Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Maintenance Plan?
1688 6 2015-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
garethgr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 366201 ft
United Kingdom

Instead of us all battling to get insurance, has DJI not maybe thought of providing a Maintenance Plan? Similar to what you would get on a car.
So you pay a monthly / annual fee which covers the usual smashes into a tree and such and also maybe an annual checkup / service?
This way we are covered as well as always sure that our birds are in tip top condition.
2015-3-19
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.4

Canada

Wouldn't work in Canada...Transport Canada requires $100,000.00 liability. If you are working comercially you need to carry at a minimum $2 million and some clients require $ 5 million liability....
2015-3-19
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kinda stretching it guy. For DJI to offer a maintenance plan to cover crashes would cost you twice as much as a new Inspire. I think you are looking for Insurance and the only Insurance that I know of that is available is Liability only.
2015-3-19
Use props
garethgr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 366201 ft
United Kingdom

You both have valid points. They could have an excess charge, like motor insurance companies do. I mean how many people try and claim little things on their motor insurance? I think Liability insurance only really covers you for damage to others and others property, not for repairing your craft?
2015-3-19
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.4

Canada

I have full coverage with both $2 million liability as well as for damage to my UAV .The deductible is $250.00...Depending on my clients I may have to increase to $5 million liability...I cant see DJI getting into the insurance business.
2015-3-20
Use props
nalhutta
lvl.3
Flight distance : 138156 ft
Canada

Wildcat Willie Posted at 2015-3-20 22:00
I have full coverage with both $2 million liability as well as for damage to my UAV .The deductible  ...

Hey Willie, Do you mind if I ask who you are getting liability insurance for your Inspire through? I live in B.C. and am interested in getting insurance, just in case.
2015-3-20
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.4

Canada

No problem...

Ron Campbell | Account Executive
Aon Risk Solutions  |  Aviation Specialty Group
1100 – 1st Street SE, 4th Floor
Calgary, AB, T2G 1B1
Tel: 403.267.7735  |  Fax: 403.267.7045
NOTE: NEW MOBILE – 780-493-1868
ron.campbell@aon.ca  |  aon.ca
Aon Reed Stenhouse Inc.
They specialize in aircraft insurance and were very good and understand UAVs better than most...When you apply to them just make sure to give them detailed information...I sent them everything I sent to Transport Canada. I went through all 85 conditions and answered each one point by point...Its a bit of work but is paying dividends for me when Govt depts like municipalities, Parks Dept etc want to know what Im up to...
2015-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules