How to set max distance when using iphone as controller?
1770 12 2017-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GIdoc
lvl.2
United States

Was out flying Spark with my iphone... and got the following message:
Max flight distance reached.  Adjust main controller settings.

I went into controler settings... and I don't see an option to change settings... I'm sure it's right in front of me somewhere... anyone know where?
Thanks.
2017-7-9
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Nop.. cannot, it is fixed.
2017-7-9
Use props
GIdoc
lvl.2
United States

Why does it say adjust main controller settings? LOL.
No way to reset home point while you walking along and keep flying? (I think I tried that, and didn't work).
2017-7-9
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Sure, you can set a new HP in the air. The 100m Limit will be beased on that point.
But you can't change the max distance in the App like when you are connected to a RC.
2017-7-9
Use props
GIdoc
lvl.2
United States

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-9 22:35
Sure, you can set a new HP in the air. The 100m Limit will be beased on that point.
But you can't change the max distance in the App like when you are connected to a RC.

When you set the new home point... did you set it as aircraft or pilot?  Have you tried this?  Did it work?  I'll have to try again, because I don't think it worked for me.
2017-7-10
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

GIdoc Posted at 2017-7-10 08:00
When you set the new home point... did you set it as aircraft or pilot?  Have you tried this?  Did it work?  I'll have to try again, because I don't think it worked for me.

I set it at the Aircraft. After this the message with max distance was gone.
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-10 08:23
I set it at the Aircraft. After this the message with max distance was gone.

Dirk, do you mean the distance limit was gone altogether, or just reset?
2017-7-10
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-7-10 08:55
Dirk, do you mean the distance limit was gone altogether, or just reset?

The message was gone, the limit was reseted. So that you can go another 100m. Sorry for misleading.
Will there be a solution for tracking longer than 100m with smartphone only? Maybe a dynamic Homepoint option?
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-10 10:10
The message was gone, the limit was reseted. So that you can go another 100m. Sorry for misleading.
Will there be a solution for tracking longer than 100m with smartphone only? Maybe a dynamic Homepoint option?

Since I personally think something that solves this problem is fairly important, I've been trying to get an answer to this question. Right now it seems there are other, larger priorities. This won't be forgotten, though.
2017-7-10
Use props
GIdoc
lvl.2
United States

Dirk, were you walking near the drone somewhat?  and just opened settings and hit set home point?
2017-7-10
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-7-10 10:30
Since I personally think something that solves this problem is fairly important, I've been trying to get an answer to this question. Right now it seems there are other, larger priorities. This won't be forgotten, though.

This would be a really nice to have a dynamic Homepoint like in "Follow Me" on my Phantom and Mavic.
Because when you are riding a bike, setting the HP new every few seconds isn't a good idea.

Also please think about the options to set the failsafe to hover or land.(like the other dji drones) At the moment the spark can only fly back the HP.
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-10 10:40
This would be a really nice to have a dynamic Homepoint like in "Follow Me" on my Phantom and Mavic.
Because when you are riding a bike, setting the HP new every few seconds isn't a good idea.

Please make sure you mention this in the thread dedicated to Spark recommendations (if not done already).
2017-7-10
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-7-10 10:42
Please make sure you mention this in the thread dedicated to Spark recommendations (if not done already).

I have already mentioned everything important i've noticed.
Hopefully dji will hear us.
2017-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules