NVidia Shield K1 Sun Visor (UK Fliers)
1314 10 2017-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phantom_of_the_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90459 ft
United Kingdom

I have just spent the best part of an hour, searching for a sun visor for my Shield tablet, to fly my P4. I am astounded that even after all this time, no one has made a decent offering!!

I have found a 3D printed one on the american Amazon, but nothing on the UK amazon. I have found nothing on google either. It seems most people have either made their own, or bought one that isnt designed for the Shield, and just put up with the poor fitting!

Can any of my UK colleagues offer any input? I thought the Shield was the most common Android device for the Phantom range, but yet here we are!

Thanks.
2017-7-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is the DJI offering any good, not sure of the K1 dimensions.

http://store.dji.com/product/ins ... onitor-hood-tablets

2017-7-9
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I tried it last year but it did not really work for me.  I could not see the screen on a sunny day.

I am not using the K1 for that reason, plus mine was not getting a clean streaming video; green lines and lag.  

2017-7-9
Use props
phantom_of_the_
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-9 11:45
Is the DJI offering any good, not sure of the K1 dimensions.

Yeah I seen that. It doesn't appeal to me at all because 1. Its generic, so it wont fit properly. 2. It's made of a "floppy" material so wouldn't be very sturdy.
2017-7-9
Use props
phantom_of_the_
lvl.2
United Kingdom

MD_Icarus Posted at 2017-7-9 11:49
I tried it last year but it did not really work for me.  I could not see the screen on a sunny day.

I am not using the K1 for that reason, plus mine was not getting a clean streaming video; green lines and lag.

What tablet are you using now?
2017-7-9
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Why don't you try a HDMI Goggles. Avegant Glyph is a good choice. Also Dji Goggles but you may have to wait.
2017-7-9
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Connect Goggles direct to K1. You will also need type A to mini hdmi adapter.
2017-7-9
Use props
phantom_of_the_
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fansa7dc5944 Posted at 2017-7-9 23:44
Why don't you try a HDMI Goggles. Avegant Glyph is a good choice. Also Dji Goggles but you may have to wait.

Because of the price of them lol
2017-7-10
Use props
Jan Jensen
lvl.3
Denmark

i use a Hoodman HAV1 for my nvidia k1

here as a kit: http://shop.hoodmanusa.com/product-p/hav1kit.htm

2017-7-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

phantom_of_the_ Posted at 2017-7-10 06:46
Because of the price of them lol

Aloha phantom,

The DJI shade product is not flimsy at all.  Quite solid, it just does not fit the nVidia Shield K1 at all.  I have one and it is still sitting there doing nothing.  (It is made for iOS tablets.)  I make sunshades out of 12-pack cardboard.  Works great!  And I can make the custom for just how I like it.  I even painted it with flat paint.  You can even buy 1 inch square Velcro patches at any office store.  They have self-adhesive backs for easy application.

As for goggles, the Eachine Goggles Two are 1080p and for only $140.  20/20 vision although I have 3.0 diopter reading glasses inside.  Amazing result.  Banggood sells a circular lens reading glasses that fit perfectly for $7.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-11
Use props
Amref
lvl.1
Flight distance : 252287 ft
France

https://www.amazon.com/PGYTECH-7 ... unded/dp/B01LVTU45C
2017-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now