Fix for No Image Dji Phantom 3 Pro
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7322ae01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 205968 ft
United States

Well after sorting thru all the videos and comments about a issue regarding no image from the camera, i took it upon myself to remedy this problem by process of ellimination. Didnt feel it was worth the hassle of boxing up this drone to ship to dji with a crazy turn around time. Especially if it was out of warranty,  Luckily for me the fix came on first try, and it came down to replacing the whole camera itself, installed it and boom fixed, It seems to me that people experiencing this , and coming out with quick fixes should be aware it could be a sign of whats to come, meaning eventually the camera will eventually jus not work no matter what u try, be it firmware etc. Its really important to make sure to take care of the camera as best u can  be it with weather etc, overheating. Im not sitting here claiming to be a expert on this but luckily it worked out were i have a image again. Sad part of it all is the cost of a new 4K camera. I know theres a lot of people who cant afford to replace it, which is sad all together, I hope that eventually that the price will come down significantly. But to make a long story short  i have image again and a used camera i can use for basic parts, so another plus there, one thing i noticed before the problem is when in flight i looked at my battery level and it had gone all red,  so brought it down landed and after that thats when the problem started, not sure what caused that,  so im thinking that was enuff to fry the board making it useless, luckily it was all in the camera itself not on the mainboard. So if ur still struggling for a image, my advice is if u have the money jus grab a new camera and it should save u the headache of troubleshooting something that cant be trouble shooted, Once again this is all based on my experience. Sure i could have jus said the hell with it and toss it in the trash, but this drone isnt cheap its a major investment for some , thanks hope this helps.
2017-7-11
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha fans73,

Good save!  Are you certain the camera still does not work?  Can you claim with certainty that the camera is fried?  Often with older birds (I have three), the cables just become disconnected or experience corrosion block.  Taking an old unit apart and putting it back together again often gets rid of the corrosion enough so it flies again.  This happens most often in humid environments.

BTW, my P3P is my favorite bird.  Good you are back in the air again!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-11
Use props
fans7322ae01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 205968 ft
United States

Well my drones not that old, about a year and a half, not sure whats considered old, but  after fruitless  troubleshooting searching high and low the only thing that stuck in my mind was a person  who said they sent it to dji and that they changed the camera, and his issue was solved, i also changed the wfi module on top of it all looked at all the cables  closely even under magnifying lenses, but nothing out of the ordinary. leaving me to believe  everything was sound,  but once again  kept reflecting back on that one guys  changing of the camera and could only take a educated guess  as it must be in the camnera itself. i trouble shooted the problem so much that there were no options left except to sending it to dji, but the horror storys i heard from people who did, told me jus wasnt a viable option,  it had to be some sort of power surge or something that made the image useless, i fly over ocean all the time, yes its possible for some corrosion, but my flights  are very limited and im not near the water, doesnt mean its not possible tho. but from what  i can tell its the camera because i put the old one on and still no im age, hope that sheds some light
2017-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules