Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying the DJI Spark in Spain, Mallorca
3044 3 2017-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fabiomota
New
Flight distance : 38337 ft
Switzerland

Hi there,

I'm going to Mallorca this summer, Palmanova to be exact. I've researched a lot about flying drones in Spain, but to be honest I'm still not sure if I should take my DJI Spark with me and if I would be safe flying in Mallorca.

I would be flying at the beach in the early morning when none or only a few people are there. I've read that flying at the beach is also prohibited, but isn't that only during the day when lots of people are there?

I have common sense, I fly save and I don't do stupid things at all. But I really don't want to get in trouble in any way. I don't really speak spanish so if someone stops me, I want to be able to easily let him know that I can fly there.

Any experience or knowledge about this?

Thanks.
2017-7-10
Use props
Jorge D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225827 ft
Spain

Hi, Palma in summertime it's a very crowded place. You can fly but you have  to check some simple rules:

> You have to fly on VLS that means looking at your drone all the time
> No more than 120mts high
>You can't fly in urban areas, over people in any kind of place or event...so you can't fly on the beach but you can if you find any spot  or empty beach...
>You can't fly at night, but you can do it on the sunset
>You can't fly near of an airport, heliport...

Anyway the Spark in Europe has a very limited range, and has the geolocation system of the DJI GO APP, so it will not take off if you are in a no fly zone... you only have to be worried about the people mostly tourists like you, a lot from the U.K. and Germany.

My advice is to find empty spots or beaches, rural areas in the inside not only the coast going there very early on the morning or during the sunset... you will find amazing places to film and take shots.

http://www.seguridadaerea.gob.es ... ones_uso_drones.pdf
2017-7-10
Use props
Jorge D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225827 ft
Spain

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mBM4_rpxaMk
2017-7-10
Use props
djiuser_jVMK1XpcfDFt
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Be aware that the King's summer Palace is in mallorca and when the sailing boats are racing he is there. When he's is there is restricted air space. It doesn't come up on dji geo zones but I was told. I was flying my spark and phantom one evening and the Spanish police came to my flat which is opposite the Palace across the water. They made me land them and told me it was restricted air space until he was gone which came as the information that the gun boat would no longer be seen at night. The Spanish don't mess when it comes to there royals. I was also ticked off but less seriously by a local when flying near the volcano core as it is a nature reserve. You know where they are as there are signs that tell you, I hadn't bothered to read. Mallorca is a touchy place if your doing something near the King's Palace. Good luck and I know theat parts are great picture opportunities. Just be wary.
Good luck abs have fun
2019-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules