CAS-706467-X3X6T7 TERRIBLE REPAIR AND WARRANTY
948 1 2017-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6bd3057e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1606201 ft
United States

I have had major issues with the 299.00 DJI care plan that I purchased with my Phantom 4 on April 15th 2016 I recived the drone on April 19 2016 and the care plan went into effect.
The drone crashed on May 31st 2016 and it was in for repair for 4-5 weeks they did repair it for free and all went well until I was forced on 4-21-17  to upgrade to the go 4 app and the drone would not fly , I requested an RMA and the drone was returned for repair , DJI claimed one of the motors were damaged and refused to fix it under the care plan because I was two days out of the warranty period , they did finally credit me for the parts but charged me 130.00 for the labor. I felt they should have extended the warranty because I was withot the drone for 4-5 weeks during the warranty period while it was being repaired. I paid the 130.00 and they returned the drone to me on May 29th and out of the box the gimal was making a constant grinding noise and the camera seem a bit hot. On June 7th the 4k video image images were covered in white dots and streaks I called DJI and told them the issue and they sent me an RMA on June 10th to return the drone for repair. I aksed them at that time if it was OK if I waited to return the drone until I got my P4pro back from repair so I could use that box to ship back the drone they said no problem the shipping label was good for thrity days.
They sent me an invocie for repair for over 300 dollars to replace the camera computer board saying the RMA was out of the 30 day period , I called and told them there was problems with the drone when I recived the drone back from repair and I informed them on June 10th that the video was having major image issue.
Beside that I had been without the drone for 10 weeks of the one year care plan and that warranty should be extended and I felt that DJI had done something to damage the drone during the second reapir. I filed a complaint with the better business bureau after what I felt was unfair treatment by DJI.
Just posting this to let all of you out there know that if you buy any one year plan from DJI they will not extend that warranty for the period you drone is in for reapir.
I have never filed a complaint on any company with the BBB ,my credit card will pay for this repair as they have an extended warranty plan for any purchase I make but that is not the issue,bottom line DJI should have a more flexiable policy on extending there care plans and they should be more careful when they repair a customers product.

2017-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I regret the trouble you’ve been inflicted and really apologize for the unpleasant experience, I have forwarded your concern to designated department who will look into it and help you get an update soon.
We will have someone to contact you about further resolution after reviewing, your patience will be highly appreciated.
2017-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules