very unstable, loosing connection frequently in short distances, loosing image also in short range, this last upgrade really sucks, hope I dont loose my equipment because of this.
2017-7-14
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MikeW2 Posted at 2017-7-14 00:46
Are these issues related to all the P4's? Not everyone identifies the P4 (P4, Advanced, Pro).

I have the original Phantom 4, and was planning on getting the P4 Pro with the build in display on the controller.

"Are these issues related to all the P4's? Not everyone identifies the P4 (P4, Advanced, Pro)."

This is the P4 section of the forum, so it's fairly safe to assume its P4 and not the P4P or P4A.

They may not have 50 versions of aircraft, but there are a multitude of devices and their operating systems that can be used to control things. So there is always potential for errors.

A good number here are chasing an instability of flight problem, this is something I don't see, but I have (I believe) another problem where the Gimbal seems to randomly re-boot during recording.

The P4P+ (the + indicates built in controller) may have some issues of its own in relation to the built in Android device. Have a search in the P4 Pro section of forum (have a look at top of web page).
2017-7-14
Use props
wangrincreation
First Officer
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-14 00:22
We need the flight logs before aircraft was updated.
Would you please export 2 or 3 logs to us? Appreciate it.

I would love to  export  you some logs but assistant 2 doesn't list me all the logs. I can  see my logs from the upgrade day to today. I also uninstall/reinstall assistant, maybe why i can't find the ones before the update. Do you know if there is a way to get them?  I can see all my logs from GO4...
2017-7-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

wangrincreation Posted at 2017-7-14 01:32
I would love to  export  you some logs but assistant 2 doesn't list me all the logs. I can  see my logs from the upgrade day to today. I also uninstall/reinstall assistant, maybe why i can't find the ones before the update. Do you know if there is a way to get them?  I can see all my logs from GO4...

Sorry to hear that the logs before upgrading are not available.
I replied another customer for the logs as well, waiting to his reply, hope he can export the logs needed.
Appreciate your update as well.
2017-7-14
Use props
fans90b2bb2d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599449 ft
United States

Natalia, I have some logs saved on my computer from before the update. Would those help? Thanks for the update! I can probably get the logs later tonight.
2017-7-14
Use props
fans90b2bb2d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599449 ft
United States

My drone's stability was affected by the update, and those logs would be from when it was flying okay before the update.
2017-7-14
Use props
Moshe.mmm
First Officer
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-14 00:18
Here is an update:
We need the flight logs before aircraft was upgraded.
Would you please run assistant 2, then export 2 or 3 logs before the upgrading? You can refer to the date to choose the correct logs.

Thank you for your update. It really means a lot to us to know that you are working on the problem for us all, as the issue is a safety issue.

Guys, let's try to expedite the fix. Anyone who can send the data of the drone before the update, please kindly do so.
2017-7-14
Use props
wangrincreation
First Officer
Canada

Moshe.mmm Posted at 2017-7-14 02:03
Thank you for your update. It really means a lot to us to know that you are working on the problem for us all, as the issue is a safety issue.

Guys, let's try to expedite the fix. Anyone who can send the data of the drone before the update, please kindly do so.

Please Guys, if you have some logs before applying the last firmware upgrade, please post them here, so Nathalia can forward them to DJI engineers. Remember they already have the logs for the update...
2017-7-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans90b2bb2d Posted at 2017-7-14 02:00
My drone's stability was affected by the update, and those logs would be from when it was flying okay before the update.

That would be great, waiting to hear from you.
Please click "Reply" button so I can get a remind as well, thanks.
2017-7-14
Use props
fanse6d23c78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 585745 ft
Ireland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-14 02:40
That would be great, waiting to hear from you.
Please click "Reply" button so I can get a remind as well, thanks.

Phantom 4 experiencing erratic stability issues as already described.

====

Logs BEFORE firmware upgrade (22/06/2016)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3l6gb ... 4_11-33-24.DAT?dl=0

Logs AFTER firmware upgrade (10/07/2017)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/80s5tb ... 1_08-48-31.DAT?dl=0

====

Can you give us any timeline for a solution? I am losing business because I can't use my aircraft for work.

Thanks,

Peter
2017-7-14
Use props
Pareja IV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

fanse6d23c78 Posted at 2017-7-14 02:51

====

Meanwhile they could give us the possibility of downgrading to the previous firmware
2017-7-14
Use props
fanse6d23c78
lvl.1
Ireland

====

Sorry - just a note - the before log date should read 22/06/2017 (not 2016).
2017-7-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

====

Sorry, I'm not able to access to your links.
2017-7-14
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

====

Dropbox is showing a '404' error , files not found.
2017-7-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-7-8 11:32
https://vimeo.com/224777057
Although the problem I am seeing is more subtle than what Moshe is seeing, it is still brand new to this update.  The drone "bucks" once in a while. Here is a 60 second video which shows the problem with the bucking of the P4 after successfully completing all update, IMU and Compass calibrations, etc.  

Mabou, we care much about this case and would love to get the flight logs analyzed, would you please help us export 2 flight logs before firmware upgrading, then export the logs showing the situation for the video you uploaded?
Truly appreciate your support and patience, thank you in advance!
2017-7-14
Use props
fanse6d23c78
lvl.1
Ireland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-14 03:15
Sorry, I'm not able to access to your links.

Apologies, please try again links again

====

Logs BEFORE firmware upgrade (22/06/2017)
Dropbox link

Logs AFTER firmware upgrade (10/07/2017)
Dropbox link

====
2017-7-14
Use props
Elsmeghead
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3421503 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

[[[SOLUTION!!!]]] (for the camera/fan/gimbal error)

I have just run a series of tests on the Video Resolution Settings.
Please check the video resolution that you are filming at...?
I ran a 4 minute recording on each of the resolutions and frame rates and in my tests the error ONLY appears whilst filming at...
3840x2160 @30fps
Please try altering your video resolution to a different value / frame rate than the one above and let me know if the problem persists.
2017-7-14
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Elsmeghead Posted at 2017-7-14 03:35

You're just too clever

I'll have a play here and see what the outcome is, I was just in process of starting a new thread to collate all information.

The problem is very intermittent for me, my thought was working down the line of being heat related perhaps. Which could tie in with what you've seen. That 4k @30fps is very demanding on processor.
2017-7-14
Use props
Pareja IV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

Elsmeghead Posted at 2017-7-14 03:35

I'll try in the next flights.
2017-7-14
Use props
F.KOK
Captain
Flight distance : 18878960 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Moshe.mmm Posted at 2017-7-14 02:03

I will upload now and sent the data before the update.
2017-7-14
Use props
Elsmeghead
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-14 03:40
You're just too clever

I'll have a play here and see what the outcome is, I was just in process of starting a new thread to collate all information.

I was working on the assumption it might be a video buffer error in the firmware...
I wonder if DJI need a product tester lol
2017-7-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fanse6d23c78 Posted at 2017-7-14 03:32
Apologies, please try again links again

====

Appreciate it.
Just to verify, do you have video showing the shaking situation? if so, please provide me the video as well at your most convenience?
2017-7-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

F.KOK Posted at 2017-7-14 03:46
I will upload now and sent the data before the update.

Thank you for your support.
It would be better to provide us all the info needed from the same aircraft.
1. Two logs before firmware upgrading.
2. The logs and video showing the shaking after firmware upgrading.
2017-7-14
Use props
Elsmeghead
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-14 03:40
You're just too clever

I also checked the max resolution of 4096x2160 @24fps. Normally error occurs within 60 seconds of recording starting... Error nowhere to be seen in a 5 minute test.
2017-7-14
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Elsmeghead Posted at 2017-7-14 03:59
I also checked the max resolution of 4096x2160 @24fps. Normally error occurs within 60 seconds of recording starting... Error nowhere to be seen in a 5 minute test.

I'll open a new thread, those affected can post their experiences. Otherwise this might get lost in the 'instability fault' department...
2017-7-14
Use props
brunobaptista
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1369839 ft
Brazil

I have upgraded, but was not able to do a proper test flight yet.

I performed all aircraft calibrations (including VPS). All went OK.

While doing an RC calibration (aircraft off) just now, I noticed that on the first movements up and down of the right stick there was a lot of movement on the left-right readings as if I was also moving sideways the stick when going just up and down (but I was not). As I progressed on the calibration, moving the right stick up and down, those side readings all but disappeared. Maybe this can point to some cause of the jerkiness in the front and back movements?

I will be able to fly later today and will report what happens.

2017-7-14
Use props
F.KOK
Captain
Flight distance : 18878960 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-14 03:54
Thank you for your support.
It would be better to provide us all the info needed from the same aircraft.
1. Two logs before firmware upgrading.

Natalia when I want to upload the data there is no data before the 7th when the upgrade came
2017-7-14
Use props
SajidShah
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

Now a days DJI Tech Team even dont care what is happening around .. seems the released new firmware without checking and we have To pay for that really Sick
2017-7-14
Use props
Windy Hill Flye
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14764 ft

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-13 23:49
Are you sure that wasn't the new Landing Protection, and Precision Landing flight functions your were seeing ?
With these features, new to the P4. Aircraft is supposed to return home, and if it detects the landing point could be 'hazardous' it then manoeuvres itself to a new what it detects 'safe' position.

It landed right where it took off from,  it was in an open field mostly bare dirt and a few weeds.  I tried video taping it the next time it landed and of course it went straight down.
2017-7-14
Use props
fanse6d23c78
lvl.1
Ireland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-14 03:51
Appreciate it.
Just to verify, do you have video showing the shaking situation? if so, please provide me the video as well at your most convenience?

No video to support the shaking situation. Only logs... sorry!
2017-7-14
Use props
rosen9449
lvl.1
Flight distance : 693832 ft
Bulgaria

Hello,
constantly my P4 tells me that there is a strong wind !! This happens on every flight! Quite unpleasant! The weather is very sunless without wind! This happened after I updated with the new version ??? How can I work this way? This is untenable !!!
2017-7-14
Use props
usarfireman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79957 ft
United Kingdom

Updated mine a couple of days ago, tried flying it today to unstable to use, wind warming in slightest breeze, imu error every time I start up calibrated IMU so many times now, video dropping out a few feet away and that resets it to photo mode, wobbling all over the place in flight and to top it all tested it in sport mode and it flipped over in flight for no reason and crashed into some bushes luckily only broke a blade. DJI listen to your customers put the old firmware back on assistant 2, I''m on holiday and all this is drone is doing is taking up space as totally useless now and scared to fly it.
2017-7-14
Use props
AerialImageryMe
lvl.1
United States

Here is an update:
Would you please run assistant 2, then export 2 or 3 logs before the upgrading? You can refer to the date to choose the correct logs.

The files are too large for Dropbox. I have both before and after. The before are the flight files, the after are a combo of flight data and visual or whatever it downloaded. Any other suggestions on how to get them to you? This is a very serious situation.
2017-7-14
Use props
fansfe7cbc85
New
Flight distance : 154291 ft
United States

I was on line with DJI On-Line support last night. Tried 5 different things (all calibrations, restore factory settings, refresh, etc. NOTHING WORKED! I constantly lose signal. Almost every 20 to 30 seconds. Comes back, lose it again. They finally told me it must be my Android Turbo.   So wanted to down-rev. Not available!
2017-7-14
Use props
wangrincreation
First Officer
Canada

AerialImageryMe Posted at 2017-7-14 12:56
The files are too large for Dropbox. I have both before and after. The before are the flight files, the after are a combo of flight data and visual or whatever it downloaded. Any other suggestions on how to get them to you? This is a very serious situation.

how about using individual log and zip with winrar?
2017-7-14
Use props
AerialImageryMe
lvl.1
United States

fansfe7cbc85 Posted at 2017-7-14 13:08
I was on line with DJI On-Line support last night. Tried 5 different things (all calibrations, restore factory settings, refresh, etc. NOTHING WORKED! I constantly lose signal. Almost every 20 to 30 seconds. Comes back, lose it again. They finally told me it must be my Android Turbo.   So wanted to down-rev. Not available!

Online support is useless. They just go by a sheet or something. "Did you turn it off and turn it back on again?" Things like that.

Last they said, just downgrade. I said, you can't. They thought you could.....they are clueless.

2017-7-14
Use props
AerialImageryMe
lvl.1
United States

Here is an update:

Before and After Files....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/my2shu ... 4_17-04-49.DAT?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ate1w8 ... 4_17-03-54.DAT?dl=0
2017-7-14
Use props
Callatis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

luisFOSoares Posted at 2017-7-14 00:04
Sorry but thats not an iPad 2 for sure

iPad 2 is not compatible with iOS 10 . I wish it was

My fault, sorry. It's an iPad Air.
2017-7-14
Use props
Callatis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

After re-linking the RC I went out for another test:
- every time I turn it on I get IMU error but that goes away after IMU warms up. I did several calibrations.
- it's less noisy
- it auto-lends smoother
- in Tripod mode works well
- in Draw Mode, at the end of the mission it wobbles a lot and it stops wobbling as soon as you cancel the mode.
- in Normal mode, I was flying forward at 40m height and it suddenly accelerates and it goes on one side. I can regain control but it's scary.

There are too many reports of malfunction to be just user error.
2017-7-14
Use props
wangrincreation
First Officer
Canada

It's like the wobbling issue is related to Obstacle Avoidance sensor. When OA is disabled, the wobbling will stop but the P4 will act like on sport mode.  Can someone test with the OA disabled?
2017-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules