RTH height
1367 7 2015-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nigel.keene
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I have read through the manual several times but I can't find any information about whether if flying higher than the preset 20m, the Inspire will maintain that height when the RTH function is engaged. Also is 20m sufficient for most situations I would think its quite low?
Can anybody help?

2015-3-20
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

If it flying higher than 20m, it will directly return to home at current altitude.
2015-3-20
Use props
Skywolf007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2758875 ft
Slovakia

From my experience, the Inspire will maintain its height, until it reaches landing poing - RTH point. I tried RTH functions a few times, but I don't use it.

About the 20 meters... In most cases its enough, but you should set it dynamically according to your situation. I would recommend to set it a few meters higher than anything in your flyzone, so in case RTH is engaged it will not collide with on the way back . I have 25m set, but in some cases I do set 50-100 meters too.

Also note - the height is calculated based on the takeoff point.
2015-3-20
Use props
nigel.keene
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thank you both for your quick replies.

I wouldn't often use the RTH but I needed to know what would happen were it engaged due to loss of power for my Flight Reference Cards.

N
2015-3-20
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

nigel.keene@whi Posted at 2015-3-20 18:52
Thank you both for your quick replies.

I wouldn't often use the RTH but I needed to know what woul ...

i have set it for 100 meters to avoid most tall objects in my flyzone..as a precaution...remember if your craft is lower than 100 meter in my case first it will go to 100 mt height then it will proceed to home point..
2015-3-20
Use props
huppeencoyote69
lvl.2

Netherlands

arunmehta Posted at 2015-3-20 19:17
i have set it for 100 meters to avoid most tall objects in my flyzone..as a precaution...remember i ...

You're right,I've set my RTH to 85 mtr.Much safer
2015-3-20
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I have just tested RTH once  - I have it set to 40 m and just ajust it if needed.
2015-3-20
Use props
benjaminsink
lvl.2

United States

That's how my inspire crashed. It didn't maintain height apparently. Watch the flight log video... Pay attention to the height. Hopefully covered under warranty.

http://youtu.be/GiuqSlK_EL4
2015-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules