Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
More of Miami at night
123Next >
11822 98 2017-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nicotheredfish
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5712 ft
Canada

they are even better !!
awesome pics men !
2017-7-20
Use props
fans264cf4c7
New

United States

Very cool!!!
2017-7-20
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Cool!!! Nice pics
2017-7-20
Use props
fans6e98b8e5
lvl.1
Australia

Miami Nice..!✌
2017-7-20
Use props
fans6e98b8e5
lvl.1
Australia

Miami Nice..!
2017-7-20
Use props
kddesignsri
New
United States

Wow! Great photos!
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI GALAXY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1424 ft
United Kingdom

Have to say these look great. Can we have a drone student exchange lol.
well im knocking on 50 and im still reading the quick start guide ha ha...
2017-7-26
Use props
Arthur Mak
lvl.1
Japan

Nice picture, but do you encounter problem retrieving Mavic when it is dark.

Or just use the return home function?
2017-7-27
Use props
Sportbike*Pilot
lvl.1

United States

Look like Miami post card photos ! superb !
2017-7-27
Use props
Asainz320
Captain
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Arthur Mak Posted at 2017-7-27 01:19
Nice picture, but do you encounter problem retrieving Mavic when it is dark.

Or just use the return home function?

Out of my 150+ flights I've never used the RTH function lol. At night its super easy to see the Mavic with its very bright LEDs. I also use the map on the screen to easly know where the Mavic is located and it makes it a breeze to bring it back home
2017-7-27
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-7-27 09:31
Out of my 150+ flights I've never used the RTH function lol. At night its super easy to see the Mavic with its very bright LEDs. I also use the map on the screen to easly know where the Mavic is located and it makes it a breeze to bring it back home

AWESOME!! well done and thanks for sharing
2017-7-27
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-7-27 09:31

I've been too chicken to fly my mavic at night - u have inspired me to change that situation
2017-7-27
Use props
Asainz320
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-7-27 12:58
I've been too chicken to fly my mavic at night - u have inspired me to change that situation

Theres nothing to be affraid of lol! I really enjoy flying my Mavic at night. It will be extremely visible when you have the front lights on. There is also less air traffic at night time. The winds are asually calmer as well. I like flying at any time really, but the family takes most of my daytime so I have the night time for myself lol!
2017-7-27
Use props
manfredo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1891142 ft
  • >>>
United States

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-7-27 13:20
Theres nothing to be affraid of lol! I really enjoy flying my Mavic at night. It will be extremely visible when you have the front lights on. There is also less air traffic at night time. The winds are asually calmer as well. I like flying at any time really, but the family takes most of my daytime so I have the night time for myself lol!

Stunning pictures! ever thought about a tutorial on how to take pics like these? I'd certainly be willing to compensate you for your time.
2017-7-27
Use props
Kenneth R.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 201850 ft
Bulgaria

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-7-14 16:09
Thanks everyone!! These were not HDR, I just like to make them look a bit HDRish in post lol. No multiple shots were merged. I was actually upset at the Mavic for this photo session because all my DNGs were corrupted somehow. I had to edit the jpgs which are not ideal for post processing, but they came out good enough to share it with you guys

I too missed all my DNG's, I think it is a bug once the front sensors(cameras) are deactivated, You can not shoot DNG?????
2017-7-28
Use props
Gotcha
New
Germany

Amazing colors, great work
2017-7-28
Use props
Oh My
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18694 ft
New Zealand

Photo editing skill makes ordinary photos to brilliant photos.
I need to learn it.
2017-8-5
Use props
grahamnt
New

Philippines

Impressive shots indeed!
2017-8-12
Use props
Gregbella
Captain
Australia

They look great.Realy like the black and white one
2017-8-12
Use props
Koyotii
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78907 ft
Poland

Brilliant pictures please make more
2017-8-12
Use props
fans7da0e094
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6434 ft
Germany

Great Great.is wow
2017-8-13
Use props
Asainz320
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I will make a few new ones soon!
2017-8-13
Use props
Slic Ric
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4393 ft
United States

excellent photos!
2017-8-15
Use props
MavicCBR
lvl.1
Australia

Awesome photos! Besides the .5sec exposure and 1600iso, was there any other settings you changed? Or settings that i should take note of to fly my drone at night?
2017-8-15
Use props
Freedom55
New
United States

So Beautiful! How are you able to fly in that class B airspace?
2017-8-20
Use props
HG1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173002 ft
United States

I'm using a P4P and I as well am a night shooter. I can't seem to get any images into focus. How were you able get your images so sharp?
2017-8-22
Use props
Artesfioso
New
Flight distance : 6037 ft
Indonesia

very very bright and sharp, nice colour
2017-8-22
Use props
TakeFlite
First Officer
Flight distance : 780233 ft
Australia

Absolutely stunning.. like the others have said any other setting you've used? And how were the pics so sharp, my mavic sometimes struggles to focus in daylight
2017-8-22
Use props
Bigga J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

Fantastic shots there ... post some more please.
2017-8-23
Use props
Charli27
lvl.1
Australia

Asainz320 they look great mate
2017-8-23
Use props
enzonix
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1598 ft
United States

@freedom55

I'd like to know too and if he had a waiver to fly at night. People not following the rules set in place by the FAA and law enforcement makes us all look bad when they get arrested or make the news. Endangering public safety and the risk of property damage is higher at night and is reason enough to not fly at night.
2017-8-24
Use props
phantom_of_the_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 90459 ft
United Kingdom

Those shots look magical, very impressive. Is it legal to fly in that area? Post more if you can!
2017-8-24
Use props
Asainz320
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Airports
Recreational operators are required to give notice for flights within five miles of an airport to both the airport operator and air traffic control tower, if the airport has a tower. However, recreational operations are not permitted in Class B airspace around most major airports without specific air traffic permission and coordination.

Source: https://www.faa.gov/uas/where_to_fly/airspace_restrictions/
2017-8-24
Use props
Asainz320
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I have done research about the topic on flying on Class B airspaces and it is not very clear. Some people say it is clear but others, like me, think its not. The law says that we cannot fly in Class B within the 5 mile radius of an airport. Outside of the 5 miles you are good to fly recreationally. Same goes for night time flying, recreationally I believe we are good. I really dont undertand why, but there are way more restrictions for commercial than recreational pilots. I have asked law enforcement before my flights and they're ok with it. My flights are mostly over water so the risk of damage to third party property is very low. Flying at night, in my opinion, is way safer than flying during the day. I have said it before but I will say it again, the red LEDs on the drones make them very visible in the dark background compared to flying during the day. I have also mentioned this before, I did contact the sea plane base which is why the area is Class B, and they gave me the ok to fly around that area. They also told me that I didn't need to call them every time. They dont have any air traffic in the area at night either. The law for drones flying in Downtown Miami is that you're allowed to fly any drones weighing less than 5lbs. I believe that I follow the law as best as I can, so get out of here with that bs that Im breaking the law and I will make you look bad.
2017-8-24
Use props
Asainz320
Captain
  • >>>
United States

According to that article some will understand that recreationally we are not allowed to fly in ANY Class B airspace, but it clearly says "Class B airspace around most major airports", with 'around' being the key word. So thats what I mean that the law is not very clear. I will keep flying in Class B airspace that is outside of the 5 mile radius of any airport.
2017-8-24
Use props
Asainz320
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HG1 Posted at 2017-8-22 10:24
I'm using a P4P and I as well am a night shooter. I can't seem to get any images into focus. How were you able get your images so sharp?

Hi HG1,

I use a trick that I learned and use for my DSLR night shooting. I use the digital zoom and the manual focus. To get the sharpest shot possible zoom in all the way and look for a light or high contrast area with sharp lines then use the manual focus to dial in to the sharpest you can get the image to be. After that you can take a few shots from that point. When you move to another area do the same to focus on your new subject
2017-8-24
Use props
PJMC-UAV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66575 ft
Canada

To the op.  Something that may assist you and keep you legal.  
I do like the work you do, and I like others have concern when something could impact all of us in the drone community.
This is from the FAA website.
Waivers to Certain Small UAS Operating Rules
The small UAS rule (14 CFR part 107) includes the option to apply for a certificate of waiver, which allows for a small UAS operation to deviate from certain operating rules if the FAA finds that the proposed operation can be performed safely.
Waivable sections of part 107
Operation from a moving vehicle or aircraft (§ 107.25)*
Daylight operation (§ 107.29)
Visual line of sight aircraft operation (§ 107.31)*
Visual observer (§ 107.33)
Operation of multiple small unmanned aircraft systems (§ 107.35)
Yielding the right of way (§ 107.37(a))
Operation over people (§ 107.39)
Operation in certain airspace (§ 107.41)
Operating limitations for small unmanned aircraft (§ 107.51)
*No waiver of this provision will be issued to allow the carriage of property of another by aircraft for compensation or hire.
Applicants should submit their waiver requests to the FAA as early as possible. Processing time depends on the complexity of the request; however the agency strives to respond within 90 days.
Certificates of waiver may include specific special provisions designed to ensure that the small UAS operation provides an equivalent level of safety as part 107.
Contacting FAA is a good start.
You may not get the answer you want, but you will get an answer and can then plan Accordingly.
2017-8-24
Use props
Asainz320
Captain
  • >>>
United States

If you read my previous comments I memtioned the flying commercially is different. Im flying as a hobbyist. I am just as concerned as the next guy about how the actions of other can impact the hobbie for all of us, but I dont think Im breaking any laws. I believe I have done more reading and investigating of drone laws than most regular drone pilots in these forums. I keep seeing more and more people in my facebook feed buying a drone and start doing stupid things and those worry me. And thats only the ones I know so there must be a ton of idiots with drones out there. I am the least of your worries.
2017-8-24
Use props
Asainz320
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Please direct me to where I can read about the FAA prohibiting recreational pilots from flying at night. Thanks!
2017-8-24
Use props
PJMC-UAV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66575 ft
Canada

I'm trying to give you advice to help you in your droning. How you take that advice is entirely up to you.

If you are a responsible operator and want to know absolutely that you are in the right or wrong, contact the FAA and ask them.
2017-8-24
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules