Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"Switch WLAN Settings"
12Next >
24727 50 2017-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparky Mike
lvl.3
United States

Essentially every time I start everything up now, I get:
Switch WLAN settings
Your aircraft if flying in different country/region. Aircraft will reset its WLAN saettings in accordance with local regulations. Please connect later.
Cancel / OK

If I hit Cancel i can go ahead and fly. If I hit OK it just disconnects the WIFI connection.

I'm sick of having to cancel this message. Anyone know what it is and how to get rid of it? I searched the forums and I don't see anything about it.

Thanks in advance...
2017-7-8
Use props
kasei
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118399 ft
Germany

i had that too, when messing with the simulator. Apparantly the simultated area is in Huizhou China (Thats what my flight log says !?) before and after the simulation i get botherd with this wifi notification. probably because im in CE ad its has to switch from SRRC. But i dont know why the simulator has to be in an other place.
2017-7-8
Use props
Ken-W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I kept getting this when I was in Singapore as well. An extremely annoying and distressing experience. Not once, but practically every time I powered up the Spark. I'm back in Dubai now and have no such problems again.
2017-7-9
Use props
danangvai
New
Flight distance : 341 ft
Indonesia

i have same problem
i cant' find wifi when beep twice
it must beep three times then wifi found

so i always reset wifi when i go fly
help me
2017-7-9
Use props
djiuser_FTxf6jG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34308 ft
Singapore

Had the same problem.. found the fix... hold button do the 9 secs wifi reset thingy.. and reconnect ur RC or Wifi.. the popout didn't appear no more!
2017-7-21
Use props
tonicboy
lvl.1
Indonesia

djiuser_FTxf6jG Posted at 2017-7-21 08:31
Had the same problem.. found the fix... hold button do the 9 secs wifi reset thingy.. and reconnect ur RC or Wifi.. the popout didn't appear no more!

Can you provide some more details on the exact process you used?  What is this 9 second wifi reset thingy?
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

tonicboy Posted at 2017-9-20 01:31
Can you provide some more details on the exact process you used?  What is this 9 second wifi reset thingy?

Reset the wifi: Press the power button of RC for 9 seconds and you will hear 3 beeps. Please have a try and keep us updated. Thanks.
2017-9-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

This message usually appears when the RC and Spark have been set to a different WiFi standard than is applicable for the region you are in. E.g. RC and Spark have been set to FCC mode (a very nice mode by the way ) but you are located in the CE (not a nice mode ) region.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

danangvai Posted at 2017-7-9 18:35
i have same problem
i cant' find wifi when beep twice
it must beep three times then wifi found

Please tell me your model of device, if you use a Android phone, please change your channel to 2.4G.
2017-9-20
Use props
Tommy Vu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4564 ft
Vietnam

For me, I just hit Cancel because I wanna keep FCC mode instead of relocation to EC mode ( in Vietnam ).
2017-9-20
Use props
Katinko
New
Flight distance : 48858 ft
Philippines

I live in the philippines i have this problem too. i accidentally pressed ok. now my ac and rc wont pair. i need help. the tech support has no idea what they are doing, they keep advising me to update my firmware. i did all the steps but they were not helpful.
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Katinko Posted at 2017-10-30 15:03
I live in the philippines i have this problem too. i accidentally pressed ok. now my ac and rc wont pair. i need help. the tech support has no idea what they are doing, they keep advising me to update my firmware. i did all the steps but they were not helpful.

Katinko, did you try to reboot the drone and then relink the RC? Please watch the following video and try again. Please keep us updated if the problem remains.
2017-10-30
Use props
Katinko
New
Flight distance : 48858 ft
Philippines

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-30 20:24
Katinko, did you try to reboot the drone and then relink the RC? Please watch the following video and try again. Please keep us updated if the problem remains.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOi9WiS-PF8&t=105s

yes. the problem remains. thank you for replying DJI Elektra.
2017-11-6
Use props
UncleManuel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4104 ft
Germany

Well, I've got the same crap going on: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D438%26typeid%3D438

A reinstall of GO 4 (Samsung Galaxy S6) and WLAN reset/reconnect with the controller didn't resolve the problem.

Interesting sidenote: with no internet connection (flight mode) the message does NOT pop up. Hmmm...

And since there's no Cancel-button: simply hit return on your phone! I did that and my Spark did nothing. It was still connected and I could fly without a problem...
2017-11-6
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
Flight distance : 12132231 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hmm, so what if i buy another RC in the USA or China, is that set as default to FCC ? In that case i love to get that message....  
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Katinko Posted at 2017-11-6 09:03
yes. the problem remains. thank you for replying DJI Elektra.

The problem will be reflected to our engineers. Thanks for your patience.
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

JJBspark Posted at 2017-11-6 11:00
Hmm, so what if i buy another RC in the USA or China, is that set as default to FCC ? In that case i love to get that message....

Please do not feel worry about it. I believe that it will be solved.
2017-11-7
Use props
Borg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 355482 ft
Argentina

Hello Elektra, do you know how to tell if the regulation that is configured is FCC or EU?
2017-11-15
Use props
Borg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 355482 ft
Argentina

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-7 00:41
Please do not feel worry about it. I believe that it will be solved.

Hello Elektra, do you know how to tell if the regulation that is configured is FCC or EU?
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Borg Posted at 2017-11-15 13:55

Please note that FCC certification is the US mandatory certification but CE is the EU mandatory certification. Here are some countries using CE certification: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Luxembourg, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway.
2017-11-16
Use props
N8m888
First Officer
Flight distance : 80535 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-16 00:55
Please note that FCC certification is the US mandatory certification but CE is the EU mandatory certification. Here are some countries using CE certification: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Luxembourg, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway.

Elektra do you know if Mauritius comes under CE or FCC regulation ?
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

N8m888 Posted at 2017-11-16 01:03
Elektra do you know if Mauritius comes under CE or FCC regulation ?

Please note that AC will choose the certification automatically. You don't need to manually change it. Thanks for your support.
2017-11-21
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Borg Posted at 2017-11-15 13:55

You can check it yourself on the display of the 2.4 Ghz WiFi channels. If you see 11 channels, it is on FCC. If you see 13 channels, it is on CE.
2017-11-21
Use props
fanscb08d02b
New
Myanmar

I have P3 SE , after upgrade the firmware this notification is coming out. But only  OK, Not CANCEL..
2017-12-11
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

I m in a no "nice zone" lol
2017-12-11
Use props
fansd5ba182b
Flight distance : 454751 ft
Kuwait

This is a fix for a common problem in android phones if you can't the Rc wifi after the Rc connect to spark or if you can't link yor Rc to spar
1-  turn on the Rc
2- reset the Rc ( long press  the power button for 9 seconds )
3- turn off the Rc
4- turn on spark
5- long press the battry for 6 seconds till you hear 2 beeps
6- turn off spark
7- turn on spark then long press battry button for 9 seconds till you hear 3 beeps
8- turn off spark
9- turn on spark then press the battery for 6 seconds till you hear 2 beeps
10- now press the battrey bitton for 3 seconds till you hear 1 beep
11- turn on the Rc
12- press the puase , fn and the custom button ( right side behind capture button ) all together
13- problem solved and now you can link your phone to the Rc and spark

2017-12-31
Use props
Pe11e
lvl.1
Serbia

Hello all!

Well, I bought Spark two days ago, and yesterday I spent THE WHOLE DAY trying to link the RC to the Spark, and when I finally succeeded and hit GO FLY, it shows SWITCH WLAN SETTINGS dialog, and I pressed OK simply because I didn't know what it means. After that all went downhill, couldn't link the RC to the Spark again, and even both of them didn't showed on a Wi-Fi list on my smartphone.

Well I finally solved the issue! It connects to the RC normally , and when that nasty dialog appears, I just hit BACK on my phone, dialog goes away and I can hit GO FLY, everything seems fine. No disconnects at all.

Follow these steps:
1. DOWNGRADE the Spark firmware to the previous version (.800). I did it via the app. Make sure your drone is fully charged or at least has 60% of battery.
2. DOWNGRADE the RC firmware also to the previous version (.300). I did it also via the app.

When it finishes follow the steps from the post above (HARD RESET PROCEDURE):
1-  turn on the Rc
2- reset the Rc ( long press  the power button for 9 seconds )
3- turn off the Rc
4- turn on spark
5- long press the battry for 6 seconds till you hear 2 beeps
6- turn off spark
7- turn on spark then long press battry button for 9 seconds till you hear 3 beeps
8- turn off spark
9- turn on spark then press the battery for 6 seconds till you hear 2 beeps
10- now press the battrey bitton for 3 seconds till you hear 1 beep
11- turn on the Rc
12- press the pause , fn and the custom button ( right side behind capture button ) all together for a 2-3 seconds until it starts beeping
13- now it should link your phone to the Rc and spark

14. connect to the RC, start the APP, hit GO FLY and when dialog appears just hit cancel or BACK on your smartphone!!! Sometimes dialog will appear before you hit GO FLY so be careful to NOT accidentally press OK! If you do, I think you must follow the hard reset procedure again.

Now I'm not sure should I update the RC and Spark firmware again? I have a feeling it will broke the link again.

2018-2-10
Use props
fans3040fc02
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32828 ft
Denmark

Hi DJI Elektra

What is the status of this error?

I use a Samsung note3 and the simulator close down after this message.
2018-4-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans3040fc02 Posted at 2018-4-1 02:27
Hi DJI Elektra

What is the status of this error?

Are you getting message Switch WLAN Settings? I would recommend you click OK and follow the local certificate as drone will choose the certificate automatically. Thanks for your support.
2018-4-1
Use props
fans54b75360
lvl.1
Flight distance : 814 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-1 03:09
Are you getting message Switch WLAN Settings? I would recommend you click OK and follow the local certificate as drone will choose the certificate automatically. Thanks for your support.

Still waiting for this to happen. dont understand how long it normally takes to automatically switch WLAN. does it happen instantly or over 24hrs ? AIRCRAFT IS LOCKED..
2018-4-26
Use props
SparkChog
Captain
Flight distance : 500554 ft
Philippines

Tommy Vu Posted at 2017-9-20 08:07
For me, I just hit Cancel because I wanna keep FCC mode instead of relocation to EC mode ( in Vietnam ).

are you saying that if you see "Switch WLAN Settings" on your phone while connecting means your rc is in FCC mode even if you didn't modify it to FCC?

Cos I have the same experience as OP, haven't tried anything (CE or FCC) but the "Switch WLAN Settings" always pop up everytime before flying.
2018-4-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans54b75360 Posted at 2018-4-26 16:11
Still waiting for this to happen. dont understand how long it normally takes to automatically switch WLAN. does it happen instantly or over 24hrs ? AIRCRAFT IS LOCKED..

You are changing a country or region to fly your drone, right? Can you provide a screenshot of your image screen? Thanks for your support.
2018-5-5
Use props
djiuser_SxFGHhSFulCx
New

Singapore

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-5 01:55
You are changing a country or region to fly your drone, right? Can you provide a screenshot of your image screen? Thanks for your support.

Unfortunately, pressing the ok button leads to complete loss of connection. And with the recent update you cannot hit the "back" button on android phone to make it go away. So Spark combo is no more useable on android...
2018-6-3
Use props
ilijasam
New
Serbia

Same here.
I've been trying to connect them for 4 days , still no success...
I've downgraded firmware on rc and saw no changes in performance.
it works for about 2 minutes, than prompts this message, and i can't find rc wifi ssid anymore.
i have redmi note 4x.
I've also tried with samsung galaxy 7 edge . same happened there.
otg cable connection also doesn't work.

Please help
2018-6-27
Use props
ilijasam
New
Serbia

Same here.
I've been trying to connect them for 4 days , still no success...
I've downgraded firmware on rc and saw no changes in performance.
it works for about 2 minutes, than prompts this message, and i can't find rc wifi ssid anymore.
i have redmi note 4x.
I've also tried with samsung galaxy 7 edge . same happened there.
otg cable connection also doesn't work.

Please help
2018-6-27
Use props
Mirek6
First Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-1 03:09

DJI Elektra,

That's true - drone will change certification and adjust. But what if you are in your own country, you fly your drone there and you need to change its default settings to this country so that annoying pop-up is not displayed every time you connect to your drone.

For example - my drone was sent for repairs and DJI sent me back refurbished one. Refurbished drone was flying before in other country so every time I connect to it it displays the annoying message.

How do I reset its settings so it accepts my country as default country now and stops complaining?

Mirek
2018-6-27
Use props
djiuser_N0T0ucnGjj1D
lvl.1

I have this same problem. I live in Canada. I have to click OK and reset my wifi settings every time I fly. Annoying.
2018-8-25
Use props
Faiz Sagor
New

Bangladesh

DJI Elektra Posted at 4-1 03:09

After clicking OK connection btn RC and AC got disconnected. Now please tell us how the drone will choose the certificate automatically. Thank You
2018-11-3
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Faiz Sagor Posted at 11-3 10:06
After clicking OK connection btn RC and AC got disconnected. Now please tell us how the drone will choose the certificate automatically. Thank You

Usually the app is choosing by GPS location, mate.
The app "sees" a different country, as it was for the last flight checks if the country is FCC or SRRC, and choses FCC or SRRC or for all others, which is not FCC or SRRC  it switches to CE (except Japan, there it is Mic  = CE power and only 2.4, no 5.8 band).
And this is  the setting that gets active during the reset.
As I mentioned: "usually"
2018-11-3
Use props
avereza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11516381 ft

Brazil

Hello,
I have this same problem. I live in Brazil. I have to click OK, there´s no "Cancel" option and than the aircraft disconnects from RC.
But if I hit "GO FLY" before the message appears, than the app works, but only shows 10 channels as you can see in the attached screenshot. In this case I´m able to fly.
Anyone have seen this before?

Thanks

2018-12-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules