Do you have the FMC Green? Are you having signal issues?
1064 14 2017-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156867 ft
  • >>>
United States

Trying to see how many people here are having issues with the FMC Green?  Is it ONLY the green model getting "aircraft disconnected" and slowly dropping out of the sky?
Need to figure this out.... cannot fly this guillotine if I can't control it.

I have only 4 flights with my Spark, every single one has had issues.

2017-7-10
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

What device are you using to connect to the remote control?
2017-7-10
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Jimmers Posted at 2017-7-10 10:52
What device are you using to connect to the remote control?

iPhone 7+
2017-7-10
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Uh yeah, somehow I don't think that the issues are related to the color of the Spark.  For what its worth, I have green.
2017-7-10
Use props
The_0perator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 245046 ft
United States

Yeah I've had my green Spark since 06/24/17 and have had zero issues with it.  None.  It's a Fly More setup using a an iPhone 7+ connected via WiFi (31 flights totaling close to 2 hours of flight time).  I purchased an OTG setup just in case but have yet to ever use it.

I would be surprised as well if any of these issues are tied specifically to a particular color bird.
2017-7-10
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

Try to eliminate anything that may be causing interference.....turn off Bluetooth, close all open apps, make sure you aren't flying in a location with a lot of metal and/or cement.  See if that helps.  Usually Apple products are pretty good with DJI products.  I myself use an iPHone 7 and have never had a problem.
2017-7-10
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-10 11:01
Uh yeah, somehow I don't think that the issues are related to the color of the Spark.  For what its worth, I have green.

ABSOLUTELY could be related to the color IF they were all manufactured in the same plant.  Trying to narrow down if the problem is based on a factory, shipping location or what.
2017-7-10
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

NerdyGuy Posted at 2017-7-10 11:55
ABSOLUTELY could be related to the color IF they were all manufactured in the same plant.  Trying to narrow down if the problem is based on a factory, shipping location or what.

Having been a Production Engineer for 25+ years I can assure that the top colored section of the Spark (Green, Red, Yellow, etc.) is the last part that is put on in the production/assemebly process.  The best & only way to track lot/batch is by the serial numbers and only DJI knows the serial number segmentation
2017-7-10
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-10 12:00
Having been a Production Engineer for 25+ years I can assure that the top colored section of the Spark (Green, Red, Yellow, etc.) is the last part that is put on in the production/assemebly process.  The best & only way to track lot/batch is by the serial numbers and only DJI knows the serial number segmentation

Oh I see.  So for the most part they won't manufacture different colors in different factories?    DJI has had many issues in the past with inital releases... Had issues with the Osmo, software would not export media to camera roll... (DUH)... Mavic had a few minor issues... but I haven't had any issues as bad as this one.
2017-7-10
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Jimmers Posted at 2017-7-10 11:48
Try to eliminate anything that may be causing interference.....turn off Bluetooth, close all open apps, make sure you aren't flying in a location with a lot of metal and/or cement.  See if that helps.  Usually Apple products are pretty good with DJI products.  I myself use an iPHone 7 and have never had a problem.

I live in the mountains, and there is very little in the way of signal noise.  Clear shot right to the drone... Still issues.  Considering returning/refund.   Have only flown like 4-5 times.... keeps falling from the sky.  Too dangerous.
2017-7-10
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

NerdyGuy Posted at 2017-7-10 12:03
Oh I see.  So for the most part they won't manufacture different colors in different factories?    DJI has had many issues in the past with inital releases... Had issues with the Osmo, software would not export media to camera roll... (DUH)... Mavic had a few minor issues... but I haven't had any issues as bad as this one.

I'm well aware of the issues, but the color is just a snap on cap and I highly doubt that they (DJI) have a factory for each color cap that snaps on.  Production line...yes, which is why products like this use serial numbers.  Each segment of the serial # is representative of assembly date, workbench, shift, etc.
2017-7-10
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 270840 ft
Czechia

I highly doubt it is related to color. I have yellow Spark and having similar issues. In fact, look around the Spark forum - you have to notice all threads with signal loss and disconnects.
2017-7-10
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

As Tviscomi is saying , this is the last part that can have connections with the signal issue . I work as quality controller in a production assembly plant , and i assume the cover part is added at the end of production and it's decided by the shifts daily . Only thing is that white color was the firs to came off the production line in great numbers (shipping ate  conclusion) .
2017-7-10
Use props
Byrd's Loft
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48320 ft
United States

Mine is white flymore and has RC disconnect issues
2017-7-10
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-10 12:17
I'm well aware of the issues, but the color is just a snap on cap and I highly doubt that they (DJI) have a factory for each color cap that snaps on.  Production line...yes, which is why products like this use serial numbers.  Each segment of the serial # is representative of assembly date, workbench, shift, etc.

Cool thanks for the info!
2017-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules