Firmware update v1.11.20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdd381d98
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4252 ft
United States

Tried updating Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.11.20, but all I got was an error on the aircraft  update. Now getting blinking red light on the front of the aircraft after the blinking from red to green. IWhen I restart and attempt again, it goes quicker through the cycle but goes back to incessant beep and the red light.

any idea what i need to do here?
2017-7-8
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

Did you put the unzipped firmware on the sd drive ?  Is the firmware the correct size and for the phantom 3 pro ?
2017-7-8
Use props
fans02e80b88
New
United States

I also updated to the latest controller update and firmware for the P3Pro. I now cannot fly at all. When i try to take off it says it is initialzing the IMU and to wait. I did wait. 40 minutes and nothing happened.
2017-7-8
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

I would start fresh / shut down everything, D/load the new FW 1.11.02 to a folder of your choice, unzip it in the same folder. Using the computer due a fresh format of your micro sd card then copy the unzipped .bin file to your micro SD card from the computer, eject the sd card from computer. Insert the sd card into the P3P then power up the copter, it should go through a series of beeps and the LED on the gimbal should start flashing alternately red/green during the install phase. When complete the LED on the gimbal will be solid green with a different set of beeps which will continue until you power down the copter, shut down the copter, remove the sd card and re-insert it into the computer, the only thing that should be on the sd card is the DCIM folder, the original .bin file and a newly generated .txt file, open the .txt file bottom line of the file should read success. Re-format the sd card while it is still in the computer ( do not insert the card without re-formatting , insert the sd card back into the copter), if you made it this far it is good.

This is what I did to get the new FW 1.11.02 to work, I have to turn my P3P on in sequence, first I turn on the controller, then the copter, when they are up and I plug my Droid ( I phone the same ) phone into the USB port on the controller, it automatically opens the Go App,
now you will see it wants to update the controller FW, follow the steps indicated once complete there will be no video d/link with a warning flashing red top bar of the app, tap it, scroll down to link RC, tap, window opens saying you have around 50 second to link the copter to the controller, on the left side of the copter where the visioning position slots are located you will see to pinholes the one on the left end is an LED the next one in is the link button, press and gold that in using a paperclip for 2-5 seconds then let it go, the app will say it is now linked but you still will not have Video link or a very weak link. Power everything down again. Now turn on the system in sequence as before you will get the same warning (red) in the top bar of the app, you need to link the copter to the controller one more time using the same procedure as described, once you hold the link button down for 2-5 seconds again for the second time when you release it you should link up again and have Video d/link, update your home point.
Don't forget to check your manual settings like RTH altitude, beginners mode off ect.
Power everything down one more time and restart, all should be OK at this point
2017-7-8
Use props
fans8bb178b8
New
Flight distance : 3917231 ft
United States

mine did that.  i had to recalibrate the sticks a number of times for some reason.  it also did something with all my settings.  like it was on beginner mode and limited altitude and range. but all was switched off.  weird.
2017-7-13
Use props
fans8bb178b8
New
Flight distance : 3917231 ft
United States

fans8bb178b8 Posted at 2017-7-13 16:02
mine did that.  i had to recalibrate the sticks a number of times for some reason.  it also did something with all my settings.  like it was on beginner mode and limited altitude and range. but all was switched off.  weird.

why does this thing think im a beginner?  i know i have a slow learning curve but geezz...787727 + a lot more distance that has not been syncd for about a year.
2017-7-13
Use props
Phantom One
First Officer
Flight distance : 135299 ft
United States

fans8bb178b8 Posted at 2017-7-13 16:09
why does this thing think im a beginner?  i know i have a slow learning curve but geezz...787727 + a lot more distance that has not been syncd for about a year.

Definitely something wrong there..   
2017-7-13
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

fans8bb178b8 Posted at 2017-7-13 16:09

Nothing wrong there.  How on earth is the system supposed to know you have a lot of flight experience if you don't sync and share your activity?  You get promoted based on your involvement with the system, such as posting and replying on the forum.
2017-7-13
Use props
DVD Mansion
lvl.2
Canada

QuadKid Posted at 2017-7-8 15:16
I would start fresh / shut down everything, D/load the new FW 1.11.02 to a folder of your choice, unzip it in the same folder. Using the computer due a fresh format of your micro sd card then copy the unzipped .bin file to your micro SD card from the computer, eject the sd card from computer. Insert the sd card into the P3P then power up the copter, it should go through a series of beeps and the LED on the gimbal should start flashing alternately red/green during the install phase. When complete the LED on the gimbal will be solid green with a different set of beeps which will continue until you power down the copter, shut down the copter, remove the sd card and re-insert it into the computer, the only thing that should be on the sd card is the DCIM folder, the original .bin file and a newly generated .txt file, open the .txt file bottom line of the file should read success. Re-format the sd card while it is still in the computer ( do not insert the card without re-formatting , insert the sd card back into the copter), if you made it this far it is good.

This is what I did to get the new FW 1.11.02 to work, I have to turn my P3P on in sequence, first I turn on the controller, then the copter, when they are up and I plug my Droid ( I phone the same ) phone into the USB port on the controller, it automatically opens the Go App,

Mine will not update I tried all you stated :-( I formatted the card I copied the new file to the card & then inserted in the copter it goes through the routine but fails, the sound is solid with a red light after it is done so now I am lost & can't even use the drone :-( please help
2017-8-9
Use props
Gino Carpio
New

United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-7-8 15:16
I would start fresh / shut down everything, D/load the new FW 1.11.02 to a folder of your choice, unzip it in the same folder. Using the computer due a fresh format of your micro sd card then copy the unzipped .bin file to your micro SD card from the computer, eject the sd card from computer. Insert the sd card into the P3P then power up the copter, it should go through a series of beeps and the LED on the gimbal should start flashing alternately red/green during the install phase. When complete the LED on the gimbal will be solid green with a different set of beeps which will continue until you power down the copter, shut down the copter, remove the sd card and re-insert it into the computer, the only thing that should be on the sd card is the DCIM folder, the original .bin file and a newly generated .txt file, open the .txt file bottom line of the file should read success. Re-format the sd card while it is still in the computer ( do not insert the card without re-formatting , insert the sd card back into the copter), if you made it this far it is good.

This is what I did to get the new FW 1.11.02 to work, I have to turn my P3P on in sequence, first I turn on the controller, then the copter, when they are up and I plug my Droid ( I phone the same ) phone into the USB port on the controller, it automatically opens the Go App,

i cant get my p3p to initiate the update. any ideas?
2018-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules