Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Are you going to keep your drone registration?
1572 15 2017-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Clare_G101
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39236 ft
United States

I think I will, just for traveling outside of the country incase that place needs you to have your information on your drone, but what are your thoughts on this whole thing about being able to get your money back, and are you going to do it or not do it and why?
Single SelectVote, Total 33 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-7-9
Use props
dancopter
First Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I am guessing it won't be long until they relegislate drone registration in the US anyway.
2017-7-9
Use props
BluesDragon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 634291 ft
United States

It is what it is... although it is not.. worth the hassle to get back $5.00 for me.
2017-7-9
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Given my hourly rate It'll cost me more to have it removed that it's worth. Plus, might come in handy should I lose it and some good samaritan turns it in.
2017-7-9
Use props
gabriel.magana
lvl.1
Flight distance : 177254 ft
United States

It's just $5.  If it was something like $100 USD or more, then it would merit more than a moment's thought. So, no, it's not worth the effort, so I'm not going to see how to get my money back.
2017-7-9
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since my Mavic is registered as commercial, I plan to register the Spark as commercial as well, just in case I ever need a back-up. Five bucks isn't enough to make any difference on the budget.
2017-7-9
Use props
Tombolian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

Yes, I'm keeping my registration and even keeping my number on the drone.  Keeps me honest ;-)  No need for $5 back after spending $1300 to get this thing...
2017-7-9
Use props
atomicrobokid
lvl.1
United Kingdom

As someone no from the US, but due to travel there soon for a month, has something changed with the law? Am i no longer required to register my drone before i go?

Thanks

Ryan
2017-7-9
Use props
aj0125
lvl.1
Flight distance : 225830 ft
United States

atomicrobokid Posted at 2017-7-9 21:40
As someone no from the US, but due to travel there soon for a month, has something changed with the law? Am i no longer required to register my drone before i go?

Thanks

you no longer have to register in the U.S. for recreational purposes.
2017-7-9
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

No,  I thought the consumer registration was senseless from the start.
2017-7-10
Use props
Bill in Ohio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I am keeping it.  If the drone became lost, I have the registration # for someone to back track via FAA to me, although I also have my cell phone # and name on it as well.  Also if someone comes up to challenge me about flying, I can point to my registration and the FAA rules that I follow.  Helps forestall someone agitating for police action or new local rules.
2017-7-10
Use props
Bill in Ohio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

atomicrobokid Posted at 2017-7-9 21:40

Thanks

For recreational (hobby) use, no.  However for professional use, you have to register, take test etc.
2017-7-10
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

For $5 it's not worth my time plus registration paperwork like this seems to impress bureaucrats here and abroad.
2017-7-10
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got my registration during the free period before you had to pay.  I wouldn't bother to ask for $5 back even if I had paid.  I'm keeping mine.  I like the number & it looks cool on the drones!  

crop_ContactPhoto-IMG_20170123_014237.jpg
2017-7-10
Use props
Jimmers
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

I'm already registered and I'm not going to bother applying for a refund.  It's good for 3 years so I'll decide what to do once my current registration expires.  Chances are the regulations will change by then anyway.
2017-7-10
Use props
NoSale
lvl.4
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

Yes, because in due time, the FAA will find a way to charge recreational users again.

Its not worth my effort to recuperate $5, when I know they'll find a way to get it back again in the future.
2017-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules