5010 30 2017-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
timkkkk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122162 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I have inspire 1 with Z3 updated to latest firmware + RC's updated latest version + latest GO app
I want to add slave remote, i see purple LED but i cant find master so im unable to connect to master
Any idea how to solve this?
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please check if the the firmware version of Master RC and Slave RC are the same. Otherwise, the Master RC cannot be searched.
2017-7-11
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi there,
I have just had a lot of problems linking my Inspire with two controllers.
Good news, goto this link it's where the other members and DJI helpers gave me advice and it all worked out fine.
Now everything works perfectly.
Link:-
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D216%26typeid%3D216

Take your time and go look at all the advice there, it worked for me and it might work for you.
Try it, bye
Dave
2017-7-11
Use props
timkkkk
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-11 00:40
Please check if the the firmware version of Master RC and Slave RC are the same. Otherwise, the Master RC cannot be searched.

hi Mindy,  both rc have latest version 3.1.13
both apps have 1.7.80
aircraft has 1.11.01.50+

still not able to find master rc
2017-7-11
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

timkkkk Posted at 2017-7-11 05:14
hi Mindy,  both rc have latest version 3.1.13
both apps have 1.7.80
aircraft has 1.11.01.50+

Here is a video that may help , make sure you are tapping the slave tab and that you are requesting the master RC.  Make sure entire system is fired up and ready as well.
confirme that both remotes are using the same "Stick Mode " as well .Mode 2 is default .

2017-7-11
Use props
timkkkk
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

Donnie * Posted at 2017-7-11 05:22
Here is a video that may help , make sure you are tapping the slave tab and that you are requesting the master RC.  Make sure entire system is fired up and ready as well.
confirme that both remotes are using the same "Stick Mode " as well .Mode 2 is default .

Done everything in the video
all latest and same firmware both mode 2
green led on master and purple led on slave
still not able to find master rc
altough i have now video on both rc but cant control gimbal (for a moment, no video anymore now) , master doesnt show in the list and cant request control

2017-7-11
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

timkkkk Posted at 2017-7-11 05:47

If you still have trouble I would Rollback  and re install the Firmware  on the RC transmitters first and then if that dont solve it I would delete and re install the go apps .
You may want to try another device for the go apps or switch the Master to the Slave and vice versa, worth a shot .

You may wish to just clear the Remotes first of any pre-sets and then try again, this may solve it also . You will need to Re Link the Master to the Aircraft after foing below procedure . Reset the RC of any odd presets:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the RC controller ( pess and hold all three firmly )  then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

When you go to "search for master RC " what happens ???
Does the slave  and "master" and Slave "  even show up on the Remote controller  List ?
Can you make the Slave the Master and re link to the AC ? and vice versa?  just to make sure the Salve is working ?  
If you have a minute send me a reply e mail and I will send a short video of mkine if you wish

donaldjames1990@gmail.com

donnie

2017-7-11
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

timkkkk Posted at 2017-7-11 05:47

Wait a minute ! If you had video on the Slave  then you were connected.  Are you in Coach Mode by any chance ???? that may be the problem  if you can't control the gimbal  from the slave .  Dis able that feature if you have it on . Make sure you have the entire system fired up or you wont see that option , it is on remote control settings tab .

Also are you using the same type go app device for both the Master and Slave ?  You must use fast processors on both or the video signal will fail.

donnie
2017-7-11
Use props
timkkkk
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

Donnie * Posted at 2017-7-11 05:59
If you still have trouble I would Rollback  and re install the Firmware  on the RC transmitters first and then if that dont solve it I would delete and re install the go apps .
You may want to try another device for the go apps or switch the Master to the Slave and vice versa, worth a shot .

Hi Donnie, ive reset both rc and now im able to find the master and succesfully linked
i have video but not able to control gimbal
when i press, request control, i have a popup saying: request timeout

almost there:-)
2017-7-11
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

timkkkk Posted at 2017-7-11 06:22
Hi Donnie, ive reset both rc and now im able to find the master and succesfully linked
i have video but not able to control gimbal
when i press, request control, i have a popup saying: request timeout

Any money you are in "coach "mode , turn that off .  Located on the master
Just re boot the system and you should be fine regarding the time out .

donnie
2017-7-11
Use props
timkkkk
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

Donnie * Posted at 2017-7-11 06:23
Any money you are in "coach "mode , turn that off .  Located on the master
Just re boot the system and you should be fine regarding the time out .

No, im not in coach mode.
rebooted couple of times, just not able to request control
2017-7-11
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

timkkkk Posted at 2017-7-11 06:45

Ok, on the slave  do you have the option to search for the master ?  
I take it you press this and nothing happens is that correct ?

the problem is we have commumication to the slave from the Aircraft but no communication between the Slave and the master .  Look at the  diagram for reference .  

You may need to swap the master for the slave and vice versa to make sure the slave is actually working  OR re load the FW on the RC tranmitters, this  was a known problem on the last FW of the RC but I thought they had it fixed .

Can you swap aeound the go app devices and see if that does anything ? or try another go app device ?

Dual_Controllers.png
2017-7-11
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

timkkkk Posted at 2017-7-11 06:45

You say you were linked Once ,  If it did it once it should do it again ,  I will give you time to tinker and get back with you later
good Luck

donnie
2017-7-11
Use props
timkkkk
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

Donnie * Posted at 2017-7-11 07:05
You say you were linked Once ,  If it did it once it should do it again ,  I will give you time to tinker and get back with you later
good Luck

Hi Donnie,

yes, now i can link, so i have video on both RC but im not able to control gimbal
when  i request control, it says timeout
2017-7-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

timkkkk Posted at 2017-7-11 09:16
Hi Donnie,

yes, now i can link, so i have video on both RC but im not able to control gimbal

Did you say you were using the Z3 camera?  If so, do you have the X3 camera you can try in place of the Z3?  I think the Inspire 1 needs to be updated without the Z3 camera connected. The new FW is available only for the X3.

Let me know what you think

Rich
2017-7-11
Use props
timkkkk
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-11 20:25
Did you say you were using the Z3 camera?  If so, do you have the X3 camera you can try in place of the Z3?  I think the Inspire 1 needs to be updated without the Z3 camera connected. The new FW is available only for the X3.

Let me know what you think

yes, i have Z3. i dont have an X3 around but i can ask someone, worth a try
all is working except gimbal control
2017-7-12
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

timkkkk Posted at 2017-7-12 01:54

Ok if all is working except you dont have gimbal control try this .   ( are you still getting the timout ).
If you no longer have the timeout issue , try this .  

If you still have the timout , try Rich's suggesting of Installing the X3 camera . But make sure you load the proper FW for it as well . ( It should work with the Z3 as far as I know)

Once you confirm that the Slave is in command, go to the screen of the I pad and point your finger on it , try moving the camera with the small green circle that will pop up  when you place finger on the screen , You may want to practice first on the Master.

see if it works then .  also go to the Gimbal Settings / Advanced / configuration   You will see three config options , be sure to reset these  to factory defaults .  Or at the very least make sure NONE of the values are set below "10 "  if the values are to low the camera gimbal will not move properly on the slave .

Also make sure you are in "follow mode"  on the  Master RC and you are not in FREE or FPV... confirm this please .

***When you updated you DID choose the Z3 from the product drop down list correct ? You made sure you had "Success" on the SD card  log after loadingFW correct ????
Let me know

donnie

2017-7-12
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

timkkkk Posted at 2017-7-12 01:54

It was just a idea for something else to try. I know the Z3 has given some folks on the forum a little more trouble when it first came out. There was some confusion with the FW etc....  But when I looked at the download page and selected the Z3 camera from the drop down, the latest FW looks to be correct.  SO, that might not have  anything to do with your issue.

Trying another camera might at least be another option

Like Donnie is saying, you really need to double check all of your settings with both remotes. This can trip up the most seasoned pilot.

Rich
2017-7-12
Use props
timkkkk
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

i have tried all possible things and followed all suggestions of Donnie except X3
still have the timeout issue, i can take picture but no gimbal control
2017-7-20
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

timkkkk Posted at 2017-7-20 11:01
i have tried all possible things and followed all suggestions of Donnie except X3
still have the timeout issue, i can take picture but no gimbal control

Are you still getting the timeout option or are we passed that ????? If beyond the timeout problem read on !  
Have you tried to move the camera from  the slave I pad with your finger on the iPad ?  Just see if it will work ? You will get a green dot  and then can move the camera , try on the Master first to get a feel and then try on the slave when you have the Slave  system initialized .
did you double check that you are in Follow Mode ?  did you check the Gimbal settings and re set them ?   did you confirm theMaster and Slave  RC are on the Same Firmware  versions ?

Also does coach mode work ?  You would be able to strat the motrs then via coach mode . This will tell us if the Master and slave are communicating on the 5.8 frequency .
donnie .

a lst resort is to rollback the Ac to the previous Firmware and then rollback the firmware on the RC transmitters and make sure they are on compatible FW .

***Also I welcome Any other members to chime in with suggestions, I know Rich and I chime in with many suggestions but I ( we ) always welcome Input form ALL forum members .  If you have an idea please share your experience !

2017-7-20
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Just want to report success in upgrading and linking my slave controller after the upgrade.
What did cost me some time was that the slave was working fine, purple light, video feed and able to change the EV with the right top wheel on the FB. But could not control the gimbal with the sticks. What I missed was clicking the request-control button in the link screen.
You do that once a year if that, time enough to forget all of that again.

Not helpful for this particular case but maybe it is related to the Z3????
2017-7-20
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

WernerD Posted at 2017-7-20 21:20
Just want to report success in upgrading and linking my slave controller after the upgrade.
What did cost me some time was that the slave was working fine, purple light, video feed and able to change the EV with the right top wheel on the FB. But could not control the gimbal with the sticks. What I missed was clicking the request-control button in the link screen.

Glad you finally got it Werner !! Persistence wears down resistance !

donnie
2017-7-21
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

WernerD Posted at 2017-7-20 21:20

Thanks for reporting back what you found...

Glad you figured it out and are up and running again

All the best
Rich
2017-7-21
Use props
timkkkk
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

Donnie * Posted at 2017-7-20 11:09
Are you still getting the timeout option or are we passed that ????? If beyond the timeout problem read on !  
Have you tried to move the camera from  the slave I pad with your finger on the iPad ?  Just see if it will work ? You will get a green dot  and then can move the camera , try on the Master first to get a feel and then try on the slave when you have the Slave  system initialized .
did you double check that you are in Follow Mode ?  did you check the Gimbal settings and re set them ?   did you confirm theMaster and Slave  RC are on the Same Firmware  versions ?

Hi Donnie,

still having the timeout issue.
confirmed follow mode - firmware - reset rc settings

coach mode doesnt work, finger on ipad doesnt work

i have image, i can take photo, settings C1, thats it
2017-7-25
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

timkkkk Posted at 2017-7-25 05:10
Hi Donnie,

still having the timeout issue.

The only thing I can think of is to do a rollback of the  AC to the earlier FW version and then try again .  I know that many members were having issues with the 1.7 ( Slave to master issue ) and I thought they had it resolved in the latest FW update .

sorry , wish I had a better answer

Can you get your hands on another RC transmitter to test and se if it is the slave RC cauing the issues ?
**** You are saying that you can take a picture and video with the  slave RC but you cant control the Gimbal ?  Is that the case ?
You did go to the gimbal settings page and make sure none of them had a value below 10 is that correct ?  On the Master -

One other thing , when you did the update to  your system (AC), you did choose the Z3 from the "Select Product "  option correct ?  Just want to make sure you have the correct Fw on board  the AC .

sample below .

donnie

select product.PNG
2017-7-26
Use props
timkkkk
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

How do i rollback? there used to be a symbol when the go app started but i dont see it anymore.

yes for sure Z3 firmware - value is above 10

yes, only thing missing is gimbal control

DJI support told me to send it to repair center...

2017-7-27
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

timkkkk Posted at 2017-7-27 03:09
How do i rollback? there used to be a symbol when the go app started but i dont see it anymore.

yes for sure Z3 firmware - value is above 10

***When you did the downlaod for the latest firmware on yor AC you DID CHOOSE THE Z3 from the Product Select  correct "  If not then what I would do is start from the beginning and Choose the Z3 from the drop down list  AND LOAD  THE CURRET VERSION THAT IS ON THE AIRCRAFT WITH THE Z3 firmware as well .  You may have simply updated the AC and NOT updated the camera, that could ( NOT SURE ) be causing alll these problems .
If you did load the Z3 firmware and are sure of it then I would do the rollback and see if that solves it , You could then try to update again as there may have been some missing data in the update , Not sure .
*** If you have this on the About tab for the AC AND Z3 you would be up to date.

•                                                                    Aircraft version v01.11.01.50 and camera version 1.9.1.40 should be displayed in DJI GO.

If you have a later update on the camera then I would think that the AC was updated but NOT the Z3.

You will  go to the DJI downloads page like in example above , pick out the Z3 camera from the "Product Select " then you will see a page come up with the current Firmware and the One just previous to it .  Load that just like you would any other update .
You will not do anything on the Go app, this is stricltly on the AC.

If you were rolling back the RC transmitter , from the pge with a picture of the Inspire AC you will see a picture on the top corner of what looks like paper airplane , press and hold that it in .  Make sure the RC is powere up and connected to the Go app and you have a solid wi fi connection ot it .

I would start with the AC rollback and then do the RC rollback if the problem persists.

Once completed test the system .

*** Just wondering , You did try to move the camera on the Master Go app device with your finger correct ?  It should have a green circle show up and then the camera will move with your finger movement.  Just want to collect as much data on this as I can .  I understand it may not work on the Slave Go app but It should work on the Master go app.  You DO not need to hook up the slave RC and all that , Just test that it works with the Master RC and that go app.  I just want to confirm the camera does indeed move  on the  vibration board .

donnie

2017-7-27
Use props
timkkkk
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

Donnie * Posted at 2017-7-27 03:52
***When you did the downlaod for the latest firmware on yor AC you DID CHOOSE THE Z3 from the Product Select  correct "  If not then what I would do is start from the beginning and Choose the Z3 from the drop down list  AND LOAD  THE CURRET VERSION THAT IS ON THE AIRCRAFT WITH THE Z3 firmware as well .  You may have simply updated the AC and NOT updated the camera, that could ( NOT SURE ) be causing alll these problems .
If you did load the Z3 firmware and are sure of it then I would do the rollback and see if that solves it , You could then try to update again as there may have been some missing data in the update , Not sure .
*** If you have this on the About tab for the AC AND Z3 you would be up to date.

Hi Donnie,

i have latest firmware as you said: Aircraft version v01.11.01.50 and camera version 1.9.1.40
press and hold paper plane doesnt work for me

yes, the camera moves when i press the screen with a blue circle
2017-7-29
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

timkkkk Posted at 2017-7-29 01:58
Hi Donnie,

i have latest firmware as you said: Aircraft version v01.11.01.50 and camera version 1.9.1.40

Just try to rollback the AC FW then .  The RC should work with  the previous FW  and no need to Rollback .
**** I Made a mistake, You press the Graduation cap in the othere corner , Sorry bout that .!!! ( not the Paper Airplane )

Just for futrue reference here is a video on rolling back RC, Make sure Go App device has solid wi fi connection and press and hold that grad cap Icon for a good 5 seconds , should work .''

donnie

2017-7-29
Use props
zgreen
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-11 00:40

If I'm using the cendence remote (master) and Inspire 2 remote (slave), can they have the same firmware version? or do i need to have 2 of the same remote cendence(master) & cendence(slave)
2019-10-18
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

zgreen Posted at 10-18 10:55
If I'm using the cendence remote (master) and Inspire 2 remote (slave), can they have the same firmware version? or do i need to have 2 of the same remote cendence(master) & cendence(slave)

No, these different RC models can not have the same FW versions. Just make sure both are on latest FW, that's all.
2019-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules