Support frustration
1074 4 2017-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DentonPilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1009898 ft
United States

I had a P4 camera that started to have issues and sent to DJI for repair. Figured this gave me the oppurtunity to get a P4P, have the P4 as a backup. I did all the firmware upgrades, etc. and test flew the P4P before going to a job to map out a construction site. 2 days afer purchase. using Map Pilot, on the 2nd leg of a 3 flight mission, the P4P fell out of the sky from 398 feet in automated flight. After about 3.5 hours of searching the brush, etc. (amazing how well it was hidden, watched it fall from the sky and knew where it was), located the P4P and sent to DJI for review. Boith the P4 and P4P left for DJI at the same time, same UPS truck, arrived at DJI at the same time watching the shipping. The P4 is since fixed and headed back, the P4P sits and appears to be waiting for DJI. I recieved an invoice for the P4P but I asked if logs were reviewed as I suspect this is a posible warranty issue. Was told no the logs are not reviewed by default and that they would review and get back with me. Days later, I get the same invoice, checking online I see the status “Please submit your data analysis form in time so that we can handle the case as soon as possible.”. I called support and asked about this, I was told I had no action and to watch email. I am at the point where I don't trust what DJI support says, they are telling one thing as notifications are different. I am at the point of just paying the invoice and being done. Frustration is turning in to a give up.
Hoping there is someone from DJI that can tell me what is happening and why when I send to P4's in for repair, one is done and the other sits?

P4 - CAS-739478-Q2P3V5
P4P - CAS-745091-Q2P0D3

I uploaded the flight log for anyone who wants to take a look. I was flying in Map Pilot so this CSV is from the last flight (FLY009.DAT) from the P4P itself -  http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/8G6A5AEV3SZ03ZYMPPNE/#

My opinion of the flight log of the crash, it looklike there was a rightBack propulsion issue. The P4P began to spin clockwise and tumble (starting with pitch up) which would be consistent with a rightBack propulsion issue. The nonGPSCause and gpsHealth errors appear to be caused by the spinning and tumbling.

In addition, the rightBack motor speed decreased and the rBack motor current increased

The increased current also caused a sag in the voltage.

Thanks to anyone who wants to take a look or any DJI folks that can assist. At this point I just want the Drone back so I can get back to working with it on jobs. Seems asking if under warranty causes a long delay.

Darren

2017-7-11
Use props
Capo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

Speed decrease along with increased current, usually means a prop or motor was blocked. Hitting a tree or other object, or possibly a bird strike could do this.
2017-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry for the unpleasant experience so far, our support has submitted the data analysis request, it's still undergoing the analysis, please ignore the quotation email.
I have informed local appropriate team to speed up the process and we will email to you about the result of data analysis once it's done.
In addition, your Phantom 4 has gone through the quality evaluation and will be shipped out very soon, appreciate your patience very much.
2017-7-11
Use props
DentonPilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1009898 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-11 19:55
I'm sorry for the unpleasant experience so far, our support has submitted the data analysis request, it's still undergoing the analysis, please ignore the quotation email.
I have informed local appropriate team to speed up the process and we will email to you about the result of data analysis once it's done.
In addition, your Phantom 4 has gone through the quality evaluation and will be shipped out very soon, appreciate your patience very much.

I paid the quotation request before you replied to try and get  the P4P moving along.
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DentonPilot Posted at 2017-7-12 20:44
I paid the quotation request before you replied to try and get  the P4P moving along.

I've seen that our colleague has contacted you about the data analysis. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us
2017-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules