Water Damaged Phantom 3 Pro + LED 1 Flashing issue
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZFK_Visuals
lvl.1
Canada

Hey Guys,

Just looking for some input/wisdom. I was flying my Phantom 3 over Lake Ontario about 5 days ago and crashed into a tree filming someone flyboarding. The drone dropped into the water and I had to grab it out, it spent probably 5 minutes in the water. I blow dried it, let it sit in the sun to remove the small amount of condensation in the camera and for the remainder of the time it has been buried in rice in it's box in my cool basement. I have been feeling pretty optimistic that the drone would live again as there was no mechanical damage, only water damage. I know obviously the battery used at the time in the drone is a write-off and not safe to use again so I just pulled the drone out today to see if it would start up without the props with the spare battery I have. So after throwing the battery in and starting up the drone has no power and the battery just sits there flashing LED 1 (light furthest from red light) with what appears to be no power to the rest of the body of the drone. Upon trying to charge the spare battery it does the same thing on the charger, allowing all lights to flash in sync as if it's charging twice and then going back to flashing LED 1. This has me wondering if it's a battery problem and not the drone itself. I checked the manual for the LED codes and there's nothing pertaining to LED 1 flashing besides very low battery - however you'd think the battery would be trying to charge at that point? If someone could further educate me on whether or not the battery is toast or not that would be great thanks, as I've previously had batteries die for no reason and have had to send them back.
2017-7-8
Use props
Drushgavnush
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Battery is toast ,it's not the fresh one you tried you phantom with is it ?
2017-7-9
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

If you haven't used that battery at all for a while, you might find it has gone into hibernation (especially if you put it away fully discharged), and will take a while on the charger before it starts responding normally.  You could also try "double-tapping" the power button to turn it on first, then plug it in to the charger.  If you are storing batteries for any long period they should be left half-charged, or fully charged and let the battery self discharge to an appropriate voltage for storage.  Fully charged or empty batteries can swell in storage.
2017-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules