2879 17 2017-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SectorDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I will be flying low and short distance (Very LOS)...

Just for few selfie shots...

Can I just use the RC ?  I am NOT comfortable with virtual Joystick ...
2017-7-10
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

yes is possible.. just that you wont be able to view whats you are taking..
2017-7-10
Use props
bcharleson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 521811 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes you can. Like mentioned above you will just not be able to view what kind of photos and video that you are taking.
2017-7-10
Use props
fans0ccf913c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29705 ft
Spain

I think you ca not reccord video or take pictures. Otherwise, please say how please. I did a test and it didnt reccord anything on the onboard card
2017-7-11
Use props
rickysuperdog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

DJI recommend connect to the apps even using gesture control and palm take off
2017-7-11
Use props
kasei
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118399 ft
Germany

fans0ccf913c Posted at 2017-7-11 00:35
I think you ca not reccord video or take pictures. Otherwise, please say how please. I did a test and it didnt reccord anything on the onboard card

i dont think theres anything to it. try setting it up with a phone connected first, format the sd in the settings, check if its recording etc.

ill just turn mine and the rc on, snapped some pics and vids using the controllers video and picture buttons. and checked the footage on the sd in my laptop. everthing ok
the from leds ( red turn off when taking vid or pic)
2017-7-11
Use props
fans0ccf913c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29705 ft
Spain

I will try again. Thank you so much
2017-7-11
Use props
fans1e71c6dd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1742 ft
Ireland

I read somewhere if u don't log into the app you are restricted.I may be wrong!
2017-7-11
Use props
Ozone
lvl.2

United States

Yes you can take photos and video. The record and shutter button are on the front of the controller.
Also you may view the photos - just have your phone connected:
first connect phone to SparkRC wi-fi, then enter settings and choose remote icon and select link RC,
with spark powered on, hold power button for 3 seconds to link.
2017-7-11
Use props
kasei
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118399 ft
Germany

fans1e71c6dd Posted at 2017-7-11 08:29
I read somewhere if u don't log into the app you are restricted.I may be wrong!

i think your right. think they put that in around the time the spark shipped.

but if you do line of sight flying and photo/videography  the spark probably isnt far away anyway.

with that said i would to always connect to my phone. flew ab bit today and didnt want the "hassle" to remove my phonecase and squeeze it into the rc.
i did connect and just turn the screen of and put it in my pocket. just make sure the app keeps running when in standby.

this way you have the range, audible information about battery etc and can peek sometimes if the exposure is ok and where the camera is pointed.

to have some idea about the gimbal without picture you got to train a lot. i have my custom buttons configured for this scenario.

custom right bumper points the cam down/up and the Fn facebutton lock/unlocks the Exposure.
this way i can tilt up, a bit down etc and have at least some idea what im shooting. with the exposure lock i try to get the right overall exposure.
mostly when flying into the sun ill lock the exposure on the sky and tilt a bit down. the ground is a bit darker this way but the sky is blue and doesnt burn out.
2017-7-11
Use props
SectorDrone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

The reason I dont connect my phone (just the RC) is I live in NFZ.  But I wanted to fly gesture mode or simple LOS selfies or follow me.  

If I connect my phone, surely the DJI GO will disable my motors....unless I dont load the map (?)
2017-7-11
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

SectorDrone Posted at 2017-7-11 18:02
The reason I dont connect my phone (just the RC) is I live in NFZ.  But I wanted to fly gesture mode or simple LOS selfies or follow me.  

If I connect my phone, surely the DJI GO will disable my motors....unless I dont load the map (?)

My understanding is that the NFZ data resides within the firmware (i.e. Spark), thus with or without phone NFZ will still be active.
2017-7-12
Use props
SectorDrone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-12 01:55
My understanding is that the NFZ data resides within the firmware (i.e. Spark), thus with or without phone NFZ will still be active.

Not true... I can fly it only with RC..dont think the map NFZ is in Spark .
2017-7-12
Use props
Evel Knievel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 539852 ft
United States

Yep, I was doing it yesterday. My reasoning is that I want to get it in the air ASAP and snap that selfie then bring it back down. The reason for connecting the RC is to use the photo/video buttons and for a way to take back control if the gestures stop working.
Never thought about the NFZ part. Interesting.
2017-7-15
Use props
CharlieZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Yes, you can!
2019-1-5
Use props
boydusmaczoidus
lvl.2
Slovenia

Hi guys - new to the forum. I will be without my phone for a while, and so was wondering about this very question. Yes, it is possible, and have just found out that the red lights on the front will go out while that particular function is being carried out - so in fact you don't have to remember what you've pressed. For example, press the video button and the lights will go out while a video is being taken. Press  the button once more and hey presto on they come again. For photos, they will go out briefly while that photo is being taken. Kudos to the engineers for thinking of this - guess that's why we pay the big bucks?!
2019-3-15
Use props
boydusmaczoidus
lvl.2
Slovenia

Hi guys - new to the forum. I will be without my phone for a while, and so was wondering about this very question. Yes, it is possible, and have just found out that the red lights on the front will go out while that particular function is being carried out - so in fact you don't have to remember what you've pressed. For example, press the video button and the lights will go out while a video is being taken. Press  the button once more and hey presto on they come again. For photos, they will go out briefly while that photo is being taken. Kudos to the engineers for thinking of this - guess that's why we pay the big bucks?!
2019-3-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes you can but you'll get a much better flight experience with my fluid and agile controls using the RC.
2019-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules