1147 21 2017-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7744acd0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2169731 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all

After reading about all the problems on here and mavicpilots. I took the plunge and bought one anyway! And after setting everytjing up and taking it out with FW .900 using xiaomis mi pad 2, ive had no problems yet. I will always be very carefull and keep it fairly close. Hopefully the enjoyment gets better. Just wanted to post something positive. This mavic is the 3rd batch, so maybe they have slowed their machines down resulting in better quality mavics. Am i speaking to soon?
2017-7-11
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Never had ANY issues with mine, coming up on a year.  Enjoy your Mavic, its a great platform.
2017-7-11
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Same w/ mine....been flying around approaching 7 mos to date.....NO PROBLEM!!!
Samsung J7/ LG G Pad X8 w/ AOS 601.........Go 4 App 405 / FW 400 MP/RC OEM stock.
2017-7-11
Use props
el pelo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236768 ft
United States

how do you know it's 3rd generation?
2017-7-11
Use props
fans7744acd0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I'm guessing its the 3rd gen. Good to hear you guys are flying happy!
2017-7-11
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

fans7744acd0 Posted at 2017-7-11 13:00
I'm guessing its the 3rd gen. Good to hear you guys are flying happy!

There are plenty of rumors that the Mavic Pro 2 is due soon, but before this happens, the current Mavics are still 1st generation.

BTW, I'm also pretty happy with my Mavic so far, after some 25 hours of flight time and some 180 flight times.

2017-7-11
Use props
fans7744acd0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Yes when I say 3rd gen. I mean they have slowed things up. First batch were good. Second were horror stories from what I've read as dji were trying to keep up with demand. I've heard nothing about a mavic 2 release. Only speculations
2017-7-11
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
France

Mine has also performed faultlessly and has been since it arrived last year. Always updated the software and its always behaved.
2017-7-11
Use props
fans7744acd0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Its good to read this. I'm sick about reading about problems. Yah it must be horrible to get a bad one and I really feel sorry for the ones who have a bad experience after spending a lot of money. But I am sure dji are trying very hard to give us value for money and trying to sort out the FW problems for some of us.
2017-7-11
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

Mine has been without any issues.  I've had it since February.......
2017-7-11
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

First gen here still awesome from day one.
2017-7-11
Use props
Duane652000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 319429 ft
United States

Mine is still new with about 4.5 hours of flight time, 30+ flights in two weeks of ownership.  So far no problems here, except for couple of video disconnects.  I'm not sure, but it's really hot at over 95f and it's always happens when on a second flight immediately after a previous flight.  I'm wondering if it needs a little cool down after a flight at these temps?  Although I'm usually able to regain video by unplugging the phone from rc and replugging it back in.

I'm very happy!
2017-7-11
Use props
CharlieFliesDro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36148 ft
United States

Through trial and error Tweeks,Crashes, Flight time I have entered  a sweet spot and my mavic has been preforming above my expectation and enjoying the Gift named "Mavic"
and waiting Fo
r Mavic pro II With side and Rear sensors and rear camera..
mavic are getting cheep as time goes on and Might be in the market for a second mavic  
2017-7-11
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

I think it's the nature of forums such as this one where people post problems, hence you read of problems. If everything is working well, most people don't bother posting.
2017-7-11
Use props
fans7744acd0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

That good to hear. As for the mavic 2 I personally think It won't happen. I think the mavic will stay as it is and they will design a drone very similar to the mavic and brand it a different name. Slightly dropping the price of the current model by a couple hundred bucks. Its just my opinion, I could be wrong.
2017-7-12
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

PHL Posted at 2017-7-11 23:30
I think it's the nature of forums such as this one where people post problems, hence you read of problems. If everything is working well, most people don't bother posting.

I think PHL said everything: forums are places with great discussions and difficulties.
Many great users and many trollers.
And, as always, mainly here, that is an official forum, people come to expose their problems expecting help and solutions.
I have mine since may. It is my second one (first was a parrot).
It gives me some issues but I am very happy and proud to have one.
2017-7-12
Use props
KKIB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103022 ft
United States

Been 4 months since I gave birth to my Mavic. The only problem I ever encountered is when it wanted to fly and crash into my SUV's front wheel. Besides that, a great platform indeed.
2017-7-12
Use props
Car147
lvl.3
Flight distance : 180351 ft
United Kingdom

Bought mine in April, (manufactured on 17th March) and its never missed a beat, either in flight or updates.
2017-7-12
Use props
BluesDragon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634291 ft
United States

KKIB Posted at 2017-7-12 10:03
Been 4 months since I gave birth to my Mavic. The only problem I ever encountered is when it wanted to fly and crash into my SUV's front wheel. Besides that, a great platform indeed.

Ouch! Even with arms folded, that had to be one painful birthing!

Never an issue with mine here, either (knocking on the proverbial wood). I was also nervous about pulling the trigger after researching all I could on the MP. I'm glad I didn't give in to my fears.
2017-7-12
Use props
Nephroghost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 200456 ft
United States

Almost didn't buy one due to the negativity I read on various sites.  After 42 flights and awesome experiences with it I'm glad I took the plunge!  No issues.  I'm learning more and more with each flight and am understanding the "pilot error" that can occur and that gets documented on here. I fly conservatively following the rules and find that I gain more confidence in my bird day by day.
2017-7-12
Use props
fans7744acd0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Yah me too, sometimes your gut instincts are wrong! Yah I think if you fly sensibly and no massive range tests you should be fine. But I can understand people getting over confident only to be court out in a disaster situation! Could happen to any of us I guess if you get a GPS drop out! A GPS drop is bad news even for a really experienced pilot. Always expect the unexpected
2017-7-12
Use props
Duane652000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 319429 ft
United States

fans7744acd0 Posted at 2017-7-12 14:12
Yah me too, sometimes your gut instincts are wrong! Yah I think if you fly sensibly and no massive range tests you should be fine. But I can understand people getting over confident only to be court out in a disaster situation! Could happen to any of us I guess if you get a GPS drop out! A GPS drop is bad news even for a really experienced pilot. Always expect the unexpected

From my reading on the forum, i personally have thought that just a small handful of events/crashes reported may have been unpreventable.  Almost all are pilot error, with either ignorance (people obviously don't read the manual), or overconfidence and they get bit, then rant and rave when they loose their $1000 toy.  It's the US culture to not accept responsibility for our own actions.  
2017-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules