Aircraft totally unstable and aggressive after recent firmware up...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

AerialImageryMe Posted at 2017-7-14 14:16
Before and After Files....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/my2shu3cmxki05n/DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2017-07-14_17-04-49.DAT?dl=0

Thank you, I have forwarded both files to engineers.
Just to verify, do you have the video saved for shaking situation? If so, please provide it to us as well.
2017-7-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fanse6d23c78 Posted at 2017-7-14 05:56
No video to support the shaking situation. Only logs... sorry!

No problem, I have forwarded the data to engineers for further analysis.
2017-7-14
Use props
Oz Phantom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79462 ft
Australia

Me too P4
1/ IMU calibrate warning every single start up
2/ Jerky unstable flight even with softer exp/gain settings
3/unstable week transmission signal even at close distance
4/sudden transmission feed shut down or gimbal malfunction swithcing off to weird angle.

hope we dont have to wait six months for an update to fix- would be nice to be able to install previous version as none of the issues I am having were present day prior to firmware update,
2017-7-14
Use props
calmax
lvl.3
Taiwan

I was excited to bring my firmware updated P4 on my vacation, but it turns out to be a misery.  It's so very unstable when flying. Video transmission keeps dropping out, gimbal will suddenly crooked sideways. Most scary of all is the drone will all the sudden fly sideways by itself.  Happened twice, almost crashed into ocean.  I had a very reliable phantom 4, please let me downgrade to previous firmware.  Thanks.
2017-7-14
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

wangrincreation Posted at 2017-7-14 17:57
It's like the wobbling issue is related to Obstacle Avoidance sensor. When OA is disabled, the wobbling will stop but the P4 will act like on sport mode.  Can someone test with the OA disabled?

I have tested with OA off and also VPS but neither makes a difference. I'm certain that the DJI developers know exactly what is causing the problem already. The real test is to see whether they will come out with a fix in an acceptable timeframe. Until they do, users like myself are left with a device which can do little more than sit on a shelf.
2017-7-14
Use props
KIRILL_SPB
New
Russia

After last update - i got problem with overheating, the cooling fan of my MAVIC stoped working. DJI, please help
2017-7-14
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Australia

KIRILL_SPB Posted at 2017-7-14 23:15
After last update - i got problem with overheating, the cooling fan of my MAVIC stoped working. DJI, please help

This thread is for the Phantom 4, not the Mavic
2017-7-14
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

JockC Posted at 2017-7-14 21:10
I have tested with OA off and also VPS but neither makes a difference. I'm certain that the DJI developers know exactly what is causing the problem already. The real test is to see whether they will come out with a fix in an acceptable timeframe. Until they do, users like myself are left with a device which can do little more than sit on a shelf.

I am pretty sure the wobbling stopped with the OA off. I will try it again tomorrow, you might right. Hope the will release a fix soon, I am wasting my time off...
2017-7-14
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

wangrincreation Posted at 2017-7-14 23:45
I am pretty sure the wobbling stopped with the OA off. I will try it again tomorrow, you might right. Hope the will release a fix soon, I am wasting my time off...

I've tested it with all the sensors off and it didn't solve the problem
2017-7-15
Use props
DroneDirector
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391063 ft
Faroe Islands

I am having similar issues with my Phantom 4.

1. IMU errors
2. GPS errors
3. Transmission errors
4. Gimbal errors
5. Aggressive flight inputs by the drone on its own (at times)
6. To high wind velocity errors on a calm summer day

I use both android and ios and the problem is the same.
Using the drone for professional work makes this firmware a huge problem for me.
Hoping that DJI is able to release a firmware upgrade soon as I have a project coming up in a week or so.

I know it was my choice to upgrade the firmware, but why should I not do that?
I expect DJI to test the firmware before release.

Hard time believing they did test it.
If they did then they did not test it on many drones, only a few.
On the look of things this issue is happening to most of the phantom 4 users.

With out a doubt a firmware issue.
Good thing I am used to fly in atti mode or I would have lost my drone a few days ago because of IMU and GPS errors.
2017-7-15
Use props
fansb29e4285
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17697 ft
  • >>>
Italy

This is my Bug experience after the latest firmware update of my PH4:

After I successfully updated the new firmware v.02.00-0106 of my PH4 I started to have the problem documented in the attached videos. During the flight, though a few meters away from the radio control, the camera stops working for a few seconds (with loss of video signal) and then positions itself as documented in the last frames of the attached videos. The video signal stops for a few seconds and then returns to the right or left sloping camera.

Please solve it immediately with a new firmware:

2017-7-15
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Guys - look at the two videos, in the hovering shot the machine is sitting behind a wall with eddy's of wind disturbing it - on the other the tips of the trees are bent over and blowing 10-15+ mph!

You can not do any stability or as you say; wobble test, unless the air is dead calm. Most of the movement you see in the videos is nothing other than the processor correcting unwanted movements.

Keep in mind. there is no way any drone is going to sit still in disturbed air!

Regards - Mike
2017-7-15
Use props
Otto4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 162812 ft
Norway

same here on my phantom 4  gps errors imu errors gimball losing power cant calibrate imu anymore the drone flyes bad and it flyes slower in sportmode and wind warnings in little wind
this is just about enough for me, all theese errors came after this update i dont like the whole idea of this controlling of peaople + the problem with go 4 app with android 7
"""Just fix this"""
2017-7-15
Use props
fans754673b7
lvl.1

United States

This last update appears to have had several styles of dji drones malfunctioning. Everything from calibration errors to total drone failure. Please dji help out your loyal customers.
2017-7-15
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5256 ft
Mexico

8 days unflyable. Way togo dji.
2017-7-15
Use props
nickzavi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137257 ft
Greece

fans22a232c7 Posted at 2017-7-8 12:32
Mine too, shakey and it wont go over 90 feet now. Was working fine before upgrade.

i have the same problem here. aircraft disconect 90meters in front of me.what is going on???
2017-7-15
Use props
fans6a3399ab
New
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-8 13:37
My only glitch today in about one hour of flight time was a Gimbal that flipped over to one side (corner of landing gear seen) followed by a 3 second loss of video feed. That was my only negative point in all three flights (3 batteries).

I have that problem 7-8 times in a 15 minute flight with signal disconnect at as little as 30 feet. Have to restart recording each time. I have good pictures of left and right landing skids if anyone needs them.
2017-7-15
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans6a3399ab Posted at 2017-7-15 15:17
I have that problem 7-8 times in a 15 minute flight with signal disconnect at as little as 30 feet. Have to restart recording each time. I have good pictures of left and right landing skids if anyone needs them.

I have started another Thread to try and collate all information regarding this. Have a read there is a work around mentioned there if you can work with 1080P.
2017-7-15
Use props
vfrailing
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2564442 ft
  • >>>
United States

JockC Posted at 2017-7-11 20:05
I have asked for advice on how to downgrade until this is fixed  in both PMs and in these threads and, on each occasion, the request is simply ignored.

JodkC, I have been able to downgrade after the update, through Assistant 2.
After the update, it seemed to hover erratically,  suddenly changing altitude (by at least 5 feet) without any input from controller.  I was flying in a rather tight place, so I immediately brought it back.  Next flight, camera gimbal suddenly went askew.  I was yawing around doing a 180 panoramic series, when suddenly, the camera gimbal got stuck on the side so that all I could see were the landing gear.  The bird began flying erratically, so I felt lucky to get it back.  I immediately downgraded the version on the aircraft, and have had no issues since.  Not sure when I will reinstall the upgrade, until I hear these issues have been dealt with.
2017-7-15
Use props
fansfe7cbc85
New
Flight distance : 154291 ft
United States

I just heard from Customer Service (DJI) asking is I did the upgrade via DJI Asst 2. And they even send a Youtube link showing how to updgrade as well as downgrade. Yes I used DJI Asst 2. Did not help. And there is NO way to downgrade. UGGGGHHHHHHH!
2017-7-15
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Australia

vfrailing Posted at 2017-7-15 18:26
JodkC, I have been able to downgrade after the update, through Assistant 2.
After the update, it seemed to hover erratically,  suddenly changing altitude (by at least 5 feet) without any input from controller.  I was flying in a rather tight place, so I immediately brought it back.  Next flight, camera gimbal suddenly went askew.  I was yawing around doing a 180 panoramic series, when suddenly, the camera gimbal got stuck on the side so that all I could see were the landing gear.  The bird began flying erratically, so I felt lucky to get it back.  I immediately downgraded the version on the aircraft, and have had no issues since.  Not sure when I will reinstall the upgrade, until I hear these issues have been dealt with.

I can see no option to downgrade in DJI Assistant 2, only an option to "Restore Factory Defaults" which does not downgrade the firmware.
2017-7-15
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

Following this one
2017-7-15
Use props
nickzavi
lvl.2
Greece

SajidShah Posted at 2017-7-9 05:39
Video transmission dropout between drone and controller, even at 50 M short range . before i was flying on same remote location Above 3500 Meter
and drone is also unstable .

Same problem here. What we have to do to fix this problem my friend?
2017-7-16
Use props
nickzavi
lvl.2
Greece

Júlio Haesbaert Posted at 2017-7-14 01:04
Very unstable, loosing connection frequently in short distances, loosing image also in short range, this last upgrade really sucks, hope I dont loose my equipment because of this.

I have the same problem here. Whats going wrong ???how we fix it? I have aircraft disconect about 80 meters. What we have to do?
2017-7-16
Use props
nickzavi
lvl.2
Greece

fansfe7cbc85 Posted at 2017-7-14 13:08
I was on line with DJI On-Line support last night. Tried 5 different things (all calibrations, restore factory settings, refresh, etc. NOTHING WORKED! I constantly lose signal. Almost every 20 to 30 seconds. Comes back, lose it again. They finally told me it must be my Android Turbo.   So wanted to down-rev. Not available!

The same problem here. After the update i loose signal 80 metere away from me. How we fix it?? You know where is the problem?
2017-7-16
Use props
nickzavi
lvl.2
Greece

fansfe7cbc85 Posted at 2017-7-15 18:38
I just heard from Customer Service (DJI) asking is I did the upgrade via DJI Asst 2. And they even send a Youtube link showing how to updgrade as well as downgrade. Yes I used DJI Asst 2. Did not help. And there is NO way to downgrade. UGGGGHHHHHHH!

There is no way to downgrade. Same problem here. Please dji fix it
2017-7-16
Use props
Satstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 392024 ft
Germany

Today I tested the new firmware. Autostart and landing work, the landing has been softer. In the P mode, normal flight of the P4 until the stick is fully forward or backward. Initially normal flight, but shake in the middle as if the stick had left the end position at short notice. It looks like when you release the stick to make a full braking in the air. Same behavior in S mode. With RTH only a quiet return flight, then also short jerky brake tests. Conclusion: The sensors seem to be sensitive to this update, which is the lightest wind triggered wild counter-actions. It would be appropriate for RC and Copter P4 to reintroduce the rollback function in the APP and the Flightassistant.
Weather data of Merching / Germany: Wind 4km / h / Temp: 22Grad C full sun.
2017-7-16
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5256 ft
United States

9 days unflyable and no option to roll back with my DJI assistant2.
2017-7-16
Use props
pllphoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I definitely made a mistake updating... I'm having the same issues as everyone else.
2017-7-16
Use props
usarfireman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79957 ft
United Kingdom

I have emailed support as well as leaving messages on forum as they may actually read the email as I don't think they check the forum as much
2017-7-16
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

pllphoto Posted at 2017-7-16 05:18
So I definitely made a mistake updating... I'm having the same issues as everyone else.

Sorry about your mistake. After updating I have all the issues described here too. All. I really envy people who say they have no issues after the firmware update.........but ........is their threshold of tolerance to flight and gimbal behavior or image quality the same than mine? How many of them has done as many test as me after updating? How many of them are simply DJI groupies?. Sincerly, as so many different people having the same issues worldwide I can't believe anybody having no issues.
2017-7-16
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

JockC Posted at 2017-7-14 21:10

Me too makes no difference. I really want to use my Drone next week hope they can fix this issues or to downgrade and use it until the problems are solved. It could be done in the past
2017-7-16
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

F.KOK Posted at 2017-7-16 09:33
Me too makes no difference. I really want to use my Drone next week hope they can fix this issues or to downgrade and use it until the problems are solved. It could be done in the past

I wasn't in the air for 3 minutes before I noticed all these new firmware issues too,
Luckily, I;ve been able to downgrade firmware & she's flying as before,rock solid, might be just me but seems faster too.
I;m not even going to think about upgrading again!
2017-7-16
Use props
Cian McLiam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 366496 ft
Ireland

fans987d278a Posted at 2017-7-16 09:46
I wasn't in the air for 3 minutes before I noticed all these new firmware issues too,
Luckily, I;ve been able to downgrade firmware & she's flying as before,rock solid, might be just me but seems faster too.

How were you able to downgrade?
2017-7-16
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Yes how were you able to downgrade
2017-7-16
Use props
fans978c4f59
New
United States

Pathetic. And, I see no response from DJI. I'm lucky-this has only been a problem for me for the last two weeks, as I haven't used my drone since this. It worked fine....until the upgrade was forced on me. I did try calling, and was told to simply downgrade using the "assistant"-but we all know that doesn't work.
There appears to be no solution here....which probably explains why DJI is so silent.
I won't bore people with re-iterating what they are seeing.....it's the same crap I'm seeing.
Let's see:  who else makes drones?  A real shame. I really thought this was a nice machine.
2017-7-16
Use props
JCJMC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2122467 ft
Spain

The same thing happened to me since the last update, video cuts, signal cuts and shakes. I have only tried to record in 4k. At 30fps.
I do not understand how DJI can get firmware so little worked.
2017-7-16
Use props
Jgrimmy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90653 ft

United States

How did you downgrade?
2017-7-16
Use props
AerialImageryMe
lvl.2
United States

I have heard of two work-arounds for this. Let us know if it works

1. Easy - Let the drone sit after start up. It will record home point.....let it sit, wait until you get the "ready to fly" message. (I have not tried this, but that is one thing I have not seen since update. I just take off after home point is set. I also noticed it records another home point just after liftoff.)

2. A little more work - Refresh firmware update WITHOUT a SD card in aircraft. Then do the IMU and compass calibration. IMU on flat ground, floor or table. Compass outside no where near metal (metal is in a lot of sidewalks). Then fly the drone to test it out WITHOUT a SD card. If it works, land it, shut it down and put in SD card. (I am working on this one right now, will let you all know if it works.)
2017-7-16
Use props
Jgrimmy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90653 ft

United States

Updated firmware, calibrated everything, relinked.  Now.......

1.  I receive the message IMU error-recalibrate message briefly every time I start, It goes away after a few seconds.  I have calibrated it several times.
2. It seems to be very aggressive in flight, The front props are appearing in the video on forward flight, this has never happened before in P mode.
3. Unstable hover.
4. Constant wind warnings!!!  In nearly perfectly still air.

What have you done to my perfectly stable smooth flying P4?
2017-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules