Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Goggles HDMI connection not working
10046 18 2017-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavicman222
New
Flight distance : 441444 ft
Australia

Hey Guys,

Just got the DJI goggles and out of the boxes all functions worked fine. Connected to the Mavic and got it setup. Even connected the goggles to my iphone and laptop for some youtube videos and other movies.

Now the HDMI input doesn't appear to be working. Tested different connection/devices but regardless of what I connect it to it says "HDMI disconnected"

All other functions are fine, still hooks up to the mavic fine and there doesnt appear to by any damage to the goggles/cables.

I've opened a support ticket already with DJI but have not had a response.

Anyone have this problem before?
2017-7-10
Use props
fans85a67472
lvl.1
France

Hi, I just received my DJI goggles today and have the same problem with the HDMI. I tried for example to connect an Atomos monitor HDMI out and got the same alert in "yellow"HDMI disconnected. So it seems that all the HDMI are not working.
2017-7-21
Use props
fans961ad78a
New
Cambodia

I also had the same problem, i can't connect any device to my goggle using the hdmi cable. Anyone have any idea about this?
2017-7-31
Use props
fans85a67472
lvl.1
France

fans961ad78a Posted at 2017-7-31 23:35
I also had the same problem, i can't connect any device to my goggle using the hdmi cable. Anyone have any idea about this?

Actually is seems that it depends on the video format. Try 1080p or 720p and it should work
2017-8-3
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.4
Canada

I tried mines on 2 different computers and had no issues. They were both sending a 1080p signal.
2017-8-7
Use props
fans802e59b3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 327352 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did anyone find a fix for this as i'm having same issues the goggles work fine on the Mavic but get hd disconnected on the inspire 1 any help is appreciated..
2017-8-15
Use props
Mavicman222
New
Australia

I did find a fix for mine. Turns out the supplied DJI cable was the issue. I ordered a new cable made by Ugreen for $4 and that works without issue. Watched a blue ray movie last night using the cable.

I tested the DJI cable and got the HDMI disconnected notice again. Its possible there might be an issue with the cables DJI are including with the goggles, which is unusual given that the strain reliefs and cable construction are (to me) very robust looking.

But there you go, a new $4 cable fixed it.
2017-8-15
Use props
fans802e59b3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 327352 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavicman222 Posted at 2017-8-15 22:19
I did find a fix for mine. Turns out the supplied DJI cable was the issue. I ordered a new cable made by Ugreen for $4 and that works without issue. Watched a blue ray movie last night using the cable.

I tested the DJI cable and got the HDMI disconnected notice again. Its possible there might be an issue with the cables DJI are including with the goggles, which is unusual given that the strain reliefs and cable construction are (to me) very robust looking.

Appreciate the reply .. do u have a link to the cable please..  ive changed the hdmi module and can only put it down to cable issue now... appreciate ur help..
2017-8-16
Use props
Mavicman222
New
Australia

heres the exact one:

https://www.aliexpress.com
then copy and past this in the search box should work: Ugreen Micro HDMI to HDMI Cable 2M Gold-Plated 1.4 3D 4K 1440P High Premium Cable Adapter for HDTV XBox Mobile Phone Table Cable

did you change the hdmi module on the goggles? how much did that cost??
2017-8-17
Use props
Chris walker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 255194 ft
  • >>>
Chile

fans802e59b3 Posted at 2017-8-15 14:13
Did anyone find a fix for this as i'm having same issues the goggles work fine on the Mavic but get hd disconnected on the inspire 1 any help is appreciated..

to me happened the same... I bought a new wire and now work perfectly
2018-7-13
Use props
djiuser_xp03WBM6IgIe
New
Flight distance : 2034 ft
United States

I first tried to plug the HDMI into the power receptacle because I didn't notice the different internal shape.  I think that bent the small HDMI.  So I'm sending in for a new one from that AliExpress.  My goof...
2019-11-11
Use props
cmacclel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20669 ft
United States

How did you connect the googles to an iPhone?
2020-6-1
Use props
Gravney A Richardson
New

Trinidad and Tobago

That ugreen cable didnt wirk
Still getting "hdmi disconnected "
2020-12-12
Use props
Mavicman222
New
Australia

Gravney A Richardson Posted at 12-12 05:20
That ugreen cable didnt wirk
Still getting "hdmi disconnected "

Hi Gravney,

If a new cable did not work it may be the HDMI board on the goggles unfortunately.

2020-12-14
Use props
Gravney A Richardson
New

Trinidad and Tobago

Mavicman222 Posted at 2017-8-15 22:19

It might be the board
I ordered the same ugreen  cable you suggested and the problem persists .
My unit worked at first but stopped
Examined the board after disassembly and found cold solder joints on the hdmi ground .Resoldered it but still no connection
2020-12-16
Use props
Bill-NM
lvl.3
United States

Any further info on this?  I tried connecting to a Sharkbyte receiver module as well as my PC - neither worked.
2021-5-22
Use props
Mavicman222
New
Australia

Bill-NM Posted at 5-22 14:33
Any further info on this?  I tried connecting to a Sharkbyte receiver module as well as my PC - neither worked.

Hi Bill,

There seems to be a pattern of people having this issue, sometimes it's just the cable and for others it seems to be the actual HDMI board inside the googles. You can try replacing the board or using a different cable but I doubt DJI will be bothering to help you out with this issue.

All the best!
2021-5-27
Use props
djiuser_Jp1ZtoBUCfpl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14544 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Mavicman222 Posted at 2017-8-17 22:33
heres the exact one:

https://www.aliexpress.com

Got that exact cable
Didnt work