Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No need to thank us for our understanding, Mindy:

We understand that DJI’s priority is releasing new products on a frequent basis.
We understand that products are released before they are fully market ready.
We understand that we Consumers are part of the Beta development team.
We understand that there is little competition to threaten DJI.

We understand all of this - we would just like the problem fixing to be given a higher priority.

2017-11-10
Use props
DALLEN
lvl.2
United States

You can add me to the list of new owners of i2/X5S with an off-center camera.

I could have sworn I saw somewhere a DJI/Mindy workflow for re-centering it by doing some calibration with the propellers off and the rig laid back  by tiling it backwards 90 degrees.
2017-11-10
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

For god sake, I went trough this hell with my Phantom 4 Pro and now I got the same issue on my Inspire 2 all of a sudden(prob from last update) that cost me 12K overall, this is unacceptable for a PROFESSIONAL platform, please extend my deepest disappointment to the devs too.
The earlier the update the better but will never be soon enough, this stuff SHOULD NOT HAPPEN, I honestly don't have time to waste when I'm working, on the opposite I never got enough thus when I click the "YAW RESET" button I expect it to be centered rather than having the bird come back to check how much trim I should apply.
At this pace of carelessness if and when another solid competitor arises DJI is gonna lose a huge chunk of customers in my humble opinion and that's a pity because technologically speaking the products are awesome.

2017-11-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Elettrone78 Posted at 2017-11-11 03:21
For god sake, I went trough this hell with my Phantom 4 Pro and now I got the same issue on my Inspire 2 all of a sudden(prob from last update) that cost me 12K overall, this is unacceptable for a PROFESSIONAL platform, please extend my deepest disappointment to the devs too.
The earlier the update the better but will never be soon enough, this stuff SHOULD NOT HAPPEN, I honestly don't have time to waste when I'm working, on the opposite I never got enough thus when I click the "YAW RESET" button I expect it to be centered rather than having the bird come back to check how much trim I should apply.
At this pace of carelessness if and when another solid competitor arises DJI is gonna lose a huge chunk of customers in my humble opinion and that's a pity because technologically speaking the products are awesome.

Please try to flash the firmware of your I2 by DJI Assistant 2. And the next firmware will fix this problem. Thanks for your support and sorry for the trouble it causes.
2017-11-11
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-11 03:38
Please try to flash the firmware of your I2 by DJI Assistant 2. If the problem remains, you can send it back for further calibration. And the next firmware will fix this problem. Thanks for your support and sorry for the trouble it causes.

I'll try that but I'm actually working with it so sending it in for calibration is not an option right now.
Anyway sometimes it centers correctly but drifts slowly to the left.
2017-11-11
Use props
fans6197024f
lvl.4
Poland

When?? When will be this update of the firmware? Because this last one is by 5 months. People of this strange company - DJI, we are earning money with this equipment, and we need it right now!!
2017-11-11
Use props
IntrepidDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3620226 ft
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-11 03:38
Please try to flash the firmware of your I2 by DJI Assistant 2. If the problem remains, you can send it back for further calibration. And the next firmware will fix this problem. Thanks for your support and sorry for the trouble it causes.

This is becoming confusing... I have had this issue since the purchase of my new x5s. I was told by DJI Mindy not to send it back as there would be a firmware update to fix it. So why are you telling the poster Elettrone78 to send it in if that is the case? I spent $3300 UAU on my x5s and I expect it to sit straight or at least have a firmware update to fix.It has been over 5 months now that I have been waiting. As a pro user this is affecting my day to day business.  
2017-11-12
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Would be nice to know when this new firmware is to come out.  Five months waiting isn't soon.
2017-11-12
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Anyone have the problem where the x5s tilts as you turn.... If I try to take a 360 panoramic the camera tilt is always off until it returns to where I started, I have to manually change the tilt as I go round.. I have recalibrated numerous times and this is with all lenses including the 15mm stock with hood and balance ring.
2017-11-12
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

Skyris Posted at 2017-11-12 13:25
Anyone have the problem where the x5s tilts as you turn.... If I try to take a 360 panoramic the camera tilt is always off until it returns to where I started, I have to manually change the tilt as I go round.. I have recalibrated numerous times and this is with all lenses including the 15mm stock with hood and balance ring.

Yes, that happens with my P4 as well as the I2.

Not that unusual to see it happen, and I do the same correction as you with C2 and right roller.  Some days are better than others, and it varies with the lenses used as well - even though the P4 has no other lens and it just tilts on its own while yawing around.

2017-11-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans6197024f Posted at 2017-11-11 11:39
When?? When will be this update of the firmware? Because this last one is by 5 months. People of this strange company - DJI, we are earning money with this equipment, and we need it right now!!

The new firmware will be come soon. Thanks for your attention and patience.
2017-11-13
Use props
IntrepidDrone
lvl.4
Australia

Stop the clocks.. It's happened! We have an update... First impressions... My x5s now sits straight ahead!!! Boom... results. After only 5 month of complaining and getting a result, who knows what we can achieve ( I will fly tomorrow and report back but stationary it looks good as camera is now centred for the first time.
2017-11-13
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, thank you for the fix. And if the camera isn’t perfectly centred, you can still tweak it in the app.
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

IntrepidDrone Posted at 2017-11-13 09:54
Stop the clocks.. It's happened! We have an update... First impressions... My x5s now sits straight ahead!!! Boom... results. After only 5 month of complaining and getting a result, who knows what we can achieve ( I will fly tomorrow and report back but stationary it looks good as camera is now centred for the first time.

Please keep us posted about the flight performance. Thanks for the time.
2017-11-14
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Yes, new firmware and my X5S is centered again, finally...and there's the new magic option to manually center the pan axis just incase.
About time.
Anyway I found new bugs with dual operator mode + cedence + crystalsky T_T, minor ones but still bugged.
2017-11-14
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

Yes!  Mine was tilted to the left about 5 degrees with the old firmware, and now is down to maybe 1 degree with the ability to tune it to center.
2017-11-14
Use props
fans6197024f
lvl.4
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-10 02:04
We are so sorry for the unpleasant experience with our products.
We do care about our valuable customers and are collecting issue from all channels and working on improving our products.
Sorry to have kept you waiting, please allow us some time to get it improved and thanks for the understanding.

New firmware - problem solved So, thanks. Don't fire this guy, who is responsible for the new firmware ;) Just fire this one, who keep as waiting so long :p
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Elettrone78 Posted at 2017-11-14 09:50
Yes, new firmware and my X5S is centered again, finally...and there's the new magic option to manually center the pan axis just incase.
About time.
Anyway I found new bugs with dual operator mode + cedence + crystalsky T_T, minor ones but still bugged.

Glad to know X5S is centered again, for the new problem you mentioned, may I have more details?
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans6197024f Posted at 2017-11-14 10:33
New firmware - problem solved  So, thanks. Don't fire this guy, who is responsible for the new firmware ;) Just fire this one, who keep as waiting so long :p

Hahaha, sorry to have kept you waiting for a long, but problem solved.
We will keep improving our products and try our best to fix the problem as fast as we can in the future.
2017-11-15
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-15 02:35
Glad to know X5S is centered again, for the new problem you mentioned, may I have more details?

As soon as I have some time, I still have to go trough proper configs cedence+crystal I received only this week.
When I do that configs I’ll be sure to point out the small inconsistencies I found.
Shall I PM them to you or just post here?
2017-11-15
Use props
SkyFilms
lvl.1
United States

mine does the same thing....
2017-11-18
Use props
Mike Yutkin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 669715 ft
United States

I just faced the same problem with my X5S dated a year ago here by you guys. The camera isn't centered, it's about 20° off to the left. I recently updated to the latest firmware with DJI Assistant 2 and boom.. here we go -  camera can't look straight now. There are arrows in the app to adjust yaw but they are not working, clickable but not doing anything. How do I fix the gimbal to point straight? Any thoughts?  
2018-4-23
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1478842 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yeah mine does the same thing on latest firmware
2018-4-23
Use props
markiet1966
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168819 ft
United Kingdom

Mike Yutkin Posted at 2018-4-23 13:02
I just faced the same problem with my X5S dated a year ago here by you guys. The camera isn't centered, it's about 20° off to the left. I recently updated to the latest firmware with DJI Assistant 2 and boom.. here we go -  camera can't look straight now. There are arrows in the app to adjust yaw but they are not working, clickable but not doing anything. How do I fix the gimbal to point straight? Any thoughts?

I had the same issue, I found that the yaw setting in the latest firmware does work, but it responds very slowly for some reason. If you change the setting then wait about 10 second you should find that it will move.

Mark
2018-4-24
Use props
IntrepidDrone
lvl.4

This was resolved with the firmware released at the end of 2017. You should not have an issue with the latest firmware.
2018-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules