Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Micro USB port on charging hub
5287 6 2017-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bcharleson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 521811 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey all (and DJI),
I have searched around the manual and the forums and cannot seem to find the information. But I saw there is a micro USB port on the charging hub (the one that charges three batteries) in addition to the regular wall charger.. Has anyone used this or knows what this is used for? My impression is that it can be used to plug in a battery pack to charge the three batteries (which would be nice) but thought I’d ask the community.

Thanks.
2017-7-8
Use props
Sparky21
New
Flight distance : 33415 ft
United States

In the manual it is for Firmware upgrades for the charger. You can't use it to plug an external batter to charge your Spark batteries.
2017-7-8
Use props
Kloo Gee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the 3 battery charging hub and on the power brick itself, there are 2 regular full sized USB ports on it.  I've used them to charge my phone as well as charge the Spark itself.  I have 4 batteries.  So I can charge 3 of them in the charging hub itself and then put one battery in the Spark and connect it via the USB on the power brick the  to micro USB on the Spark.
2017-7-8
Use props
bcharleson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 521811 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome, thanks for the feedback!
2017-7-8
Use props
fans25d6142a
New
Flight distance : 2805 ft
Malaysia

Sparky21 Posted at 2017-7-8 19:49
In the manual it is for Firmware upgrades for the charger. You can't use it to plug an external batter to charge your Spark batteries.

Is there any firmware upgrades for the Battery Charging Hub? How do we get it upgraded?
2017-7-9
Use props
Ken-W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

fans25d6142a Posted at 2017-7-9 01:42
Is there any firmware upgrades for the Battery Charging Hub? How do we get it upgraded?

Not right now, but perhaps some may come in the future.
2017-7-9
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans25d6142a Posted at 2017-7-9 01:42

They (DJI) have the same port on the Mavic charging hub and there has never been an update.
2017-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules