New
Flight distance : 46257 ft
Netherlands

Hi All
Let me introduce myself.
I am Bas from the Netherlands and bought the mavic for fun/hobby

Today i lost my mavic after 29 flights.
Few days in my possesion
I was tracking my son on his scooter, was amazed how it followd him and i see i could swing left or right.
When swinging left i heard the drone crash in the trees. I thougt the drone could see obstacles.
Lost connection and couldnt find it. Total panic. Jumped in the muddy dutch river en started to feel the bottom if i could find it.
After 25 minutes we pulled it out is was on the side of the river submerged in water and the leds where working still.
Pulled myself out of the mud full of scratches and stings from nettle when searching the bush. (and started crying)
Now i am trying to see what i did wrong.
Can someone help me understand the flightlog.
Thanks in advance.
2017-7-9
Use props
Radrone
New
Netherlands

The Log

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/PF5PM8DBKRZFKYX26NMU/#
2017-7-9
Use props
Rodger Marjama
lvl.3
United States

Sorry for your loss.  The Mavic does not know if there are obstacles on the sides, rear or top.  Only forward and below.  And then, those obstacles really need to be something more of a solid nature to be diverted automatically by the Mavic.  Trees, limbs, or any other protrusions really are not dealt with very well at all.  If you fly in any area where there are obstacles, it is your responsibility to avoid them as the pilot.  Hope you can fix it.

-Rodger  
2017-7-9
Use props
Radrone
New
Netherlands

In a straight line there where no obstacles. Got the wauw effect looking at the screen and not the drone. It looked so fine. Didn't realize it was so far of the subject.
2017-7-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for your loss, Radrone, could you please sync your flight records then send an e-mail with your DJI account email and the date this occurred to support.nl@dji.com, we’ll create a case for you.
2017-7-10
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Get a large bag of rice and drop the Mavic in for a few days.  
2017-7-10
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

... or silica gel desiccant if you don't have any rice laying about ;-)
2017-7-10
Use props
Radrone
New
Netherlands

Just did that last night.
Dissambled the drone to its core
Al the electrical parts in rice.
This evening put the drone together and did a test.
Drone starts, I can lift off I have camera feed. Only i have gimball error. After the crash there was a little smoke comming from the gimbal area yesterday so i inspected the ribbon cable en it has a strange form in lines. I think it overheated there.
Now I need someone in the Netherlands that sells that cable.
Thanks for advice
2017-7-10
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

in case you have dji care, use it. if you dont, get a cable. i'm not very good at stuff like this, but i could change the ribbon cable and it works. got mine from aliexpress.
2017-7-12
Use props
Radrone
New
Netherlands

I ordered one from eBay UK
Hope it wil come before 31-7 or else i must buy new one for vacation. Fingers crossed
2017-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules