Goggles touchpad doesn't work. Help!
4318 10 2017-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Boop
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3537 ft
United States

I've been unable to get the touchpad on the goggles to work at all, and as a result can't get past the initial language selection screen. Has anyone else experienced this?

I mainly want to determine whether mine are broken, or if is this something I can resolve with software. I've followed the cryptic manual instructions for getting them set up, but haven't had any luck resolving this. I'd rather not have to send them back to DJI, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
2017-7-9
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

Try swiping forward with two fingers to unlock the touchpad.
2017-7-9
Use props
Boop
lvl.1
United States

Yep, tried that, but unfortunately it doesn't work. The touchpad is completely unresponsive, no matter what I do.  

DJI support folks: Am I doing something wrong, or do I need to return these? I'm really hoping that there's an easy fix.
2017-8-27
Use props
djiuser_yPUHaHK
New
United States

Boop Posted at 2017-8-27 14:53
Yep, tried that, but unfortunately it doesn't work. The touchpad is completely unresponsive, no matter what I do.  

DJI support folks: Am I doing something wrong, or do I need to return these? I'm really hoping that there's an easy fix.

Have you gotten any response to this?  I am having the same problem and cannot find any way to overcome.  Did you have to get the Goggles replaced?
2018-1-20
Use props
Boop
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_yPUHaHK Posted at 2018-1-20 09:47
Have you gotten any response to this?  I am having the same problem and cannot find any way to overcome.  Did you have to get the Goggles replaced?

I have some unexpected good news. After leaving the goggles in the box for a couple of months, I decided to see if upgrading to the latest firmware would make a difference. Sure enough, after doing so (using DJI Assistant on my Mac, with the goggles plugged in via USB), they now seem to be fully functional and working fine after a full day of use.

What's a bit odd is that even before I upgraded the firmware, l found that the touchpad would work for a minute or so before it became unresponsive again. I'm guessing this weird behavior was just a bug that has now apparently been fixed.

Let us all know if upgrading the firmware solves your problem. I hope it does!
2018-2-6
Use props
partytyme
lvl.1
United States

I HAVE A SET THAT DOES THE SAME THING S THERE A RESET FOR THE TOUCH PAD? HARD TO SHOW PEOPLE HOW COOL THEY ARE IF THEY DONT WORK

2018-8-12
Use props
fansff9ccebf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 246850 ft
Australia

I've had the same problem with the unresponsive touchpad three times.. Two times before updating and one time after.. Plus, I just turned them on and the opening screen had green lines through it and froze, then restarted.. Also, I wear glasses because I can't see distance, so I didn't think the goggles would be a problem, but they always seem out of focus.. Only had them 24 hours and have had four problems with.. Seriously not happy..
2018-12-7
Use props
jackshaheengmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 636129 ft
United States

Same problem here.  Have used them a few times since I have owned them.  Tried to use them today and same thing you guys are seeing.  Unresponsive touchpad.  Probably a bad design and DJI is not going to admit anything.
2020-2-17
Use props
avata7
lvl.1

South Africa

hi there,,, i have had the same ISSUE,,, here is what you need to do, at the language stage, the pointer showing on your smart phone how to swipe on touch pad ,,, YOU NEED TO PUT THE GOGGLES ON TO YOUR FACE whereby the goggle will switch on AND THEN THE TOUCH PAD WILL WORK ,,, each time you remove the goggle the screen is in sleep mode, so GOGGLE ON YOUR FACE, proceed with the different steps / menu functions and THEREAFTER, the blue GO FLY will appear on your smart phone
2022-12-29
Use props
avata7
lvl.1

South Africa

hi there,,,

i have had the same ISSUE,,, here is what you need to do, at the language stage, the pointer showing on your smart phone how to swipe on touch pad ,,, YOU NEED TO PUT THE GOGGLES ON TO YOUR FACE whereby the goggle will switch on AND THEN THE TOUCH PAD WILL WORK ,,, each time you remove the goggle the screen is in sleep mode, so GOGGLE ON YOUR FACE, proceed with the different steps / menu functions and THEREAFTER, the blue GO FLY will appear on your smart phone
2022-12-29
Use props
avata7
lvl.1

South Africa

fansff9ccebf Posted at 2018-12-7 21:20
I've had the same problem with the unresponsive touchpad three times.. Two times before updating and one time after.. Plus, I just turned them on and the opening screen had green lines through it and froze, then restarted.. Also, I wear glasses because I can't see distance, so I didn't think the goggles would be a problem, but they always seem out of focus.. Only had them 24 hours and have had four problems with.. Seriously not happy..

hi there,,,

i have had the same ISSUE,,, here is what you need to do, at the language stage, the pointer showing on your smart phone how to swipe on touch pad ,,, YOU NEED TO PUT THE GOGGLES ON TO YOUR FACE whereby the goggle will switch on AND THEN THE TOUCH PAD WILL WORK ,,, each time you remove the goggle the screen is in sleep mode, so GOGGLE ON YOUR FACE, proceed with the different steps / menu functions and THEREAFTER, the blue GO FLY will appear on your smart phone
2022-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules