1367 4 2017-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

This message comes up every now and then and I have always ignored it.  What does it mean and what should I do about it?  

Thanks,

2017-7-8
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Is there any chance that you are moving the Mavic immediately after turning it on. The Mavic needs to do some internal checking after startup and it needs to be stationery for this to occur correctly.
2017-7-8
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-7-8 21:44
Is there any chance that you are moving the Mavic immediately after turning it on. The Mavic needs to do some internal checking after startup and it needs to be stationery for this to occur correctly.

Yes I do.  I will slow it down next time.  Thanks for the help.
2017-7-9
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

By any chance is yours an older Mavic? Some of them had a problem with a noisy rear compass that occurs when there's a lot of current (e.g., in sport mode), and I believe the message just means that the aircraft detected a (probably rear) compass problem and switched to the other one (the Mavic has two). Assuming that's the problem then you can choose to just ignore the message, fly in a way that uses less current, or you can arrange to have the wires twisted that'll reduce the compass noise as described in this thread.
2017-7-9
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-7-9 08:41
By any chance is yours an older Mavic? Some of them had a problem with a noisy rear compass that occurs when there's a lot of current (e.g., in sport mode), and I believe the message just means that the aircraft detected a (probably rear) compass problem and switched to the other one (the Mavic has two). Assuming that's the problem then you can choose to just ignore the message, fly in a way that uses less current, or you can arrange to have the wires twisted that'll reduce the compass noise as described in this thread.

Indeed mine is what I would call one of the first ones (early december), as long as it flies well I would leave it alone for now and maybe do the mod later on.

Thanks,
2017-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules