Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Trackimo on P2V+v3
2544 14 2015-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tolanid

United States

This first week with P2v+v3 has been a BLAST.  I hope it continues.  So to make sure nothing changes and I don't have flyaway issue I have been collecting a good list of recommendations from all of you guys here (more are always welcome and appreciated).  I would love to know what you screwed up so I don't do the same if you don't mind sharing :>  
Anyway - to make sure I don't lose this I have ordered the trackimo which should be delivered tomorrow.  Has anyone used trackimo?  Any thought on it?  Where did you put it? On top or bottom on the landing "legs"?  Did you use magnet to attach it, noticed any interference?  Did you see it in action when it was in the air?  Any input will be greatly appreciated.  
2015-3-19
Use props
droneflyers.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I reviewed one - but it stopped working after the first day!
I had to return it. BUT, I have another one on the way to try again.

http://droneflyers.com/talk/thre ... tracker-review.788/

I can tell you this much. If it works....it's pretty good. If you need tech support from the maker - forget it! I was going on two weeks in terms of getting an answer to my problems and they still didn't get it.
2015-3-19
Use props
JATO
Second Officer

United States

I use a Trackimo. Sometimes it is mounted on the legs sometimes under the battery. Don't use the magnetic mount it will interfere with the compass.

http://jatobservatory.org/misc/UAV/webpage/UAS.htm#Trackimo
2015-3-19
Use props
MAD In NC
lvl.3

United States

My brother lost his V2 to a true flyaway last week so I expedited a Trackimo

I was in contact with the NorthAmerican Pres before I bought mine    Responded in 4 hrs to next day.   

Device received yesterday and I placed it on the Gimbal saver I have it behind and unerneath the camera tie wrapped between the legs.  Velcro'd it to the CF Gimbal saver on the right rear corner (no obstruction with the camera at all) and added a tie wrap for good measure.

I've seen other pics of mounting behind camera Gimbal mount, underneath the battery on top of the QCode.  My goal was to get a different GPS lock if a crash occurs.

I haven't flown yet as its raining the next few days and hope is NAZA-M compensates for the weight shift
2015-3-19
Use props
buzzcbr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 316545 ft
United Kingdom

MAD In NC Posted at 2015-3-20 02:23

I was in contact with  ...

Im guessing that if it crashed it wont sit as though it landed so under battery should be just fine?.
2015-3-19
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.3

United States

These locators wont cause any interference with the phantom?
2015-3-19
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.4

United States

Jerdel Posted at 2015-3-20 05:56
These locators wont cause any interference with the phantom?

No. I have been using Trackimo now for 3 months using velcro mounted under the battery with no problems, even when flying 2 miles away. I turn mine off when not using it and try to remember to turn it on about 30mins before flight, but even when I turn it on 5mins before flight it only takes about 15mins to start getting good tracking.
I really like trackimo and think it is one of the best trackers for a Phantom as long as you are in areas with cell phone service. There is a tracker called Marco Polo that does not require any cell service but it only has a 2000ft range in suburban areas and it is said to have 2 mile range when in line of site.
2015-3-19
Use props
tolanid

United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-3-20 01:47
I reviewed one - but it stopped working after the first day!
I had to return it. BUT, I have another ...

I loved your review.  Thanks for a very thorough job.  I'll check it out and hope it works.  I got the app already and now its just waiting for the unit to come   Thanks
2015-3-19
Use props
tolanid

United States

JATO Posted at 2015-3-20 02:18
I use a Trackimo. Sometimes it is mounted on the legs sometimes under the battery. Don't use the mag ...

Using the supplied Velco is a great idea.  I'll do the same and I'm staying away from any magnetic mount.  Thanks.
2015-3-19
Use props
tolanid

United States

MAD In NC Posted at 2015-3-20 02:23

I was in contact with  ...

That's interesting thought about the weight compensation.  I think it should easily do that.  I used up 3 batteries twice today since the weather was nice.  I'll try to recreate that with the trackimo when it comes this weekend.

Thanks
2015-3-19
Use props
tolanid

United States

stock12to32 Posted at 2015-3-20 06:40
No. I have been using Trackimo now for 3 months using velcro mounted under the battery with no pro ...

Good to hear that you love the trackimo.  Its good to know that someone has first hand positive experience.  I'm assuming you didn't need their support staff and it worked out of the box.  Droneflyers.com did an excellent review and I'm hoping he just got a lemon.  I got my fingers crossed.  Thanks for sharing your input
2015-3-19
Use props
MAD In NC
lvl.3

United States

tolanid@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-20 08:23
That's interesting thought about the weight compensation.  I think it should easily do that.  I us ...

check with another member who mounted his on the right rear leg - he said no issues with compensation/ correction so I'm charging batteries today!

2015-3-21
Use props
HermosaDrones
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had my Trackimo for several months now.  It works as advertised except when i went to Ecuador.  I had to email them about it not working and then it some how started to work in Ecuador.  I have it ping its location once an hour when sitting, then use the app on my phone to have it ping every 5 minutes when flying.  If there is GSM coverage where you are it works well.
2015-3-24
Use props
samwisewonder
New

United States

stock12to32 Posted at 2015-3-19 16:40
No. I have been using Trackimo now for 3 months using velcro mounted under the battery with no pro ...

How do you attach the velcro to the underside of the battery, glue?  Or is that small patch with the adhesive, strong enough to secure the Tackimo in place? Also, what about the ground sensor? Wouldn't that block the ground sensor? I was thinking above the battery, but the curviture of the body is too deep for the velcro to adhere. I bought this with the idea that the DJI had a stock solution.
   What about these platforms that  connect between the landing gear? What are you thoughts on those?

2015-11-6
Use props
gustofusion
lvl.4
United States

Hi, we have a trackimo mounting platform for the P3 with a built in gimbal guard here
http://hypedphoto.com/q500mods/i ... imo-mount-platform/

2016-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules