Go4 app still crashing on Nvidia Shield
1524 17 2017-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoePGM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 391293 ft
United Kingdom

Go4 app still crashing on Nvidia Shield tablet.... both Go4 and shield are in latest version, still got app crash and shutdown several time within an hour ....

DJI when could you fix it!? It is so frustrating
2017-7-9
Use props
phantom_of_the_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90459 ft
United Kingdom

It's very interesting that you should post this as I was literally just wondering if it was safe to update the Shield to the latest software. I remember reading some threads on this forum where people upgraded the shield's own software only to cause major issues with the GO app! I was wondering if the latest App / Firmware for my phantom has fixed any issues.
2017-7-9
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

It's self inflected pain to upgrade every time a company issues a new firmware set.  If the machine is flying good stay one firmware upgrade behind to be safe.
2017-7-9
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

I posted a thread about this 2 days ago. I have my Nvidia Shield updated to the latest firmware. Now DJI Go constantly crashes with my Inspire 1. It's annoying. I just use the Litchi app and haven't had any issues.
2017-7-9
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi DJI, do your engineering recognise the app crashing issue and have any fixing schedule for that?

Thank you in advance.
2017-7-11
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi DJI, do your engineering recognise the app crashing issue and have any fixing schedule for that?

Thank you in advance.
2017-7-11
Use props
blackmennewstyl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3571004 ft
Thailand

Hi

For those who are experimenting crashes with the Nvidia SHIELD K1 using the DJI Go 4 app.

Downgrade your tablet with an earlier release of Android 6 and trust me you won't regret.
2017-7-13
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
United Kingdom

blackmennewstyl Posted at 2017-7-13 09:08
Hi

For those who are experimenting crashes with the Nvidia SHIELD K1 using the DJI Go 4 app.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... id%3D386&page=3

it looks like downgrading back to android 6.0 now is not safe........
2017-7-14
Use props
blackmennewstyl
lvl.2
Thailand

JoePGM Posted at 2017-7-14 03:04
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=85675&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D386&page=3

it looks like downgrading back to android 6.0 now is not safe........

Hi

I'm flying since almost two weeks now with Android 6.0.1 and DJI Go 4.1.3 and it's working like a charm! I'm so happy.

Most problems i have seen on the other thread are due to the fact that a lot of people don't erase all their datas before downgrading and also the bad optimization from DJI in their application software development. DJI Go 4 app has a terrible energy consumption, terrible for the tablets/phone batteries on Android...
2017-7-21
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
United States

DJI GO has become too bloated aiming to support different model on 2 apps. If you are using Android whether it is phone or tablet, you are advised to stay with Android 6 and you will be out of misery.
One more note, if you are downgrading your Android os from 7 to 6, it is without saying that the whole system and any files are erased during the reintall of the earlier os.
2017-7-22
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Just did my Shield K1 downgrade to factory v1.5 package. Will see how's everything goes.
here are my procedure of downgrade the Shield K1, it summarized the whole procedure and correcting some outdated path/procedure from official website and youtube tutorial video.

nvidia Shield K1 tablet downgrade procedure summarise [without 3rd party tools]
2017-7-23
Use props
blackmennewstyl
lvl.2
Thailand

I've seem a lot of you have troubles flashing firmware on the SHIELD K1 tablet and i want to help you especially those who have their tablets rebooting all time after the upgrade.

I noticed most of tutorial ommitted accidentally an important command in the procedure when updating which is deleting all datas on the tablet. If not, the tablet will reboot constantly because it still has old and new datas corrupting everything.

So the correct procedure for flashing should be this:

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot erase system -w

fastboot flash recoveryrecovery.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash staging blob

I put the missing command in red and i also share my video for having a successful flash from start to end, you should have definitely better result with procedure. In the video i flash with the NVIDIA SHIELD Recovery OS image version 1.3.0 which provides Android 6.0.1 and i have very good results with this firmware when using DJI Go 4 app version 4.1.3. No crash, range improved, definitely go for this firmware for your SHIELD.

DJI Go 4 app version 4.1.3 - https://apkpure.com/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4/dji.go.v4

How to Upgrade/Downgrade ANDROID OS on your NVIDIA SHIELD K1 tablet? FULL COMPLETE PROCEDURE

00:08 - 1) Download the NVIDIA SHIELD OS recovery image
01:42 - 2) Download the NVIDIA SHIELD USB drivers
02:28 - 3) Download the ANDROID SDK command line tool
03:28 - 4) Download the JAVA SE development kit
04:21 - 5) Install the JAVA SE development kit
05:31 - 6) Create and organize your SHIELD working directory folders
06:34 - 7) Extract the NVIDIA SHIELD OS recovery image
07:42 - 8) Extract the NVIDIA SHIELD USB drivers
08:22 - 9) Create and organize your ANDROID SDK working directory folders
08:48 - 10) Extract the ANDROID SDK command line tool
09:34 - 11) Install the latest ANDROID packages
10:51 - 12) Update the latest ANDROID packages
12:31 - 13) Copy the necessary files from the ANDROID SDK TO YOUR SHIELD OS recovery image
13:21 - 14) Unlock the Developer Mode on your NVIDIA SHIELD K1 TABLET
14:11 - 15) Enable USB DEBUGGING on your NVIDIA SHIELD K1 TABLET
14:45 - 16) Allow permanently USB DEBUGGING for your computer
15:14 - 17) Install the NVIDIA SHIELD Family drivers
17:15 - 18) Flash Recovery OS image - Step one: Reboot the tablet in bootloader mode
18:33 - 19) Flash Recovery OS image - Step two: Unlock the boatloader of your tablet
19:22 - 20) Flash Recovery OS image - Step three: Wipe all datas from your tablet
20:16 - 21) Flash Recovery OS image - Step four: Install the recovery OS image
22:21 - 22) Flash Recovery OS image - Step five: Exit the bootloader mode and reboot the tablet
2017-7-24
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Mexico

Could you provide a link for dji go 4.1.3?
2017-7-25
Use props
blackmennewstyl
lvl.2
Thailand

DTK Posted at 2017-7-25 02:18
Could you provide a link for dji go 4.1.3?

Hi

It's the latest version at the moment of the android application

https://apkpure.com/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4/dji.go.v4
2017-7-25
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

Many thanks. It is probably prudent to save a copy for later use. If my tablet has any problem in the future, I can still install this working version instead of being pushed to latest version which may or may not work with 1.10 AC firmware.
2017-7-25
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

I also have kept a copy of 1.10 FW for later use if I need to upgrade my X5 camera. Still a bit hesitate to do it because of the $170 for the mounting plate for X5. Too expensive....
2017-7-25
Use props
blackmennewstyl
lvl.2
Thailand

DTK Posted at 2017-7-25 16:54
I also have kept a copy of 1.10 FW for later use if I need to upgrade my X5 camera. Still a bit hesitate to do it because of the $170 for the mounting plate for X5. Too expensive....

I think all the DJI GO apps are simply optimized for Android 6 and below, i'm saying it because when looking carefully almost all the Android tablets/phones listed as supposed working properly with the apps are Android 6 fully compatible.

Honestly, stick with the versions of pretty much everything which give you the best results as long as you can, i made this mistake twice (being up-to-date) and i stayed grounded way too long. No more.
2017-7-25
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

So problem solved. Anyone wanting a stable DJI Go app running properly should read this thread. Everyone has been wasting too much time on this issue everyday. I am quite sick of it already. Well DJI still remains silent on this issue.
2017-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules