Gesture mode follow lost track of me
1167 6 2017-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DGold21
lvl.1
United States

Testing out gesture mode today, I did the palm launch, hand gesture, and sent it away to follow me. I was walking around and it was follwing just fine, then maybe a gust of wind or something caused it to lose track of me. At this point, I was unable to regain the tracking, and wasn't able to use the Y gesture or hand to bring it back to me, despite several attempts. It just hovered there, about 10 ft up. I had to turn on the RC controller to get it to RTH so I could control it and land. Is there some other way to restore the tracking in gesture mode when it's not at eye level?
2017-7-8
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Normally the spark should land when there is no connected device, the spark isn’t tracking you and palm control isn’t active.
IMG_6635.PNG
2017-7-8
Use props
DGold21
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for that...it definitely did not descend after 60 s, it was a good few minutes it hung there before I went for the controller. I suppose it's possible that it thought it was tracking me but was just tracking a spot on the ground, the lights would cycle from green to red to yellow in no pattern that I could discern. Either that or it just malfunctioned.
2017-7-9
Use props
Interloper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 251824 ft
United Kingdom

I have had this. The lights showed green but the drone just hung there unresponsive. Had to wait the short time it takes for the battery level to trigger a landing.
2017-7-9
Use props
sagigeva
lvl.1
Flight distance : 576319 ft
United States

They have many issues with this mode, it is not working well. It happened to me as well, unfortunately I didn't have the RC or phone with me at the time. The Spark took off and just started flying sideways away from me. within 5 seconds it was 200 feet away. Unfortunately I was by a lake and it just dove into it without me being able to save it. So much for my lake selfie...
DJI won't take responsibility and claim it is my fault, although it wasn't...
2017-7-14
Use props
Mimus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284770 ft
United States

quattrod Posted at 2017-7-19 12:59
HI, I had the same problem. I haven't found any solutions without RC.

same here,  hence when flying gesture always have a remote or phone connected just in case
2017-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules